Mum?

Four Leaf clover

IU's POV

I had to go back to the hospital for a check up and to return my crutches. Jiyeon had promised to come with me but she had disappeared somewhere and since I couldn't find her I asked Yoona unni to come with me instead. 

Yoona brought Shinhye along and we walked to the hospital as it wasn't far.

After the check up the doctor told me that my ankle was healing faster than he had expected and that I would be able to practice again in a week. I thanked him and Yoona, Shinhye and I left the room. On our way down I spotted an open room with a man peering down at  a woman on a bed inside. I recognised the man - it was the president. 

"Isn't that the president? What's he doing in hospital?" I asked the others.

Shinhye's POV

"Isn't that the president? What's he doing in hospita?" I heard IU say. I looked back at the room that she was talking about and indeed spotted my grandfather looking at a woman in her thirties who was lying in bed.

What's my grandfather doing here and who is that woman? I asked myself.

A nurse saw us staring and closed the door.

We walked closer to see through the window on the door. Beneath the window there was a room number and underneath that there was a name.

Han So young.

That name was familiar to me but it was the name of a person that I had never emt before.

Han So young - my mother, was alive?

The president's POV

I looked down at my poor daughter.  

My poor, sweet daughter. 

"So youngah." I said but she didn't react. I stared at my daughter who had been in a coma for 14 years. I remembered what had happened.

"FLASHBACK"

"Umma, Umma play with me!" 3 year old Shinhye cried pulling on her mother's sleeve.

"Wait, Shinhye, umma is busy. Go to grandpa." So young said.

I had tried to pull Shinhye away and give her a hug but she pulled away and tagged after her mother who was carrying trays of food up to her husband who had been sick at the time.

"Umma, play with me!" Shinhye said pouting. I tried calling shinhye to me but she wouldn't listen. 

Shinhye pulled on her mother's sleeve again. 

"Oh, I forgot the water," So young said heading back down the stairs witht the trays. "Umma!" Shinhye said grabbing onto my daughter's leg.

What happened after that was almost like it was in slow motion. 

My daughter fell headfirst down the stair with Shinhye tumbing down after her. 

Hearing the thuds Shinhye's dad came out of his room and looked at me just standing there stunned. He saw Shinhye and So young laying unconscious at the bottom of the stairs.

"END OF FLASHBACK"

After the accident So young had been put in a coma and Shinhye was diagnosed with memory loss. she couldn't remember anything about and before the accident. I had sent Shinhye and Shinhye's dad away and had told Shinhye's dad that So young had died. I hadn't seen them since. 

But now that Shinhye had come back to me the memory of the accident wouldn't stop playing over in my mind. 

I tried to reason with myself that Shinhye had been young then, that she hadn't meant to put my precious daughter in a coma. That had been one of the reasons I had chosen to take shinhye in but I couldn't get rid of the resentment I felt towards Shinhye for taking my daughter away from me. 

I my daughter's face, "So youngah, Please wake up."