Family Day Part One

Never-Ending Beginning

"Kris, what are we doing here?" His father stood at the entrance of the cafe, "Despite it being morning, why isn't anyone here?"

"I asked Tao, one of the workers here to close it for the morning for us." Kris responded heading to his usual spot.

His mother sat down worriedly, "Are you sure he can do this, I mean he is not the owner, this is a big favour to ask Kris. We could have gone here even if people were here."

"It's fine!" Tao yelled from the kitchen, though Mr. Wu sat down hesitantly too, "Just enjoy yourself and I'll be out in a minute." Once again Tao yelled.

In fact a minute had passed and Tao was outside carrying a tray, "How did you know that I like my coffee black?" Mr. Wu asked, but Tao just smiled at him and passed the drinks out to the rest of the Wu family.

Then, he placed a cake in front of them. Kris smirked as he realized the gears in his parent's head were rotating. First, his mother showed how special the cake was, and a few minutes later he knew that his father knew too. Kris was so excited he knew that his parents would somehow remember what their wedding cake looked like. and mentally thanked Tao, who gave him a smile and a nod.

"It taste the same, when you smashed it into my face." Mr. Wu smiled, getting another spoonful of the cake.

"I remember your suit had a small speck of cake on it the whole night, and remember how you mother was so mad when you did it back." She responded, as their memories of their wedding night kept strolling into their heads.

Mr. Wu laughed which surprised Kris, he never really heard him laugh in a long time, "She was so mad that I would get it on the wedding dress that she bought you, I mean it was expensive and it looked beautifully on you." He complimented her, Mrs. Wu smiled slightly and blushed.

Kris smirked, "Do, you still have the dress?"

She nodded, "We keep it with your dad's suit that he wore today, but both of them don't fit us anymore, at least we have pictures to remember it from."

"Why don't we take more then?" Kris asked, excitedly.

"What do you mean?" His father pondered of what his son meant, by taking more.

Kris straightened up, "Why don't we go to one of those wedding photographers and re-take your wedding pictures?"

"I don't think that is necessary." His father declared, obviously showing his dissatisfaction, "Right?" He looked over to her, but she looked like she was still thinking about it.

"It wouldn't be a bad idea, and this is like Kris' day, whatever he says goes." She smiled at Kris, and he knew his mother was happy that they had gone through this.

Mr. Wu sighed, "Fine, but we'll go after we eat this cake." Kris smiled from ear to ear, excited at what to come.

-//-

Kris waited patiently as his parents were inside changing into the clothes they picked out.

"I can't believe you're making your parents do this." Tao had commented, as he too sat waiting.

Last minute, Kris had begged Tao to come, he needed support, Despite it being a new week and Tao would not have any recollection of the first week and their friendship, he was still nice to him. So, hence Tao was there, helping as much as he could.

"The heavens gave me." Kris stopped himself, since last time he babbled on about the heavens, he got heartbroken by the only one he loves and he didn't want to ruin this friendship either, "I want to fix their marriage."

"You know everything happens for a reason, and sometimes you just have to let everything go as it was suppose to be." Tao told him.

Kris lightly punched his arm, "If you had chance to fix things, you would try hardest to fix it. Like if you woke up one day and it was the day before your beloved broke up with, wouldn't you try to make it so that you two stay together?" Kris asked, mentally smacking his head, because the memories of Sunny ran through his head.

"Well, I've never really loved anyone before, and I haven't even been in a relationship."

"What!?" Kris yelled.

"Well, I love my parents, but that would be a different kind of love, that you seem like you're talking about." Kris commented.

Kris nodded, agreeing that he was more talking about love that is shared romantically, "Yeah, but haven't you looked at a girl and thought, wow.."

He saw that Tao was looking out in space for quite some time, thinking about, "Well there is this person, this girl is trying to shove me too, but I don't know if that person will love me back. It's just complicated."

"Life will take its course and if you're meant to be than everything will fit perfectly, if only people could see in the future and truly tell who we will be with forever." Kris laughed at the thought of people with magical powers.

"Y-yeah, if o-only." Tao stuttered, "I think I should go, It's almost noon, the cafe would be getting really busy now, so I need to prepare."

"Well see you around, OH! you guys are done!" His parents came out in beautiful clothing.

The dress fit his mom perfectly, showing off the looks which is father first fell in love with, but her sweet personality could some how been shown. Though, Kris was shocked that despite in a suit, which his dad regularly wore didn't make him look strict, but handsome and charming. He smiled, people would say he looked handsome and he knew now that it was actually from his parents not a gift that was specially given to him.

"You look more beautiful than you did on our wedding day." He told her.

His mother smiled, like how she did when Kris was still a child, "As so do you."

"So are you ready?" The photographer asked, and both nodded and headed to the first settings.

Kris cheerfully followed, and had a slight smirk on his face. His plan was working and he could tell this time, the week would end in his favour.

-//-

"So, since we haven't been that busy, I think we can get your photo album to you, tomorrow morning."

"Great!" Kris said, shaking her head, "I will pick it tomorrow morning, around eight-sh." The girl at the desk nodded and he headed out to where his parents were waiting.

When, he went outside, he noticed that his parents were not there waiting for him, but at one of the food stands. They already had a plate in front of them, and they were laughing and feeding each other. Kris smiled, he thought that it was just like old times. He was still reminiscing on old childhood memories, when his mom waved over to let him come over to him.

When, he came there his father stuffed his mouth with a kimbap, "Isn't it yummy?" Kris nodded, and grabbed another one, "So, where are we going next?" He asked.

"We're going to the Han River." He told them, already checking off the list he made in his head.

"Isn't that too much? Why don't we hang out here?" His mother suggested, his father nodded agreement and the two headed down the road.

Kris bit his lip, this was not going by his plan, but his parents were already down the road, not caring for the Han River, so he decided to just go with the flow. They headed down the road looking at clothes and even buying them and food. Then, they decided to go in one of the game rooms, and played many board games.

Even, though it was not his plan to do this, it was actually very fun. It reminded him of when his parents weren't fighting and they would walk around the city, just doing anything that was possible and appropriate for his age at that time. He even saw the park he used to play with them.

"Kris this will look amazing on you and it will be good for winter." His mother held a sweater to his chest, that  was on a rack outside.

He nodded in agreement, "Maybe we'll find clothes for you two inside." So,with that the Wu family headed into the shop.

Kris looked puzzled as he looked inside, most of the clothes look familiar, "Why would a jerk face like you be in my store." He heard his name and turned around to be face to face with one of Sunny's friend, Yuri.

"Yuri, I'm with my parents right now, so, bye." Kris rushed to his parents, who were still looking at clothes, "Mom, dad. I think we should hurry up, there are so many other stores down here and we should see most of them before we go for dinner."

Mr. Wu wrapped his arm around his shoulder, "Don't worry Kris- Oh Sunny is here, go say hi!" Kris' eyes almost bulged from his sockets when he saw her there talking to Yuri.

"No, I'm okay, just buy whatever you want and let's go." Kris pushed his father to his mother who was heading to the cash register.

Then he heard someone yell, "Kris Wu!"

"Oh ." Was the only thing Kris could say.