HMS-8

Heart Made of Steel

 

My conscience is killing me. What the hell did I just say?? Ahh!! Can I just take it back? Even if he’s pretty really annoying, he finishes his jobs. I don’t know how, maybe he asked his talented executives to do it for him, but it still means he doesn’t abandon his work.

That was the first time I’ve seen him that way… maybe I really went overboard. ~you went overboard~ Aish, fine! Okay! I went overboard! Gahd, is my conscience talking to me now?

“Hello?” oh good! Now, I can’t even concentrate with my work because of him. I need vegetables!

“Sorry, what was it again?” I apologized.

“Are you okay? I’m sorry, but did you two fight?” He looked concerned. But wait, what?

“What? No, it’s not. He’s not. We’re not…” he laughed. I recognized I can’t compose what I’m trying to say. I awkwardly laughed too.

“Then, I shall leave. I’ve got meetings with our board. Nice meeting you again. This is the first time I’ve seen you like this,” he excused himself.

“Well, it’s only the second time meeting you. Please have a safe drive back,” I bowed to him.

“You’re probably right… Then,” he excused himself.


 

Tik.Tok.Tik.Tok.Tik.Tok. What am I doing with my precious time? And where in the world is he? *ringgggg*

“Yoboseyo?” Appa’s calling. “When do you need it… now?!... But he—“ no, I can’t tell him this. “—I mean he’s out… buying something?... He’ll be back soon… I’ll tell him immediately… bye dad,” he ended the call.

Good timing! Did he make it a reason for him to ditch a responsibility?! I pressed the button under my desk and Ms. Kim immediately entered. “Please look for Mr. Park,” I told her and she looked confised.

“He left. Long story,” I said the last two words like a whisper. She nodded and excused herself.

I walked towards his desk, it must be here somewhere, he must’ve finished it by now. Contracts, summaries, financial reports. I can’t find the presentation dad is looking for. I checked my time, 12:30 pm. My dad needs this by two pm. I went back to my seat and pressed the button under my desk again.

“Where is he?” I asked Ms. Kim. I think I sounded desperate.

“I asked the company drivers to go look for him,” she said.

“Could you please call him instead? Tell him he’s needed now,” I ordered.

“Sorry ma’am, but we only have Director Park’s number since Mr. Park Chanyeol worked here not too long ago. But, wouldn’t you have his number?” she asked me curiously. Right, I am his business partner after all. I remembered him giving me his calling card, then I dismissed Ms. Kim.

I pulled the compartment of my desk and got the familiar calling card I received a month ago. Wow, so in the end I’ll be using this. I dialed his number… but I can’t seem to tap the call sign. I am hyperventilating. This is how I felt when I took up the board exam, and I’m feeling this way again because I need to contact him. Argh. This is crazy!

*ringggggggg* I came closer to where the sound is coming from. Argh!! And he even left his phone!! I literally facepalmed myself!! I started feeling hopeless, until I heard the door open.

I stood up immediately. “Uhm… you’re here,” that is the most awkward thing I’ve said in my entire life. He just plainly looked at me. Cold eyes… this is a different Park Chanyeol. I am starting to get conscious so I looked away.

“*cough* uhm… dad called. He said he needs the presentation papers for Mr.  Han,” he didn’t say anything. Instead, he went closer to me. What is he doing??

“Excuse me,” he coldly said so I looked at him. I was about to say something when I realized he wasn’t directly looking at me. He leaned closer than before so I took a step to the side because I instantly needed my personal space. Is he planning to harass me?!? He bent down and then he grabbed… his phone. Now, I facepalmed myself one hundred times in my mind. The hell with what I thought!

Oh shoot! I remembered calling him before he came back. I slid my phone on my pocket. “Dad needs it by 2 pm,” I just stood there waiting for him to at least nod, or anything.

“You called me?” he was showing me his phone. I think I just got goosebumps.

“What? Of course not,” I lied.

“Really?... what were you doing here?” what was I doing there… right. It was actually my first time being in his territory. He is the one who always goes near my desk and bother me.

“I was looking for that proposal,” that was the truth. I DID come near his desk earlier to find the papers.

“It’s in your desk. I finished it last Wednesday. I told you I’ve left it in your desk the same day,” he walked straight to my desk and there it is… all along, under other piles of folders. He then handed it to me, but I declined.

“It’s your work, you should take the credit,” I didn’t remember it though. I think I was busy doing something else when he placed it on my desk. I looked at him again, and he’s browsing his phone. Why did I lie to him? It’s not as if calling him is a crime. He placed his phone near his left ear.

*ringgggggg* I almost jumped from what I’ve heard.

I think I just had a cold sweat. I saw him looking at me and then he looked back at his phone. “You didn’t call me… right?” he said it sarcastically and I suppose he was trying to control himself from laughing. Crap!

I took my phone from my pocket. “Oh look, my dad’s calling me. I should take this, excuse me.” I hurried myself towards the door and canceled the call. My heart was beating so fast… that was embarrassing!!!

 

 



heehee~ <33333 thanks to kath_elf5hawol for the poster!! Wee ❤❤❤