Research

Never-Ending Beginning

Two weeks had passed, Tao and Kris had gone on many dates. For example, Tao had taught Kris how to make some of his favourite drinks at the café, he had also taught Kris some of his wushu skills, they went to watch movies at the cinema, and they also played basketball with each other. They even went to cool places like namsan tower, incheon garden river, and the trick eye museum.

When they were together, it seemed like both of them were walking on air. However, Tao still had not accepted Kris as his boyfriend and Kris had not broke up with Sunny because if Tao finally answered him and it was no, he thought that he would just go back to Sunny. Anyway, in the spand of two weeks, they went to so many dates together that they had ran out of ideas.

"So, what are you're interests?" Kris asked.

Tao furrowed his eyebrows, "Why do you want to know? You know so much about me-"

"It's for ideas for dates, because you still don't think I love you, regardless that I've said it to you countless of time." Kris rambled, he always wanted to bring up that Tao didn't accept him yet, so that he would see that he truly did love him.

Tao stuck out his tongue, "I don't know I like a lot of things and I kind of like that I am sort of a mysterious type of person."

"Well I don't." He said shoving him playfully.

Again Tao stuck his tongue out, "You'll figure something out."

-//-

"I seriously don't know what to do!" Kris screamed as he Lay, Chen and Xiumin sat in the library.

"Just ask her again." Xiumin told him.

Kris had asked the three on advice for dates. Of course he wouldn't say it was for Tao, instead he used Sunny, it did help that before Tao he had dated her for four years, so not finding out what to do in dates was understood.

Chen came close to Kris' ear, "Just try a different position when you're doing it."

Kris glared at Chen, which only made him laugh, "I don't get it." Xiumin with eyes that looked so innocent said.

Lay and Chen sneered at him, making Kris glare at the both of them now, "Keep your mouths shut, down tell our innocent baozi about those things.

"Well, even maknae, Sehun, knows does things, so we should just tell him-"

"Besides, he'll get a girlfriend soon and realize what we're talking about." Lay continued after Chen as if they rehearsed.

Xiumin, who had the cutest cheeks from the group, puffed up his cheeks and did aegyo to Kris, "Please tell me!" He whined, but Kris just looked away still paying attention to his own topic, "Fine, don't tell me."

"Why don't you ask her friends." Lay suggested.

Kris bit his lip, "I don't really talk to her friends." He didn't even know if he had friends, he only knew that Kai and Suho was friends with him and maybe Sunny and his co-workers but that was it.

"Or go to her co-workers." Chen said, but Kris didn't know the other people who worked at the café as well as he knew Tao so it would be too awkward.

"I know what to do!" Xiumin shot up from his seat, "Just google her."

The four of them all headed to one of the computers and went straight to google, "I don't know about this. It's kinda of like stalking." Kris retorted.

However, the three of them brushed him off, "Xiumin! Don't write Lee Soonkyu, her real name, write Lee Sunny." Chen told him and so he re-did it.

"See!" Lay declared, "You have so much information about her."

Xiumin clicked the link that went to her instagram, "Like on her instagram she took a picture of cotton candy. You can go to a carnival so, that she can get some." Chen pointed at the screen.

He went back to the search result and went to the link of her twitter, "Here,  she says she like H&M clothes, take her shopping." Lay was the one who pointed on the screen this time.

Again, they went back and this time Xiumin clicked the link to her facebook, "She liked the page for music, you can take her to some concert." Xiumin added.

"See, just research her and you can get almost all the questions you're looking for." Chen told him proudly.

"I guess so." Kris was still a little timid by this, but he decided to just research Tao, I mean if it was easy to research Sunny and find so many facts about her, it wouldn't be hard for Kris to research Tao.

-//-

Kris was on the fifth page' in Google. Every link was for a different Huang Zitao and if it was research for a project he wouldn't even go pass the first page, but since it was for Tao, he had to do it. It had seemed like Tao didn't go on any social media, no twiiter, no facebook, no instagram, not even a weibo. Kris sighed every time he clicked a link and it was for some other Zitao.

After he clicked on the next page and surfed through all the pages once again, he took out his phone. He text Chen, then once again clicked for the next page.

Kris: I'm already on the seventh page and there is nothing!

Chen: What do you mean nothing!? When, Xiumin, Lay and I were there, there were so many links.

Kris: not enough

He lied with sweat dripping down his forehead because he forgot he told his friends he was searching for Tao not Sunny.

Chen: wow someone is being needy

Kris: Shut up

Chen: Fine then I won't tell you my idea

Kris: I'm sorry... now tell me!

Chen: tsktsk doesn't sound like an apologize

Kris: fine then troll king. i truly sorry of what i said, may you please honour me with your forgiveness?

Chen: that's more like it. now i saw just go up to the tenth page and if there is nothing, i say give up and just ask her straight on.

Kris: thats it?

Chen: Yes, and will you refrain from texting me, due to your constant texting i am loosing at mario cart, so byyyee

He put away his phone away and scrolled down the eighth page of google, looking at each page. He had more hope, but none the less no Tao. He then went onto the next page and in the first link there was a picture that looked like Tao.

He squinted and when he did, it looked more like Tao. It was as if the boy in the picture was a younger version of Tao. The young boy in the picture had the same tall figure Tao had and even the dark, cat-like eyes were the same. It seriously looked like Tao, minus the bright red hair.

So, out of curiosity Kris decided to look at the post on the website. The title of the post was, There Was Magic Next Door. It was about a guy who lived in the same neighborhood as the girl who wrote this article. She wrote about how this little boy was a very magical person, that he could do many tricks with his mind, like whatever she was thinking about, he knew what it was about.

This interested Kris who had completely forgotten about Tao at this moment (which would be a first) He thought the post was very fun and he couldn't imagine that there were actually people who had powers. Though, the last few sentences shocked Kris.

I miss him, the magic boy who lived next door. I remember one day he just disappeared and I never got to see him, but people from the neighborhood say that he left for South Korea and goes to a special school called Seoul's Art Institute for the Gifted. Wherever he is, I miss you Huang Zitao.

There was an added photo at the end, that Kris could tell it was Tao, There was no red hair this time and the necklace that Tao wore in the picture was the exact one that Kris had always seen him wear when he worked at the café, Kris was shaking was this supposed magical person really Tao? They had the same name and the same look, so it had to be him, right?