Parents

Never-Ending Beginning

Kris woke up with a massive headache, he couldn't remember anything at all from last night. He remembered he went to the cafe with Sunny and she had planned with Tao to give him a cake. However, he couldn't remembering anything after that. Did he go out with his friends like he planned or did something worst happen that made him got this headache?

"Kris come down here!" He didn't move, he held his head in his hand, groaning in pain.

"I MEAN NOW!" His dad voice was booming, enough that his neighbours probably heard.

Kris sighed and pushed himself off his bed. He scratched his head, then slowly opened his door and went to the stairs, where he had a clear view of the living room. Its was only eight in the morning and his dad was in a suit while his mother was in a fancy dress that she only wore on special occasions. Usually, they were happy if they were wearing those clothes, it's as if the clothes were a switch that made them love each other entirely. However they were not which was surprise to Kris.

"Why don't you move more at a glacial pace, you know how that thrills me." Kris laughed inside, maybe the suite made not made him happy, but sassy.

Kris finally came downstairs though before he would join his parents, he looked through the cabinets for some Advil, because the headache was now killing him, more than when he was upstairs. So, he got himself a glass of water and some Advil, then sat down with his parents.

His mother had a stern face, but it seemed like it melted when Kris sat down, "So we're here to talk about something important."

"It has to do-"

Kris interrupted his dad, "Are we going to some dinner tonight?"

"No-"

"Good," Kris declared, "I already told you guys, that I'm hanging out with my friends, since it was my birthday yesterday." He thought that they probably forgot, because they were fighting yesterday.

"We know that-"

"Hey, what are you giving for my birthday anyway? Last year, you gave me tickets to go that amusement park with Sunny, how about now? I'm thinking a car." Kris had interrupted his father once again, and since his parents weren't fighting at the moment, he thought if he could just keep talking they wouldn't start again.

"Well, we planned to give you-"

His mother stopped as soon as his father gave her a serious glare, "Kris you need to stop interrupting me. We are here to talk about something important."

"Like what car I'm getting?" Kris asked, laughing at little bit.

Kris' father still had the stern face, "Something serious, that involves you."

Kris rolled his eyes, "What is it?" If it wasn't about his car it really didn't matter since all he could think about was the car.

Kris listened as they talked about how they loved him. If they did, won't they stop fighting, he thought as he swallowed the Advil with his water.

"Your mother and I are getting  divorce."

"WHAT!?" He had almost choked on his Advil.

His mother looked very crushed at his reaction, "It's for the best. We keep fighting and it's not right for you to be here while we're fighting."

Kris was almost into tears. He knew he was always complaining about them fighting, but they couldn't have a divorce. They just couldn't, they were a family, a family that shows their love in weird way, but a family. All the great memories with his parents started to appear in his head, but soon vanished to make room for all the vivid, horrible memories of them fighting.

"B-b-but, don't you love each other? Don't you care about me?" He asked, with tears cascading down his cheeks.

"We do." His father replied.

"But we care about you more." His mother continued.

Suddenly, rage filled his body, "THEY DON'T DO THIS IF YOU CARE!" He was still standing up, then his father did too and hugged him.

He some what melted in his arms. He remembered all the precious moments he had with his dad, he even remembered the warmth of his arms as he hugged him before. Kris noticed that the warmth never changed, and he liked that. Maybe, if his mom joined in, she would realize those precious moments too, and stay together. However, she sat solid on the couch.

"We have to do this, we don't want to hurt you any longer." This was the first time in a long time that the actually seemed like a dad, "When I go, remember I'm always your dad you can run to for anything. I love you"

Kris sniffed and pushed his dad off him, "If you were my dad, you wouldn't do this." He grabbed on of their family pictures, "If you love me, you wouldn't do this!" He threw the picture on the ground, with glass shattering everywhere.

He headed out the door, he didn't care that his parents were calling him to come back or that he was wearing his pajama and no shoes. He ran as fast as he could, just like he did yesterday, but this was different.

People from his apartment looked at him weirdly, but he didn't care. He needed to get away from this place as fast as possible. He didn't even know where he would go, until he noticed that he was outside the cafe. However, the lights inside and they were locked. He rummaged through his pants' pocket, where he found his phone.

This baffled him since he never put his phone in his pajama pockets, since it was uncomfortable to sleep in. Though, as he tried to remember what happened last night again, he still couldn't remember anything. So with his phone he checked the time, it was 8:15 and the cafe opened at eight. Where was Tao? Kris knew that Tao would always open the cafe at 7:50 like clockwork.

Again, he went to the handle of the clear door. He kept pulling and pushing the handle, but it would not budge. He groaned so loudly, and then started running again. This time he went to the park, where he could hear children laughing at him and he could feel the stares from the older women, jogging and looking at him weirdly.

He ignored them and went to the bench where he had met Sunny, four years ago. Kris took out his phone and started dialing Sunny's number. It rang a couple of times, but then it went to voicemail. It never went to voicemail! Why out of all times, Sunny wasn't picking up his calls. Kris was getting worried ads he phoned again, and it went to voicemail again.

"Sunny! Pick up the phone!" Kris yelled into his cell-phone, "Please, I need you right now."

-//-

The moon had risen, and Kris was still on the bench. He didn't want to go back to his house, his parents were probably worried, but he couldn't make himself go there and get another talk about how they loved him and this was the right choice. He would go to Sunny's house, but she wasn't picking up her phone and he had called her multiple times throughout the day. Even, the cafe was closed, which was very unusual. Tao was always there, or if he was sick which was like never, there were other baristas to fill his spot.

Kris took out his phone again and called Sunny. However, it went to voicemail once again. He wanted to phone her again, but his eye lids were getting very heavy. It didn't matter that he was in the park, where he is very vulnerable, he just lay down on the park bench and closed his eyes. However, he could feel something lay upon him, but he didn't dare open his eyes.