Light

Never-Ending Beginning

I'll be releasing a epilogue tomorrow or in the next couple of days! Thanks you to all of you who made it this far, and going along with me in this jounrey~ I LOVE YOU :) 

 


 

Smirks plastered onto their face, they walked towards Sunny’s side, standing stronger but with a hint of arrogance.

 

“We meet again Kris.” Chaerin hissed through her teeth, “And he’s here with pathetic little Tao. Are you going to freeze time and runaway?” 

 

Tao placed a firm grasp on Kris, but it made Seunghyun laugh, “Go ahead runaway. We’ll always be able to find you,” His sly grin turned serious in a matter of seconds, “Its now or never.”

 

Tao held onto Kris with his dear life, as Kris stood there dumbfounded. He had known what Seunghyun could do, but Chaerin’s powers were still unknown to him. However, the look Tao was giving Chaerin, he didn’t want to see what she was capable of. He looked over to her and her eyes changed from a dark brown to a fiery amber. Kris was enticed by her eyes that he didn’t notice the fire between her hands. 

 

In the knick of time, Tao pushed Kris over, making both of them topple to the floor. However, Chaerin would not stop. They would barely get out away from one of her attacks, before she would try to strike them again. By the tenth strike, they were already out of breath.

 

“Please stop!” Tao cried on the ground. His words could barely escape him, nor could he move. His dodging skills were superb, but the relentlessness of Chaerin, made him extremely exhausted, especially since he tried to help Kris too. He couldn’t let him go, and thus he had more weight to carry, for Kris was too slow for Chaerin on his own.

 

“Chaerin, you should stop.” The sly grin was back on Seunghyun’s face, “And let me have a turn.” 

 

Chaerin stepped back to go beside Sunny, he was just standing there. She had made a big deal about her powers, but she was waiting for her time. She wanted to be the big finale, she wanted to be the one that ended it all.

 

Kris could feel a sudden coldness at his feet. He jumped up as quickly as he could, with Tao in hand. He took him behind a tree, not knowing how to handle the situation. It was quite for a few seconds, until the tree became an icy white.

 

Kris could hear Seunghyun laugh, “A tree? Thats the best you can do?” And with one swift motion a frozen bench flew past their heads, splitting the tree in half, “Stop hiding and face me like a man!”

 

For the first time Tao let go of Kris’s hand, “Fine.” He grumbled underneath his breath.

 

“You can’t.” Kris reached for his hand again, but he shrugged it off.

 

“I have to do this.” Tao replied, walking towards Seunghyun.

 

“Kris listen to your boyfriend. Beside it’s essentially all Tao’s fault. He’s the one who had to come in Sunny’s and your life, and ruin everything. He’s the one to blame for making my Sunny cry, making her feel hurt, making her want to-“ He stopped himself, and in a soft whisper he said, “She wanted to die, so you have to!” Ice blast released from his hands.

 

Even though no words escaped him, his mind was yelling. He jumped in front of Tao, eyes squeezed shut, not wanting to see it coming. However, he felt nothing, and when he opened his eyes only shards of ice remained on the floor with Chaerin, Seunghyun, and Sunny looking at him with horror and disgust.

 

Seunghyun closed his fist tightly, “This is between me and Tao.” He punched in Kris’ direction, and flew to the nearby light post, ice encasing his hands and legs onto the pole.

 

Seunghyun then focused his attention back on Tao, but Tao we dodge every hit. It’s as if he disappeared into thin air and appear only a few meters from his original spot. Kris thought it must have to do with his time travelling abilities. He thought it was cool seeing Tao fight, he was entranced by it, more then he was entranced by Chaerin’s eyes, but again he got so distracted that he didn’t notice Sunny. She walked towards him, and he only noticed when she was there right in front of him.

 

“Kris.” Sunny said with no emotion in her voice.

 

“Sunny.” He responded, “Why are you doing this?”

 

“I love you Kris-“

 

“If you loved me, you wouldn’t be hurting me and the one I love. Can’t you understand?”

 

Sunny looked way, flushed, “You did this to yourself. You didn’t choose me.”

 

“But it doesn't have to end with both of us dead. How can that resolve anything? Plus, Sunny, I-“ He looked straight into her eyes, “I love you, I’ll always love you. You’re the first girl, person rather that I fell in love with. What we had was special, but you need to understand that what I have with Tao is more than that.”

 

 She couldn’t face him at all, “But you hurt me.”

 

“Can’t you see what you're doing to Tao hurts me?” Kris cried out, “Sunny, please. I know you're better than this.”

 

“You don’t know me,” She scoffed, beginning to walk away.

