What?

Never-Ending Beginning

Kris stared at his ceiling for the past 10 minutes. He didn't want to get out of bed, because the last time he did, it was horrible, so he decided to just day dream, until he had to. It was Monday and in a few minutes he had to actually get up for school. Then he thought, if he got up early, then he ad a better of chance of not seeing Sunny.

So, he got up and ruffled his hair. Kris looked puzzled as he saw his phone, it was vibrating, meaning that he had a missed call or/and some texts. He opened it and to his surprise there was eleven texts. Again, confused he opened the messages and all of them were about his birthday.

Then he looked at his missed calls and his jaw just dropped. He had just gotten two missed calls from Sunny. After, all he did to her, she would call him, twice and in the morning!? Kris pinched himself, but  it hurt and he knew that he wasn't in a dream.

"Fine! Go Ahead!" A scream from downstairs interrupted his thoughts, "I don't care if you want to go out tonight, just go!" Kris again was puzzled, his parents were arguing about this a few days ago, and they always found ways to fight about something new, Kris didn't even think that his parents fought about two of the same things, at least when he wasn't around.

"I'm probably just dizzy." So, Kris headed into the shower and tried to get his mind off these confusing things.

After, taking a shower, he put on his school uniform and headed down stairs. When he reached the bottom and headed to the kitchen and his mother immediately hugged him.

"Happy Birthday!" She told him, but as she saw what he was wearing she asked, "What are you wearing?"

"Mom, my birthday was a few days ago, i think you're going crazy. Also, I'm obviously going to school, hence the uniform."

His dad, who was sitting on the coach, watching soap operas said, "I think you're going crazy son, it's your eighteenth birthday today, it wasn't a few days ago, so go upstairs and change."

"Yeah, go ahead honey. Besides, I bet Sunny is waiting for you at the cafe." She nudged him to the stairs and he just looked back at her shocked that not only they agreed on something, but they thought it was his birthday.

"I guess, I'll be skipping school." He mumbled, which wasn't a bad thing, but at least he could spend the day at the cafe, because where else would he go? Sunny, yeah right.

-//-

He took the longest time, to get changed and when he came out his parents were fighting once again. So, he sprinted as fast as he could to get sprinted out of the apartment and headed to the cafe.

When, he went inside, barely anyone was there so he went to his favorite spot, "Hey, you want your regular drink?" Tao came up to him and asked.

Kris nodded, "Oh, and a strawberry frappuccino for Sunny?" Tao asked.

Kris sternly looked at Tao, "Why would you ask that? You know what happened between us,"

"I'm sorry, but I don't understand." Tao looked confused and suddenly, Sunny popped up behind him.

"SURPRISE! Happy Birthday!" Sunny had another birthday hat in her hand and put it on Kris, "Now, we can be equally as cute."

"I thought we broke up?" Kris asked, as he pulled lightly on the tight string across his jaw.

Sunny pinched his cheeks making him screech in pain, "Why would you think, we would break up? I know you love me and I love you." Sunny smiled and leaned in for a kiss, but Tao had interrupted them by placing the drinks in front of him.

Tao glared at Sunny, but she winked at him, but Kris didn't care he was awe to think that he and Sunny were back together. Suddenly, he placed a cake in front of him, but Kris was not happy that it wasn't ice cream cake, but the fact it was the same cake as a few days ago.

"Where did you buy this cake, they made it exactly like the one you got me a few days ago for my actual birthday." Kris declared still examining the cake.

Sunny poked him in the forehead, "Are you crazy? Your birthday is today, we're going out with your friends today, for your actual birthday, which is today besides-"

"Sunny and I made the cake. So, go try it." Tao continued after Sunny.

"But I swear." He stopped mid sentence and remembered the photos he took with them.

So, he reached for his phone in his pocket and immediately after opening it he went to the photos. He scrolled all the way to the bottom, but the last picture he took was Sunny when they had a picnic, a week before his birthday. Kris was still in disbelief and flipped through almost all his photos, and he knew he took it, he remembered looking at it last night. Where would it go?

"Come on eat some cake." Sunny cooed as she had a fork in front of his mouth.

Kris looked at Sunny, then Tao, he did that over and over again, "Sorry, I just need to take a breather."

"Are you okay?" Sunny asked, reaching out for Kris' arm, he nodded and ran to the door of the cafe.

When, he got outside, he dropped to his knees, "What the is going on?"