It hurts

Four Leaf clover

Lee Hongki's POV

I couldn't stop thinking about that girl, Shinhye. 

Yonghwa seemed to know her pretty well but when I asked him about her he would just look away with a smile. 

We were sitting in the President's office. He was lecturing us about the importance of us promoting our group A.N JELL after our debut. We were supposed to have been debuting with Cupid but because of the new member, Shinhye.... my thoughts had drifted back to her again. 

I was wondering when I would see her again when almost as if answering my question Shinhye burst in through the door. 

"Gra- I mean Mr. President, I need to talk to you," Shinhye said gasping in between her words. It looked like she had run all the way here. 

She noticed us in the room and smiled in my direction. I smiled back but out of the corner of my eye I saw Yonghwa smile back  and realised that Shinhye hadn't been smiling at me. 

There was a small aching feeling in my chest as I saw Yonghwa and Shinhye exchange glances. 

Shinhye's POV

When I noticed Yonghwa I smiled without even realising. He smiled back and it was like I had drunk a hot cup of hot choclate on a cold day. His smile warmed me up from the inside out. Seeing Yonghwa had nearly made me forget the reason that I had come here in the first place. 

"Mr. President I need to talk to you," I repeated.

"Wait outside, do you not know that it's rude to enter while someone is busy especially without knocking?" the president said frowning.

I nodded and waited outside. I had to wait about ten more minutes before I was told to enter. As Yonghwa exited his hand brushed past mine and I blushed, hurrying into the room before he could see. 

I sat down in a chair in front of the presidents desk after greeting him politely with a bow. 

"Now, what is it that you wanted to say?" he asked, looking throuhg his papers. I sighed, he never seemed to look at me properly when we met.

"I... I don't like how you pushed back Cupid's debut just because of me joining." I said.

"That's not something you can decide," he said with a sigh.

"But it's not fair on the other members." I said.

"The entertainment industry is not fair, and anyway you don't have the skills yet to debut." he said.

"I will work harder then, just please let us debut when we were supposed to." I begged. I knew that all the members were being cold to me because of me pushing back their debut. I could understand how they felt.

"No, especially not now that Jieun's broken her ankle." he said.

I stared it shock. IU had broken her ankle? I had thought that it had only been a small sprain. 

"Now if you don't have anything else to say I will please ask that you leave my office, I am a busy man you knwo," the president said to me. 

"Please, can't you do this one thing for me... granddad?" I asked.

The president looked up in anger.

"I told you not to call me that here. I am not your grandad, you will only refer to me as president." he said raising his voice.

It kind of hurt when he said that. I had never had a proper family and was used to being let down but it still hurt.

"So please just let Cupid debut when they were supposed to, and i will never call you grandad again." I pleaded. 

The president just grunted and looked back down at his papers. 

"I will check up on your progress with your trainers and if and only if you are ready in two weeks, I will consider your debut next month." he said. 

I stood up and was about to give him a hug but held back. I bowed and thanked him. 

I would have to start working my off from now on.