Saving

Never-Ending Beginning

Kris woke up, again with a massive headache. He knew this was the second day, of the week he had repeated. Though, unlike the other days he didn't care about his parents or Sunny at that moment. Instead he head to the shower, and once he was gone, he got his school back pack and started packing his necessities. For example, he packed his uniform, and other clothes, but he also packed his toothbrush and his moisturizers, its not like he was born with perfect skin.

Then, he headed downstairs, where his parents were sitting on the couch, like before, "Kris we need to talk." His father said.

Although, he ignored him and headed out the door. His parents called out for him, but he didn't look back because he knew if he did, he would be heart broken, which he swore not to ever let this happen to him again. So, he ignored them, tightly holding the straps of his backup and trying to forget the memories of previous weeks he headed to the cafe.

"Good morning Tao!" He shouted as he entered, "I need a favour from you!"

Tao came from the back, scratching his eyes, "Isn't early for requests."

It seemed like Kris' mood lightened up when he saw Tao, "Why so glum chum, and did you sleep here?"

"Yeah, I was just upset about stuff." He replied, ruffling his messy bed head.

"Tell me." Tao shook his head, "Come one, we're friends." Kris told him and he could see a slight smile form on his lips.

"Friends? We barely talk to each other, and you ask me for a favour and ask me why I'm upset." Tao stated, going to the door and flipping the open sign to close, "But since you have been to this cafe the most, I guess I have to tell you. The cafe is going to close down."

Kris eyes widen, he was focus on Sunny and his parents that he totally forgot about the cafe going to close down. He felt so stupid and horrible to forget that the place where he hung out the most, had the most fun, and even met the love of his life here was going to close down. Kris looked at Tao, who was already in tears.

"I''m sorry, I know you love this place, you met Sunny here and we had so much fun, but people are quitting and there isn't enough money for this place. The people who come here has always decreased, and I wonder why, you stuck around this long." Tao sniffled and Kris leant his shoulder for him to cry on, "And I'm sorry for ruing your shirt for my tears."

Kris laughed, "It's fine, but there's hope."

"What do you mean?" Tao straightened up, wiping his tears and looking directly at Kris.

"You have me." Kris told him, "We're doing everything we can possibly can to save this cafe!" He cheered.

Kris felt happy about his idea. He should have done this in the beginning when Tao had told him that the cafe was closing down, so he wouldn't have gone through those horrible experiences before. Though, this was his chance to make everything better, well at least for Tao, he thought maybe he could meet another girl at the cafe. There are plenty more fish in the sea.

"But only one Sunny." Tao stated, which surprised Kris, "I mean, her hair is so unique and fashion sense." Tao had pointed outside and there standing only a few meters away from him was Sunny.

Kris, stop being a love sick fool, you know it won't work with Sunny. Help Tao. Kris reminded himself.

"Maybe she'll help us!" Tao told him, ready to go outside, but Kris grabbed his arm.

"Don't." Kris declared and Tao stopped immediately, "Now, we need ideas to save this cafe."

-//-

"Are you sure Kris?" He nodded and gave him a stack of flyers, "If we hand them out, word about the cafe will spread quickly!"

Tao rolled his eyes, "But why do we have to wear these suits!? We look tacky."

"It's to attract females, plus the items we added to the cafe match the outfits and are female friendly so they will instantly love them." Kris responded, already handing out flyers.

"I don't think a jello in a cup that is designed in a rainbow or a watermelon shaped in a flower would attract female customers-"

"Rainbow jello!? That seems like it would taste delicious, can I have a flyer?" Tao his widen as he gave the girl a flyer, who also insisted for more to give to her friends, just because of rainbow jello.

He looked at Kris, who was smirking, "Told you it would work." Then, he went back to the group of girls who had formed around him, giving them flyer after flyer.

Tao had noticed the Kris would smile at each girl, unconsciously, since he had gotten the exact smile before, by just adding a bit of cocoa powder to his drink. He smiled as the group was getting worried and you could see sweat dropping from his forehead, then all of a sudden Kris looked at Tao. He gave him a keep working stare. Tao chuckled inside and thought, so this is your charm, Kris Wu.

-//-

When noon rolled on by, the cafe was full! People came in, flyers in their hands, and excited to try the food and drinks. Some old customers had came back, probably hearing from friends and family who had gotten a flyer.

"Two rainbow jellos to table six." Tao had given the tray with the jellos to Kris.

Kris was working as a waiter, since other than Tao there was only one other person who was working today. So, he was a temporary waiter for today. He kinda of enjoyed the experience, as he was able to interact with people, people who enjoyed the same thing as he did. The food and drinks at the cafe.

