Addiction

Never-Ending Beginning

“What?” 

 

Kris’ eyes were ice cold as he looked at Sunny. She felt immense pain as they stood there in silence, his glare not leaving her. It was as if she got stabbed by him every second that was passed. 

 

“You heard what I said.” Kris declared, eyes still focused on her, “You’re a selfish and conniving .”

 

Tao tugged on Kris’ shirt once more, “Kris thats not necessary to say-“

 

“Not necessary! Look what she’s done to me, to you-“ He bit his lip, looking at his feet, “To us.” 

 

Tao smiled shyly, “But without her, there wouldn’t be an us. Kris, we need to be thankful to her, not swear at her face when she is already crying rivers.”

 

Sunny now grabbed his shirt, “Kris, please understand. I love you, I’ve always loved you and I won’t every stop!”

 

Kris scoffed, “You need to stop. For you aren’t the one I love anymore. Maybe I didn’t even truly love you, because I felt something real with Tao.” He nudged Sunny off of him, “You were selfish this whole time. You only thought of yourself despite seeing how much better I was with Tao.”

 

“No!” Sunny screamed, “You’re better with me! I can see the future! And I can see that you and Tao will face many hardships. You’ll be hurt, beaten, rejected and so much more because you’re with Tao. You’ll be called your names, your children too-“

 

“We’ll have children?” Kris asked, thinking of the possibility of cradling a little Tao in his arms.

 

“Thats not the point. Homouality is not kindly embraced here, as some other countries have. You’ll be in danger constantly, but with me you’ll be safe. You’ll have nothing to worry. You’ll feel loved by everyone. So, just be with me Kris, and together we’ll live a happy life.” She took a hold of his hand, “I’ve seen our children playing in the park we met, we’ll go camping, see the world with our little family of four. A son and a daughter, of course. She looks so much like you, and she loves you dearly. Do you not want that? Do you not want that to happen?”

 

“I do want that to happen,” Kris looked straight into Sunny eyes, “But not with you. Even though I know in the future, I’ll face many hardships, but if its with Tao, I can deal with it. We can deal with it together.” 

 

Tears were forming in Tao’s eyes, “Together forever?” Tao asked.

 

“Forever.” Kris responded.

 

“But-“

 

Kris sighed, “But nothing, Sunny. I love him, not you, and you need to deal with that. However, I know you’ll find someone who's right for you, I promise.”

 

“I-I’ll never find someone like you Kris. I want you, I need you!” 

 

“Sunny please! Do this for me!” Kris yelled.

 

He couldn’t handle it anymore. He kept telling Sunny that they couldn’t be together, and he couldn't fathom why she did not realize that. Sunny wouldn't let go of him. He was almost like a drug to her, she was addicted to him. Soon, her arms were flailing, her skinny arms hitting his chest.

 

“I hate you Kris Wu! I hate that I love you,” She stopped hitting him, “And I’ll hurt everything you’ll love.”

 

“What?” Kris questioned, not knowing what she was about to say.

 

She took a few steps back from Kris, “What the Principal of Seoul’s Institute of Art didn’t tell you that I just don’t read minds or see the future. I’m more special that.”

 

She was breathing heavily, and Tao and Kris were getting worried. Its as if her eyes were lit, fire burning within them. Tao got a hold of Kris’ hand and eld it tightly. He never saw Sunny this way, and he was scared. 

 

“You know why they call me Sunny?” The lamp posts that surrounded them begin to tun off one by one, “I can harvest the powers of light. I am a descendant from the Archangel Uriel.”

 

Kris look dumbfounded, “I don’t understand.”

 

Sunny smiled, “Uriel’s gift given to him from God is that he is the actual physical embodiment of God’s light.” She laughed to herself, “Legend says that Uriel is prone to accidentally injuring fellow angels with his gift, and even can burn many cities in a blink of an eye. On accident of course, since Archangel’s don’t do any harm on purpose. But I am no angel.”

 

Tao looked at her with wide eyes, “Are you going to hurt us?”

 

Sunny smirked, “Not alone.” 

 

Soon from behind her, two dark figures emerged from the bushes. Tao screamed, and Kris froze at the sight of the two figures. 

 

It was Seunghyun and Chaerin.