Birthday Beginnings

Never-Ending Beginning

"Kris! Happy birthday." His mom told him as he walked into the kitchen.

His mother was at the counter of their kitchen slowly drinking coffee and his dad was on the couch watching some random Korean soap opera. He only did that when his mother and himself fought, which was often.

"Thanks, and I'll be staying out late with Sunny and my friends." Kris stated as he grabbed his bag about to head out,

"Even though it's your birthday, you shouldn't stay out late." His father spoke from the couch not even looking at him.

His mother put her hand on his shoulder, "Don't worry stay out as long as you want, besides I like Sunny." She smiled sweetly and kissed him on his forehead.

Kris then went outside, but then he heard yelling. He wanted to go back in and stop then, but he promised himself that nothing would stop him for having the greatest birthday. So, as fast as he could, he ran away from his apartment, so that he wouldn't hear the yelling anymore,

-//-

"Hey Kris." He heard a familiar voice say as he went inside his favourite cafe, "You want your regular drink?"

"Yeah and a strawberry frappuccino, Sunny is meeting with me." Tao nodded and went to work on his drinks.

Since it was morning, the cafe wasn't full at all. There was only one other person with him in the cafe. So, he headed to his usual spot, which was close to the window where he had a great view of the park. He loved that park, he remember he went there so many times with his parents, well before they started fighting and he even met Sunny there,

"Surprise!" Sunny had suddenly popped up in front of him with a birthday hat on her head, "Happy birthday!" She put the same hat on his head, "Now we can be cute together!"

Kris smirked, Sunny always knew what he was thinking about, "Hey, you're always cuter-"

"Here is your drinks!" Tao came between the two before Kris could kiss Sunny.

Sunny smiled at Tao and he winked at her, but he just ignored them since his Sunny wouldn't cheat on him, especially if it's on his birthday. The two sat there silently, sipping on their drinks, until Tao brought in a two pieces of cake.

"Happy birthday!" The two said in unison.

Kris smiled enough that his eyes were smiling too. I mean, he was a regular customer in the cafe Tao worked at, but he didn't see him do these kind of things to other customers, who came into the cafe often too.

"You're just special." Tao declared and left the two with the cakes on their table.

Kris looked confusingly at Tao, who didn't seem to care that Kris's mind was blown. Had he just read my mind? He thought, he knew Sunny did that a lot of times, but that only because they were together for a long time and they knew everything about each other.

Sunny eye-smiled at him, as he examined more into his thoughts, "Come on eat some cake." She had told him and got a big fork and gave him son, "But remember we're going to have some more fun tonight."

-//-

"Sunny are you sure?" Kris asked as she handed him a bottle of soju.

The two were at a club with the rest of Kris' friends, celebrating his birthday. He knew Sunny wasn't a drinker, actually she detested drinking, so he was surprised she already had a bottleof soju in his hand.

"Positive!" She told him as she gave one to him.

He opened his own bottle, confused how Sunny was acting. However, he swore he could see a dark figure looking at him as he took a drink of his soju