HMS-13

Heart Made of Steel

“Hold on tight,” he asked me to wrap my arms around his waist again. I did, just because I don’t want to speak to him, and I just want to get this over with.

“You’re still mad at me,” I didn’t answer. Silence means yes, anyway, and it didn’t even sound like a question. At least that’s what I think he thinks. Besides, stupid people believe in clichés.

I don’t know where he’s taking me next, but I didn’t plan to ask. If that’s what it takes for us to stop talking, then I don’t mind getting lost in Seoul.

I turned my head 30 degrees to the right, the sun’s slowly setting… when did I last see the sun set? For so many years, I yet again saw the sunset’s reflection beneath the surface of Han River with the different shades of red and purple and blue. Perfection.

And in this moment, I am crying, shouting in my mind my thanks to this person I hate so much… because if it wasn’t for him, I wouldn’t be able to see this now… maybe not even be able to see this in the future. Somehow, I wish he could read my mind… that doesn’t mean I stopped hating him, because I hate him still.

Soon, he slowed down to stop. We we’re in front of a night club. “Come,” he offered me his hand, but I immediately crossed my arms. He blew his bangs and lowered his head to level with me.

“It’s pretty dark, and crowded in there. Just… stay close to me, okay?” He ruffled my hair so I slapped his hand away for the umpteenth time. He laughed from under his breath as if we weren’t fighting just recently!

There was a long line but he directly walked towards the entrance. It’s pretty awkward; I don’t think I’m made up for this place. I think people were looking at me. Yes, what the hell am I doing here in the first place? For pete’s sake, I’m wearing a corporate attire. In my mind, I’m guessing this living pole just want to make fun of me. Ahhh!

“Yo! Yeol-ah, long time no see!” the bouncer greeted him while giving him a stamp on his arm. V.I.P. Right, this is his family’s nightclub! I should’ve known as soon as he parked his motorcycle.

“She’s with me,” Chanyeol gestured me and I found myself walking closer. The same guy forced a smile while giving me the same stamp.

“You’re still not talking to me, eh?” he was shouting since the music’s too loud. He suddenly held my hand. At first I was planning to pull out of his grip again, but the place is really dark. I ended up letting him guide until there’s finally a hint of light. We settled at the VIP lounge, too big for two people.

“Hyung! Glad to see you here! Thought you died, man.” I saw a tall man, maybe a year younger than Chanyeol, greeted him.

“I was working, you idiot!” Chanyeol hugged his friend.

“Bull man! Working??? Yeah right! Oh, this is?” the tall man gestured at me so Chanyeol introduced me to him. Kai. It was his name. Not that it matters, ‘cause I’m sure I’m not meeting him in the future. But maybe it’s inevitable, especially that I’m stuck in this place for the night.

“Your girlfriend?” Kai suddenly blurted out while Chanyeol was offering me some mojos.

“No,” I answered Kai and he laughed.

“Man, when did you get so slow?” Kai was still laughing and he received a light smack on the shoulder from Chanyeol.

“Shut it, bastard! Soon…” he added. Yeah right?! Keep dreaming! Soon will be no more, because soon you and I will be closer to strangers.

“Haha! That’s the Park Chanyeol I know. Anyway, I have to go back on the dance floor, nice meeting you,” before I could even react, he hugged me goodbye and then Chanyeol gave him another light punch on the shoulder.

“Whoa!! Don’t tell me you’re starting to get possessive,” Kai said teasingly.

Not her, man. She’s… different,” I could hardly hear what Chanyeol said, but ended up reading his lips. For one second, I could’ve been flattered, but that’s what comes out from a mastered-Casanova mouth… I’m not affected at all.

“Channie-ah~” suddenly, I saw a woman lady girl? I was trying to estimate the age of this female who’s approaching Chanyeol until she kissed him on the lips. I think my mouth formed into an “O”. It was my first time seeing someone kiss in front of me.

“Jooyeon-ah! Stop, you’re drunk!” I didn’t realize Sehun was with her. He was trying to pull her away from Chanyeol, who too was I think, trying to push her away from him. So… this is the Jooyeon Sehun was talking about.

“Yahh! Stop touching me Sehun!!” to say that I was surprised because Jooyeon was being hysterical was an understatement. She slapped Sehun who was just trying to calm her down, but Sehun looked like he wasn’t shocked at all!

“Channie-ah~!! I missed you so much! I thought you were hiding from me, you weren’t answering my calls and they wouldn’t tell me where you are. I thought I’m gonna die…” she was now crying and to my surprise Chanyeol isn’t doing anything. He instead went closer to me and raised my chin to close my mouth which unknowingly was still open.

And then Jooyeon stopped crying. In that moment I felt sorry for her until she looked at me with piercing eyes, what did I do to her?!? I take it back. I don’t feel any sympathy towards her. I looked at her plainly.

“Who is she?” Jooyeon was asking Chanyeol who doesn’t respond.

“Yah, who is she?” still no response.

“Jooyeon-ah—“ “WHO IS SHE?!?” she shouted at Sehun while pointing at me. Rude!

“Ms. Jooyeon, it is impolite to point your index finger at someone. Please put your hand down,” I slowly told her and she raised her eyebrow for me instead. I heard Chanyeol laugh, so I looked at him with confused eyes.