 

Kris still made eye contact with her despite her back facing him, “I do, and my Sunny would never do this. She wouldn’t let her friends kill her other friends. Please, just see it from my perspective.”

 

Sunny didn’t want to hear it anymore and begin to walk away. She was doing the right thing. They hurt her, so she must hurt them. That’s what she was told all her life. She had to stand up to those who were going to hurt her, but as took a quick glimpse at Kris again, she felt an immense pain in her chest. Then she saw Tao, who looked as tired as ever, and the pain worsened. Was she really okay treating people who loved her like this? All because oft boys who were in love? Especially two boys who met because of her? She took a deep breath in, she didn’t want to think of it. She didn’t want her plans to be swayed, just because Kris said he loved her.

 

“AGHHH!” A scream came from Tao, and Sunny and Kris was now looking at him. 

 

Tao held his foot in pain. Kris could see that his pants were scorched at the bottom, meaning that Chaerin had finally had one of her attacks hit. Seunghyun and Chaerin stood around Tao, who was still in pain.

 

“Once we are done with you, your boyfriend is next.” Chagrin declared, an evil grin still across her face.

 

Tao try to crawl away at this point but Seunghyun froze his feet to the ground. He wouldn’t be able to escape any longer. Chaerin took a few steps back, as a large ball of fire formed in her hands. Tao eyes widened, before making eye contact with Kris. Tears were beginning to build up, as Tao looked at Kris for what seemed like the last time. 

 

“Goodbye.” Chaerin said, winding up with her ball of fire.

 

Kris tried to smash the ice, but it wouldn’t break. He was so determined, but nothing could get him out of Seunghyun’s ice hold. He looked back at Tao, mouthing his last ‘i love you’. Tao mouthed it back, and Kris immediately shut his eyes not wanting to see Chaerin kill him. 

 

However, from above he heard an ear piercing screech. He opened his eyes, to see that Sunny was in the air, glowing. A bright light came out of her eyes, knocking Chaerin over, making her ball of fire disappear into just smoke. 

 

“Sunny! What are you doing!?” Chaerin cried out.

 

Sunny ignored her, and the beam of light that escaped her shot at Kris. However, instead of hurting him, Sunny had released him from the ice. Once he got out, as fast as he could he ran towards Tao, who was still on the ground.

 

Seunghyun look dumbfound, “I thought you wanted this.”

 

Still in the air, she curled into a little ball. The four people on the ground looked up in awe, seeing her up there. However, all four of them were suddenly blinded by a bright light. Kris tried to grab onto Tao, but he could feel no one, but soon his vision was becoming more clear, but there was only light around him, and some one hidden by wings.

 

The wings opened up to reveal Sunny. She stood still, with bright light surrounding her. Even though she just stood there she looked so elegant and graceful. She too opened her eyes, and their eyes met.

 

“Sunny?” Kris whispered, a bit distraught.

 

“Kris.” She replied in melodic voice, “I’m really sorry about this, all of this.” 

 

Kris smiled, “But you did the right thing at the end.”

 

“Thank you for being so kind to me, thank you for everything.” She replied, her wings enclosing around her.

 

Kris reached out for her, “Wait!” He yelled, but she already disappeared in a bright light. 

 

Kris looked around him and the light surrounding him started to disappear, like magic. He saw that he was still in the park and that the sun was rising. It was still night when the fight happened. Kris wondered how long was he in the light state with Sunny, before he opened his eyes. He turned around to see Tao looking at his leg in disbelief. There was no ice nor burn mark from Chaerin’s attack. Tao made eye contact with Kris, and ran to him, embracing once they got into each other’s arms.

 

“You’re not hurt?” Kris asked, eyes on his leg.

 

Tao shook his head, “Are you?” 

 

Kris shooked his head too, rubbing his hands which still felt soft despite it being hit by ice, “Where’s Seunghyun? Chaerin?”

 

“I don’t know. After that bright light, I awoke to nothing but healed limbs and you. How about you? Did you see Sunny?”

 

Kris sighed, “I think I did, but it felt like a dream, so I’m not sure.”

 

“What if all of this was a dream.”

 

Kris laughed a little, “More like a nightmare, but I’m glad you're not hurt.”

 

Tao smiled, “Me too. But I guess with them gone, we won’t be hurt.”

 

“But we aren’t for sure if they're actually gone.” Kris said, looking back.

 

Tao took a hold of Kris’ hands, “But what’s important right now, is that we have each other.” He kissed Kris’ forehead, “Live in this moment, because we know how bad it is, if we don’t” 

 

Kris smiled, “I love you so much.”

 

“I love you too.” Tao replied, as they embraced, living in the moment.