The scandal 2

Four Leaf clover

Yonghwa's POV

I had just been about to go out to give Shinhye a present congratulating her on her debut when I saw Hongki lying on the couch sobbing into a cushion. 

"Hongstar, what's wrong?" I asked, we hadn't been on good terms lately but I was still cared about him.

Hongki looked up with red eyes. 

"Did you know Shinhye's dating someone... this guy called Lee Minho." Hongki started howling into his cushion again. 

What? Shinhye was going out with someone?

Hearing that news I felt a aching pain somewhere in my chest. 

So that's why she had  been with Lee Minho sunbaenim earlier. I texted Shinhye an apology feeling both sad and angry at the same time. 

I looked down at Shinhye's gift. It was a necklace. A necklace with an arrow going through a heart. Cupid's arrow. 

That's what my heart felt like right now; like it was being pierced through with an arrow. Not Cupid's arrow that brought love and joy but one that brought hurt and pain.

Shinhye's POV

The next day the president called me into his office. 

"Sit down" he said when I walked in. 

I spotted that jerk- I mean Lee Minho sitting in one of the chairs.

I sat down on the seat furthest from him. 

Why had my grandfather called me here? and with him as well.

The president cleared his throat. 

"There has been a recent scandal regarding you two, correct?" he asked but I could see the question had been aimed at me only. It looked as if the matter had already been discussed with Lee Minho already.

I nodded at his question and opened my mouth to complain that it wasn't true but he held up his hand and said "It doesn't concern me whether the scandal is true or not however I do think that you two should carry on dating. Minho had already agreed so there is nothing more to discuss." 

Lee Minho stood up and nodded at the president before walking out. 

I stood up. "You can't do this! I don't like that guy. Wait that's a understatement - I hate him!" was what I wanted to say but instead I just stood saying nothing.

"It's good publicity. Search readings for Cupid have quadripled since that scandal got out and I'm only having to pay a small amount for Lee Minho to date you since he's in the company of a friend of mine." the president said noticing me standing there.

I couldn't believe my ears. That jerk was bein paid money to date me when I didn't even like him? 

"And be nice to him. It's for the good of Cupid." the president said looking up slightly. 

I clenched my fist. 

I even had to be nice to him?

"What if I don't want to date him?" I heard myself say then gasped at my own rudeness. I had never talked back to an adult before, I had always been too scared of the blows that would follow. 

The president chuckled - I looked at him amazed. It had been the first time that I had actually seen him laugh. 

Then he shuffled through his papers and it was almost as if the past few second hadn't happened.

I turned around to leave. 

"You have no choice." he said.