“MWORAGO?!?” she shouted at me. I’m starting to lose it! I’ve had enough this day, and she’s adding to my irritation!

“How old are you?” I asked, still trying to keep my composure. Though I think I’m clenching my fist.

“y seventeen. Now will you stop flirting with my oppa and disappear OLD LADY?!?” she said. OLD LADY?!? Did she just call me old lady?!? I inhaled and exhaled before I opened my mouth again.

“Seventeen, I see. Now tell me, what is a seventeen-year old lady doing here? You wouldn’t want me to report this, would you?” I said walking near her.

“Are you threatening me?!” she was still shouting at me.

“Threatening? Oh no…” I shook my head and smiled sweetly. “I’m just saying that you should grow another year before you enter this kind of place. Or if you couldn’t wait, there won’t be any nightclubs as elite as this after today… and it’ll be your fault,” I smirked and she slowly made a confused look.

“What do you mean?” she sounded confuse.

“Nothing much. Except that if I publicize that this nightclub allows someone as young as you in, then I don’t know what will happen next… do you have any idea?” I continued and she creased her forehead.

“Jooyeon, let’s get out of here, okay?” Sehun held her arms and she wasn’t able to do anything but to let her be dragged. Ha! That’s for calling me old lady!

“Fierce,” I suddenly heard Chanyeol speak. He was even clapping his hands. I rolled my eyes on him.

“Here,” he blew his bangs and then offered me some clubhouse sandwich. I plainly looked at it instead. How can this guy expect me to eat after witnessing a public kiss?

 “Are we on a fight?” he sounded intimate, and it oddly gave me chills. Fight? With him? I just remembered that hating someone means having strong emotions for them, and darn it, I immensely hate Park Chanyeol. And I don’t even know if I’m exaggerating and I’m not planning to comprehend this anymore.

“I really like what you did back there,” he started.

“It wasn’t for you,” I shot him an irritated look, and he smiled while raising both of his hands as if he’s surrendering.

“No, I didn’t say that. It’s just that I’ve seen another side of you… In fact, I’ve seen so many sides of you today,” he was explaining himself. I don’t understand why I feel my blood run through my cheeks again. This is becoming very natural.

“You… uhm. Aside from my dad, and uncle, you’re the person who knows pretty much about me,” I honestly told him. Well, I think I need to tell him that… I guess? I wouldn’t have another chance after this day anyway.

“Really…?” he asked sounding delighted. I looked at him and he was looking at me while scratching the back of his neck. “Awesome. I must be special,” he said while continuously raising his eyebrows.

“No. You’re just annoying,” I rolled my eyes and gave him a wry smile. He wrinkled his nose and we both laughed. I can’t believe that this man I hated a few hours ago is now laughing with me.

He called the waiter and ordered a real meal. I was surprised he ordered a salad for me. “You should eat your meal,” he said and I just nodded in agreement. He had a few drinks, and I had two. I know my low tolerance for alcohol, and I’m disciplined enough to know my limit.

He stood up and offered me his hand, “Dance with me.” I accepted his hand and let the warmness of it guide me towards the dance floor.

“DJ!” he shouted and the DJ recognized who he was immediately. The DJ nodded as if he understood Chanyeol who doesn’t even said another word. The loud music stopped and it was replaced by a romantic ballad. I didn’t mind asking Chanyeol why he asked for a change of music, I know exactly why.

We settled ourselves at the corner-right part of the dance floor, and people were already slow dancing to the music. He positioned my hands at the back of his neck before he wrapped his around my waist. This is a day full of foreign feelings for me. I am thanking the dim lights because I know I am flushed.

He is too close to me… I can fully smell his scent that I hate because it’s too strong. He was slowly leaning closer to me. It was the end of the song until another ballad played. I can feel his warm breathing near my ear.

“I hope I made you feel how living really feels like… at least today,” he whispered again, and now he’s hugging me and it surprised me to know that I’m not doing anything to prevent him from doing so. What surprised me more was when I find myself tightening my hold around his neck.

“Were you surprised I didn’t breach the contract?” I whispered and I felt the warm air on my neck that came out of his mouth when he laughed.

“Nah, I knew you wouldn’t. Though I was hoping for a second you would,” he chuckled. Half of me wanted to look at his face, the other half wanted to keep still. I ended up doing the latter.

“I never felt so alive,” I mumbled. I don’t know if the alcohol’s taking over me. But I’m sure I’m a hundred percent conscious.

“Glad to hear,” even if I can’t see him, the sound of his voice assured me he was smiling.

I didn’t know how long we were dancing. All of a sudden, it wasn’t important keeping track of the time… we were feeling each other’s presence.

“I am Park Chanyeol. Today, it was really nice meeting you.” I would’ve laughed from what he just said if his tone was different. He was serious, and even if he was smiling, I know it’s not meant for me to laugh at. He pulled away and that’s when I realize we were one of the few who were still on the dance floor. Time check: 11:30 pm.

“Let’s go back.” It was our last dance.

 



Update for y'all! ^^ thank you so much snoqualmie of  Un gâteau? Un gâteau! Fast Poster Request Shop for this very wonderful wonderful wonderful poster!! <3