That jerk

Four Leaf clover

Shinhye's POV

I took a deep breath. We were backstage waiting for our turn. Jiyeon grabbed my hand and I squeezed back. I guess people became closer when they were scared.

"Next we have a new girl's group that's coming out to show us what they got. Please a big round of applause for Cupid!!!!" I heard the MC say and we hurriedly got into our positions.

The curtains opened and there was a flashes and bursts of light as we got into our poses. The music started and I started doing the routine that we had practiced constantly for the last few months. I heard Sulli start singing, her voice wobbly at first then getting louder as she gained confidence.

It was my turn next...

My throat suddenly felt like it was clogged up. I swallowed and started singing my line. It was over faster than I expected. 

I could hear people cheering in the audience but I didn't dare look at them, I knew that I would break down if I did. 

Then I heard Suzy singing her lines, it was the chorus after then Yoona and IU's lines. Then the chorus was repeated with IU singing after wards. Then the bridge was sung by Hara which was followed by Jiyeon at the end. 

Jiyeon sang the final line and the stage went dark. I could hear applause and cheers all around. I ran backstage again my heart thumping in my chest. 

I could feel adrenaline rush through my body. 

Everyone was gasping but smiling at the same time. 

We all chatted eagerly about our performance. 

"Did you hear those cheers at the end?" asked Suzy looking thrilled.

"Yeah, I can't wait for our next performance!" shouted Jiyeon enthusiastically.

Everyone was in high spirits by the time we reached the waiting room. 

I suddenly felt really thirsty. "I'm going to go get some water." I said but nobody heard me since they were all too busy chatting among themselves.

I left the waiting room and was closing the door behind me when someone bumped into me. I looked up - it was the boy from the hospital.

"You!" we both shouted at the same time. 

I glared at him and he scowled.

"I would have thought that you would be a bit more careful after already bumping into me once." he grumbled.

"I.. But you bumped into me!" I shot back.

He shot daggers at me. "You know you shoul be more respectful towards your sunbaes."

"Who says your my sunbae?" I argued.

He scoffed.

"Do you really not know who I am?" he asked taking a step towards me. 

I stepped back. 

"Shinhye!" someone called and I turned and saw Yonghwa running towards me. 

He spotted the boy and bowed. "Anneonghaseyo sunbaenim." 

The boy smirked and turned to Yonghwa.

"Do you know that person?" he asked pointing to me and Yonghwa nodded. 

"Hey! I have a name, you know." I said to him but he ignored me. 

"You should teach her some manners.. oh and how to use her eyes." he said to Yonghwa before walking off haughtily.

I clenched my fist. Who was he to call someone rude?

I was about shout after him but Yonghwa put his hand on my shoulder and shook his head.

"Do you know him?" I asked. 

Yonghwa smiled, "Yeah, he's a really famous actor but I've noticed he can be a bit rude sometimes. You just have to live with it, since we're newbies and all."

I sighed. "He's such a jerk."

Yonghwa looked confused then picked something off the ground. 

"Is this your phone?" he asked. 

I looked it - it wasn't mine. "It must be that jerks'" I said. 

Yonghwa looked down at the phone then at me. "Sorry but could you go and give it back to him? I'm performing in a few minutes"

I really didn't wan't to talk to that jerk again but Yonghwa pulled a puppy dog face and I couldn't help but take the phone. 

"Thanks! Your the best!" he cried before rushing off to his waiting room.

I started running toward the direction that I had saw the boy stride off to a few minutes ago. I turned a corner and saw him talking to the man that had also been at the hospital. I assumed that was his manager. 

I waited until his manager had walked away before striding towards him and tapping him on the shoulder. 

"Yes" he said turning around with a smile. His pretence dropped as soon as he saw that it was me. 

"What do you want?" he growled.

"Actually, it's not what I want but what you would like back." I said dangling his phone in front of his face. 

He saw it and his mouth opened in surprise. "Hey, give that back!" he cried grabbing for it but I swung it out of his reach. 

He lunged for it again and missed. 

"Give it!" he hissed. He stepped towards me and pushed me against the wall. I dropped the phone in surprise and he grabbed it. 

He blew out his breath in anger.

"So you think you can play games with me? I can make it so that you will enver be able to work in this industry again." he threatened. 

I felt my heart thump uneasily but I was determined not to show this jerk that I was nervous. 

So I stuck my tongue out at him. I knew it was childish but I couldn't think of a good comback right at that moment.

He smirked. He still had me pinned against th wall. I tried to push him away but he was too strong. 

"Shinhye? What are you doing?" it was Yonghwa.

"You will regret this." the boy hissed in my ear before walkign off. 

"Are you okay?" Yonghwa asked.