Acting out the past

Four Leaf clover

Jiyeon's POV

The doctor told us to act out things that had already happened in the past. So we did. I put my ice cream on her faded bruise but she just pushed me away and looked at me weirdly like I was some kind of freak. 

We also tried showing her our debut stage but she just blinked then asked who the people on stage were. 

After a few hours of racking our brains fro ideas I decided to give up. 

"I'm tired, give me food." I said to Yoona unni but she shook her head. 

"No time for eating. We need to get her memory back." she replied. She was acting like Sherlock Holmes, not stopping until she solved the mystery of the lost memory. 

I sighed. "Why don't you get Hongki to kiss her then?" I suggested.

Hongki's eyes lit up and Yonghwa oppa glared at me. 

"Okay!" Hongki cried running over to the bed. 

"No. I'm not kissing you." Shinhye said stubbornly. "The only person I'm going to kiss is my boyfriend." 

"But I am your boyfriend." Hongki said pouting. "And you wasn't like this when you kissed me a few days ago."

"You kissed her actually!" Yonghwa said bitterly.

Hongki was about to protest but then realised it was the truth so closed his mouth again. 

Shinhye was lucky, I thought. 

She had three boys confessing their love to her when Seungho wouldn't accept mine. 

Maybe an accident was the key. It might make Seungho realise how much I loved him. 

I was willing to do it as well, if it meant Seungho would love me back.

Yonghwa's POV

I stayed with Shinhye long after everyone else had gone. 

Shinhye was asleep now. Nothing had worked. Maybe nothing had been important enough. 

I held Shinhye's hand while she was sleeping. I knew she would freak out if she woke up and found me here alone holding her hand, she would shout at me and tell me that I wasn't her boyfriend.

It hurt me everytime. 

Even though I knew this was my punishment for throwing Shinhye away I couldn't help wishing that she would remember even if only for a moment how much she had loved me... and how much I had loved her. 

"Shinhye, I love you." I whispered in her ear. 

Shinhye's eyelashes fluttered but she didn't wake.

I sighed. Visiting time was nearly over, I would have to leave. I tucked Shinhye's hand that I had been clutching under the blanket and stood up turning for the door.

"I love you too." I heard Shinhye say from behind me. 

I spun around, eyes wide but Shinhye was fast asleep.

Was I imagining things now as well?