Talking with Tao

Never-Ending Beginning

"What the heck?" Kris had woken up and had noticed the blanket that was over his body, "When did I get this?" He asked himself.

Suddenly, he remembered when he felt something on him last night. He thought he was going to be , I mean who couldn't resist his golden locks, but he had fallen into a deep sleep, so maybe nothing happened. Though, the blanket was not there before he slept, however he didn't care and just made a cape with it and headed to the cafe.

When he got there Tao was there already brewing himself a coffee, "Good morning Kris, I see you like the blanket." Tao had told him, when he had noticed Kris.

Kris stopped in his tracks, jaw hanging loose. While Tao, was making Kris' regular drink, sporting an evil grin. Then, he started singing some random song, but still no words came out of Kris' mouth, but when he could make some sort of sound, they were not real words. Soon, Tao had finished his drink and flipped the open sign to read closed.

Tao then lead Kris to his favourite spot in the cafe, and sat him done. Still, no words came out of his hand, because he was still in shock. He would think that Tao was joking, but as Kris looked at him, he still had the huge grin.

"What?" He asked, finally able to say a real word.

"I was walking around at the park last night and I saw you. So,  I ran to the cafe and got one of my blankets that I use when I sleep at the cafe." Tao had told them, but he was still in shock.

"No one is this nice." He blurted out.

Tao started laughing and Kris covered his mouth, that was suppose to be for his mind only, but it had just slipped out, "Well, I'm not usually like that, but it's you."

He could feel his cheeks burn up, but he obviously wasn't blushing, he thought. Men don't blush, no ifs or buts, and if they did it was a manly blush. 

"You're man blushing." Tao scoffed, and his hands automatically held his cheeks, "Anyway I got to tell you something, something really important."

"What are you getting a divorce?" Kris asked, as the events from yesterday started flowing in his mind.

 As, Kris looked back to Tao, thinking he would look confused of what he said. However, tears ran down his eyes, and his hands were over his mouth, it was like he was shocked and sad. Kris saw that his mouth mumbled a couple of words, then Kris could see tiny tears came out of his eyes.

Tao sniffed then said, "I'm sorry, I just get emotional." He sniffed again, and Kris got up and moved his chair beside his.

Tao sniffed still, with his tears more obvious in his tears. Kris put his arm around Tao's shoulder and brought him closer. Then it was as if a switch was turned and both of them were crying. There were tears running down, his shirt from Tao, but it didn't matter, because it was the first time since his meeting with his parents , that he actually accepted what happened.

"This might be a bad time, but there is something really important I need to tell you."

"Go on say it." He hugged his shoulder tighter, liking the feeling of his hug with Tao.

He rubbed his eyes which were already swollen, "I'll have to close down the cafe."

Kris' eyes were almost out of their sockets. No words could escape him, though he did push Tao off his shoulder to look directly in his eyes. Kris thought Tao would be joking, but the face he gave him, was so serious, that he knew he wasn't playing a joke on him. Then, he could feel the tears roll in again and before he knew it, his head was on Tao's shoulder.

"I'm so sorry, but people keep quitting and there isn't enough money to pay for this place." Tao petter Kris' blond hair, "I know you love this place, I mean you met Sunny here-"

Sunny.

Kris had totally forgotten about Sunny. He rummaged through his pocket to get his phone. Though, when he opened it, there was no call, or text from her. He went on the internet in the cafe, he knew the wifi password by heart, there was no Facebook messages not even a tweet. Kris bit his lip, which he usually did when he was worried.

"What's wrong?" It's as if Tao sensed there was something wrong, even though the only thing that expressed him as being worried, was him biting his lip.

"It's Sunny. I haven't heard from her last night." He texted her, but again there wasn't any immediate text.

"Why don't you sleep at my house tonight, and we'll find Sunny tomorrow?" Tao asked.

Kris thought about it for a while, but by the cafe's large windows he saw some short blonde hair that was like Sunny. So, without saying anything to Tao, he got up and chased the girl.