"There are you go, I hope you enjoy and come again!" He placed the receipt and their food to the girls, who were squealing like idiots,

He seriously never heard anyone squeal so much and in a way that it sounded ugly. Well, Sunny would use a high-pitched voice when she was using her aegyo, but her voice sounded cute and harmonic, the girls who ordered sounded weird, and it wasn't appealing at all. So, quickly he left before they could ask anything, especially anything to do with his relationship status.

"Seems like those girls like you." Tao scoffed as Kris came back to bring another plate of food to a customer.

He rolled his eyes, "Shut up and keep working."

-//-

"Woah! We made so much today!" Tao cried, hugging Kris, "You're the best and I even had fun! So, I guess you can have a favour."

Kris looked at him in confusion, "What do you mean?"

"You asked for a favour this morning," Tao rolled his eyes, "Is your memory that bad?"

Kris punched Tao's arm, "I helped you today and you treat me like this? You're such a good friend."

"Oh come on, I was just joking." Tao stated, punching him back, "So, what is the favour?"

"Can I stay with you tonight?" He asked.

Tao smiled and nodded, "Of course! For all that you've done for me, plus letting me have an awesome day, that would be nothing! so, let's go!" Tao grabbed Kris' hand and headed outside.

He grabbed his keys and unlocked the door of his car, which was park right in front, "Go ahead, I have to lock up." Kris nodded, holding his back pack tightly, wondering what would happen tonight.

When, they got to his apartment, Kris noticed that he wasn't very tidy. There were clothes every where and there were many un-washed dishes in the sink. To think that he ran a cafe, which was always clean and tidy, Kris looked at Tao who gave him an apologetic smile.

"If you would have said sooner, I would have cleaned." He responded passing him a blanket that seemed clean, "You'll be sleeping in my room and I'll be here in the couch."

"Don't worry, this is your apartment, I'll sleep on the couch." Kris smiled weakly, flicking a pair of socks off the sofa.

Tao laughed, "You're the guest I insist."

"But I decline your offer, so I'll be fine here."

Tao crossed his arms, "Stop being humble, I will sleep out here."

"You've given me a place to sleep, this is a lot, so sleep in your room."

"You've helped me with the cafe and you didn't even have to, so you're going to sleep in the comfy bed." He grabbed Kris' hand and started dragging him into the room.

Kris tried to resist, but Tao seemed to be stronger, "Tao, it's okay, I'll sleep on the sofa, it would be kinda of comfortable there." When, he tried to get out of the bedroom, Tao had pushed him on the bed, "Come on Tao, it'll be cold, just sleep here!"

"Kris, stop! I offer you my bed, so just sleep in the living room and I'll barely get cold so, let's stop this argument and you sleep here."

Tao was about to leave, but Kris had gotten off the bed and got a hold of his arm, "I feel bad, if you sleep on the coach so, let's just sleep together."

"What?"

Kris couldn't believe himself. He had just asked another man to sleep in the same bed as him. Kris felt very embarrassed, but he seriously felt bad that he was crashing the night, so suddenly, making Tao sleep on the couch, which Kris thought looked dirty and un-comfortable. However, after feeling embarrassed for a few minutes, he realized he had to get the dirty thoughts out of his head. It wasn't like they were going to do anything, it was just two friends sharing a bed, nothing wrong about it.

"I mean, let's just share the bed! What's so wrong about it, we're friends and I don't toss around when I'm asleep, I just sleep talk." Kris told him.

Tao took that in and replied, "I guess so, I don't know my sleeping habits though, so beware." Kris nodded and both of them headed to the bed, both right at the edge of the bed.

"So, today was fun." Kris declared, trying to make things less awkward, but he bet he made it worst.

"Yeah, but it was also tiring, at least I got other employees working tomorrow so I get a little rest." Tao sighed cheerfully, thinking of his day off.

There was a light bulb that went off in his head, "If you're off, then let's hang out, we've never did that outside of the cafe, and we have gotten close."

Tao nodded, "That would be cool. Ever since I came to Korea, I have always wished to go to Everland."

"Then your wish will be granted!" Tao raised his hands in excitement, "Though, we should get some sleep since you do have dark circles and so that we could go there early."

"Okay." Tao turned over to his side so that his back was facing Kris, "And I was born with these dark circles, it's not my fault."

Kris chuckled, "Well, they do look good on you."

"G-goodnight." Tao stuttered, ignoring Kris' comment.