The Truth

Never-Ending Beginning

Merry Kreasemas <3

I hope your miracles of December come true~


Kris was frantically putting his keys into his car. He needed to move fast, because he could feel a cool breeze brush pass his shoulder and an angry mob of people were coming towards him.He cranked up the engine and drove off before another ice ball was directed to his head. He drove very fast, heading towards the café.

The thoughts of his recent experience at the Seoul's Art Institute for the Gifted was stuck in his mind. The firey glare of Chaerin and Seunghyun's group of people going at him, their powers that were directed at him. It frightened him, even though he was just thinking it, and the fact that Sunny was there made it more scary to him, but also confusing.

The fact that Sunny was gifted never crossed his minds. Well, she did always finish his sentence and exactly knew what to get him for presents, but still, he just thought it was because she loved him. As well, he would have never thought Tao and Sunny knew each other more than simple greetings at the café. However, what also struck him was that Sunny was friends with Chaerin and practically dating Seunghyun too.

Before, he could rant any longer, he was in front of the café. There was no sign of Tao from the window so, he decided to enter. No one was there except some other barista.

"Is Tao here?" He asked him.

He shook his head, "A few minutes he left with Sunny. She had something urgent for him, but just stay and have a drink."

"Sorry. I can't, I need to-"

The barista tightly held onto Kris' wrist, "Stay."

"I can't." Kris told him, trying to tug his arm away from his grip.

"But you have to, she told me to."

Kris looked quizzical, "Who?"

The barista was trying to avoid eye contact, "If I tell you, she won't do what I asked for."

"Who is it?" He asked once again and looked at the name tag on his chest, "Who is it, Hoon? WHO?" He held his fist to his face.

Hoon had let go and ran back into the kitchen. He stretched out his wrist, because he did hold it very tightly and in a rush, he left out the door. Quickly, going into his car once again, he wondered why he had to try to get away from freaks all day.

He drove off again. He first went to Tao's apartment. No one was there. He went to Sunny's house. Her parents said she left hours ago to study, which Kris knew would be not true, she was at that gifted school. He went to his own house. There was a movie playing, but the only ones watching were his parents.

Where could they be? Kris asked in his head as he drove down the dark road. He had just gotten back from his own high school and there were only students studying. They hadn't seen Sunny and they didn't even know who was Tao. He was contemplating whether to go back to the gift school, but he didn't want to be stalled by Seunghyun's ice ball trying to hit him or Chaerin's bickering.

His phone buzzed in his pocket so he went to the side and answered. He didn't really pay attention because he was still deciding where to go. Like should he got to Everland? Sunny and Tao were there once. The beach? They both liked swimming. The grocery store? They liked cooking, and were very good at it too. The karaoke room? They both had angelic voices. Though, as he thought about it, they were probably not there, in the most random places, regardless if they had those stuff in common.

"Hyung!" A voice called out on the other line, "Suho and I are going to walk some dogs. My noona came by and dropped them off, you should see how big and fat they became. Well, only one of them. However, if you don't want to do that the other hyungs, Xiumin, Luhan, Chen, and Lay are going to ride bikes in the park. I think they're also going to get something to eat. Want to come? Suho and I are going to meet with them later and maybe see a movie with D.O."

No response from Kris as the gears were turning in his head.

"Hyung? Are you listening? So, are you coming to the park or not?"

The park!

They could be in the park. It was near the café and he had seen them there a few times. Well, not together, but still he could just look there just to make sure.

"Thank-you Kai!" He responded and directly drove there.

-//-

In a few minutes, he was there. There were guys playing basketball on one side and a few couples sitting on benches. The night breeze ran shivers down his back, which just let him be reminded of Seunghyun once more. Although, it also reminded him of that dreadful day of when Sunny broke up with him for technically the second time. Even, though this park gave he many memories, great memories matter of fact. The recent memories, just ruined the park for him now so, he rarely went to it even though he lived so close to it.

He hugged his jacket as he roamed through the park and it was getting cold. He could hear yelling close by, probably from Chen and the others biking. His friends were very dorky and loud. Though, as he got closer to the source, it was not Chen, Xiumin, Lay, and Luhan.

It was Sunny and Tao.

He crept closer, not wanting to make a word as they argues.

"I can't believe you! I thought I was your friend, Tao. Was I ever?"

Tao's fist curled into balls, "I was your friend, you were the one not acting like one."

"You too! I thought you understood what I was going through, because you're my friend," Tao couldn't look into her eyes anymore. "I trusted you as friend. I trusted you to leave the mission. I put so much trust in you."

It's as if he heard this argument before. The two kept arguing, while Kris still thought where he heard of this conversation. Then, it hit him like a ton of bricks. It was the same argument Sunny had with someone over the phone. He remembered specifically that Sunny was in the courtyard and her face was red out of anger. Would that mean Sunny was being furious at Tao before?

"Tao! Answer me! Please," She screamed, tears running down her face, "I've never loved someone as much as I did with Kris."

He felt crushed, looking at Sunny. It brought memories of Sunny crying due to some girl making fun of their relationship. No one thought they would last since they were so different, but they proved the haters wrong. He loved Sunny so much, that he stayed with her until she stopped crying and the smile was back on her face.

Kris breathed in slowly and walked towards her. She didn't notice him, as she was wiping away her tears. However, Tao noticed and he froze on the spot, he looked down at his feet, looking helpless.

He cleared his throat, "Soonkyu. Zitao. I need to know the truth right now."  

"Kris," Sunny looked bewildered that he was here.

"Please. I need to know about everything that happened these few weeks," Kris paused, "And why they happened."

Tao still couldn't make eye contact, "It's none of your business-"

"It should be my business, when two people I love keep bickering and arguing at each other. Plus, I'm involved with this situation, so just tell me!" He felt pissed off that they wouldn't tell him what was going on.

"Kris, I'm sorry, you just can't know." Tao pleaded, "Just go home and leave Sunny and I alone right now."

Kris fist curled into balls, "Seunghyun and Chaerin told me that you two made a plan. They wouldn't tell me, they said I should find out on my own accord."

"Remember we made you a birthday cake." Tao told him.

He yelled, "Stop sugar coating this Tao!"

"I'M SORRY, BUT YOU JUST CAN'T KNOW!" He screamed, looking at Sunny, who was also looking down.

Kris shook his head in disbelief, "I thought you loved me. Don't you trust the people you love?" He asked.

"Not with certain situations." He responded.

Now the tears were falling out of Kris' eyes, "I guess you didn't love me as much as I thought, I guess this means we are-"

"NO!" Sunny yelled finally saying something, "You can't just assume that Kris. Tao loves you, more than I've seen someone love someone. More than I've ever loved you."

"Sunny." Tao looked flustered as to what she was doing.

She bit her lip, "Even though Tao doesn't want to say, I'll tell you the truth."

"You don't have to do this." Tao declared, putting his hand on her shoulder, but she just brushed it off.

She took three deep breaths, "Tao and I, you already know that we go to Seoul's Art Institute for the Gifted. I can see the future and I can read minds. Tao as well can read minds, but also he can control time. Therefore, with our gifts, we caused your weeks to repeat."