Meeting My Grandfather

Four Leaf clover

Park Shinhye's POV

I nervously stood outside the door lifting my hand to knock on the door and then dropping it again. I lifted my hand again and was about to knock when the door opened suddenly and a girl stormed out looking furious. 

 I jumped out of the way before the door could hit me and stared after the girl 

What was her deal?

I peeked into the room and saw a man with black hair which had probably been died as it was too black to match his face which had a few wrinkles and his eyes which looked old and wise. The man was frowning which made his wrinkles stand out even more and deepened his frown lines  which showed the stressful years that he must have gone through to get to this position. 

That must be my granddad, I thought. But even though he looked quite old he didn't look old enough to be my granddad. 

My granddad lifted his head and spotted me.

He looked confused for a moment then a look of recognition swept over his face. 

"Come in" he said. 

I walked in with my head bowed and stood beside the big armchair at the front of his deak. 

"Sit down" he said gesturing to the chair next to me and I obeyed. 

He looked through some papers for a few moments and sighed. 

"You must be Shinhye." he said.

"Yes" I answered.

"Hmmm..." he mummered then sighed.

Thinking that maybe he had forgotten I said "I'm your granddaughter"

He lifted his head quickly.

"Don't say that." he said sharply. "I will provide shelter for you but you are never to mention to anyone that we are related in any way. I do not like to mix personal matters with  professional matters so while you are training here you will not have any personal relationship with me. Are you clear?"

I was shocked at his sudden outburst but I managed to nod. 

"I'm sorry," I said 

The president just grunted and looked down at his papers again. 

"I have decided that you should join a new girls group that will debut in a few months. You will have to work very hard to get up to their standard. Do you understand?"

What, a new girl group? Me? I couldn't believe my ears. I nodded in bewilderment.

"You will also be given a dorm to share with your other group members and you will be taken to meet them at one"

The president pressed a button and said into the microphone next to it "Secretary Woo, please come to my office please."

We waited in silence for a few minutes while my grandfa- i mean the president looked through his papers and I looked around at the walls. 

The door opened and a young man in a grey suit walked in and bowed to the president. 

"Please take Park Shinhye to Mrs. Go to check up on her vocal ability and then to Hyoyeon to check her dancing and then take her to her stylists and Wang Cordi so that they can get styles that suit her ready for her debut. Then she will need to be taken to Practice room 7 to meet Cupid." he said to the man in the grey suit.

Then the president turned to me and said "Your manager will come to meet you tomorrow but Secretary Woo will look after you for today. Also you will need to take extra lessons to get up to Cupid's standard but you will be notified about that later."

I nodded again and stood up and bowed to the president before I left.

I was going to do something that I never knew I would do even in my dreams. I was going to join a girils group.

This was going to be a fresh new start for me. 

Maybe luck had found me at last.