Red lights

Four Leaf clover

Jiyeon's POV

"Seungho, please! One date!" I begged, putting on my pouty face.

"No, if you want to go out as friends, fine but it's not a date then." Seungho replied. 

He had been giving me that same answer for over an hour. 

"I hate you." I said glaring at him. 

"Good, then there won't be any need for us to go on a date then." Seungho replied shortly.

I huffed and grumbled about how unfair he was being. 

I had thought hard about this last night. Maybe I had to do something to change his mind. 

Seungho's POV

I watched Jiyeon storm off. Even though she was angry now I knew she would forget about it in a few hours. She wasn't the type to hold grudges.

But something felt strange. Jiyeon hadn't looked normal when she had walked off. A crazed glint had been in her eyes. 

She wouldn't do something irrational, would she? Just because I turned down a date?

Even so I knew I wouldn't feel at peace with myself unless I made sure she was alright so I ran after her. Strangely she was heading out of the building. 

Practice wasn't over yet though.

Jiyeon started heading for the road. It was red lights. 

I called after her but she didn't turn around. 

Was she crazy? Was she deliberately trying to get run over?

Jiyeon started crossing the road. A van was speeding down the road, it didn't look like it would be able to stop even if the driver pressed the brakes right now. 

I ran after Jiyeon. 

I pushed her away just in time. I grabbed her wrist and pulled her across the road. 

Jiyeon's POV

I heard the truck coming down the road when I was already halfway across it. 

I turned and stared at the flashing lights coming straight towards me. My brain screamed at me to run but my legs weren't listening to them. I hated it when they fought like that. 

Suddenly I felt some strong hands push me forward and before I fell they grabbed my wrist dragging me across the road. 

The van honked at us angrily and I looked up to see Seungho look at me furiously. 

"Are you flipping mad?!?!" he screamed. 

What was he talking about? Why was he so mad, was it my fault that I nearly got run over?

"Why are you trying to get yourself run over for?" he yelled at me frustratedly. 

What? Run over? 

Yes, I had thought about it but had never thought I would have the guts to actually do it. Even for you Seungho.

"I wasn't trying to!" I yelled back. 

"What?" Seungho whispered.

I matched my voice to his volume and whispered back. "I said I wasn't trying to get myself run over."

What did he think, I was. Suicidal? 

Maybe I had felt jealous of Shinhye for all the attention she was getting but I didn't really want to risk my life, whatever the reason. I had just felt upset when I had left Seungho that I hadn't been paying attention to my surroundings.

"Then why did you leave the company?" Seungho asked looking confused. 

"I wanted to prepare a picnic for us but I guess I wouldn't have even got to the shops if it wasn't for you! Your my hero Yoo Seungho!" I said pecking Seungho on the cheek. 

Seungho's face flushed red. 

"I- I thought you were. Nevermind! Just don't frighten me like that again." Seungho shouted but I knew that he was just embarassed.

"If I agree then will you go out on a date with me?" I asked him. 

"No." Seungho replied.

"Fine then, maybe I will just..." I said stepping towards the road. 

It was just a joke but Seungho pulled me back roughly looking frightened. 

"Fine! I will! Just don't do that ever again." Seungho said looking flustered. 

"Yay!" I shouted, laughing. 

Thanks to his misunderstanding I had a date with Seungho.