HMS-24

Heart Made of Steel

The day’s almost ending as we witness the darkness kissing the sun goodnight. But I still feel that I don’t want to go back to my house. So I told Chanyeol to drive me to a hotel instead, but he insisted I sleep in his unit. I didn’t know why, I should have declined because it was the right thing to do, but I did otherwise.

When we got back from our little ‘escapade’, I just realized I needed to buy some clothes and undies so I told him I’ll be going somewhere. He asked me where and I just told him to some mall, and he asked me why and I said I needed to buy something, and he asked me what that something is and I told him ‘just something’, and he told me he has everything in his unit and that I should just ask him what I need, but I told him he doesn’t have that something that I need and then he gave me a questioning look so I returned him one until he ended up insisting to come with me, but of course I told him no and he asked why and I just said because I said so.

“If you’re going to buy some underwear—“

“Chanyeol!” I think I just died from embarrassment. Can he just shut up for one second?

“So, you are?” he questioned me again and when I didn’t answer, I heard him chuckle.

“Well, I told you I have everything you need here, you don’t have to go.” He said and I almost gape at him from what he said.

“Don’t get me wrong. Kai gave it to me ‘cause you know, for ‘emergency’ purposes. Hm? Do you fit B or C?” he grinned at me and this time, my mouth literally fell open. I can’t believe we’re having this kind of conversation!

“Get out.” I motioned the door of his bedroom and he creased his eyebrows.

“This is MY room and you’re asking ME to leave?” he asked with an amused tone.

“You heard me right. Now, get out!” I opened the door and motioned him to leave, and this time it’s his mouth that fell open. Serves you right!

“Wow.” He said, almost clapping his hands. He is definitely amazed, “You’re indeed… just wow.” But he gained his sanity back as soon as I pushed him out of his room.

“Okay, boss!” he raised both of his hands as if to surrender and so I rolled my eyes at him.

“Well, if you need anything, I’m at the kitchen. You have any specific request for dinner?” he asked. He’s technically out of his room, and we’re talking face to face with the door being the space between us. I reminded him that I’m a vegetarian and he said that’s the only thing he doesn’t have, but before I could even say anything, he said he’ll just call for a delivery.

“Oh, and about the underwears—“ I slammed the door shut.

I lay on his warm bed and buried myself on his comforter. I literally just want to drown myself with his sheets! This is the most embarrassing day of my life! But still, I needed to eat my pride so I stood up and started looking for his ‘emergency’ kit. Where in the world is it?

 

 

 

“Thanks.” I finally said after we ate dinner.

“My pleasure.” He said after sipping water from his glass. I stood up and started taking the plates.

“Leave it there.” He stood up and told me to stop cleaning, but I shook my head and insisted, so in the end he stood there watching me clean the dishes instead.

“How in the world do you know everything, seriously? Do you also know how to cook?” he asked and I just nodded like it was a normal thing, and he just gave an approving nod. Deep inside, I gave myself a pat on the back for seriously taking my extra-curricular activities.

“You should cook for me sometime! My favorite food is Bibimbap, you know how to cook that?” he asked eagerly.

“No. I only know how to cook western and italian recipes.” I said honestly and he thought I was lying until I didn’t change my reaction and for the nth time, he gave me that ‘what in the world are you in a positive way’ look.

“Still, cook for me please?” he asked, even pressing his two palms and pouting. And I thought he was funny and really good looking but I still managed to say ‘if I have time’, and he said ‘I always say ‘I don’t have time’, and so I told him ‘exactly’, and he told me I was unfair and he lowered his head looking defeated, and then I realized I’m tripling my effort, even pressing my bottom lip, to stifle a laugh.

After washing the dishes, I returned to his bed. Chanyeol indirectly accepted the fact that he’ll be sleeping on his living room when he went inside his room and grabbed a pillow and a blanket from another drawer.

“Take a shower and change with this.” He handed me a new towel and one of his oversized shirts.

“I don’t think any of my shorts will fit you, so yea… I’ll just go with you at the mall tomorrow?... Or I’ll just drive you there?... Or do you want to do it yourself?... okay, I’m shutting up now.” He paused from every sentence and so I laughed from how awkward he looks right now. I saw him scratch the back of his neck, shifted his focus on his left side and then he blew his bangs. He’s actually pretty embarrassed, I could tell. And why am I not irritated when he blew his bangs this time?

“Thank you, Chanyeol.” I flashed him a genuine smiled. He looked back at me and told me to sleep tight and I said okay and he said to lock the door because he might forget I was there and he laughed, so I rolled my eyes and pushed him away lightly, but he got hold of my hands.

“You’ll be alright… Goodnight.” He whispered once he pulled me in for an embrace, and I could smell his strong perfume again—and I felt okay.

“Goodnight.” I whispered too before pulling out of the embrace.

 

 

 

The next morning, I woke up in the warm sheets of Chanyeol’s bed. I gargled and washed my face before going out of his room, and there he is at his sofa, sleeping.

I realized I woke up earlier than my alarm, so I sat on the floor and carefully watch the sleeping soul. He looks rather comfortable sleeping in his sofa, with his lids closed and his hands embracing his pillow. Soft snores came out from his nose, and I cringe everytime he moves his head thinking he might wake up and find out that I’m watching him sleep like a creep.

Satisfied, I darted towards his kitchen and looked through his refrigerator. Deciding the menu—waffles for breakfast—I beat some eggs and added some oil and soon poured some pre-mixed hotcake flour. I also fried some bacon and eggs while heating some coffee in the coffee maker.

“Hey! Smells good, whatcha cooking?” I heard his deep voice getting louder as he came closer to the kitchen. He’s finally awake, with his bed hair falling randomly from his face—he looks so good in the morning too. This is so unfair.

“Erm, I just did waffles. Also, I fried some bacon and eggs, it’s really nothing much.” I know I turned pink, so I turned my back to focus on getting the right utensils.

But before I could turn back again, to face him, I felt Chanyeol’s chest behind me. Afterwards, he hugged me from the back, while he rests his chin on the top of my head. I almost drop the utensils I am holding. Almost.

“Morning, beautiful.” He whispered before finally letting me go. I could feel myself tense from hearing his just-woke-up voice. He sounded so inviting. Oh my god, what am I even thinking!

I inhaled a good amount of air before turning to face him and smiled.

“Waffles taste better when it’s warm.  Let’s eat?” I forced a grin and he cringed and shook his head for a minute. He pouted and gestured me to kiss him first. He looks like a kid! I pushed him lightly and headed towards the dining table but he stood there looking down, and darn it! Why does he have to look so cute and so masculine at the same time? Did I mention he’s currently wearing boxer shorts and a blank tank top?

So I heaved a sigh and stood from where I am sitting, walked towards Chanyeol and the time he raised his head to look at me, I tiptoed and gave him a peck on the lips. He smiled so happily, like a five-year-old receiving a lollipop from his mommy.

“Now, can we eat?” I asked looking anywhere except his eyes. I thought I got so much courage for being able to do that. He nodded with that million dollar smile never leaving his face, and we walked side by side towards the dining table.

 

 

“This is weird,” I mumbled to myself when we were waiting for the elevator to open. We are currently in the ground floor of my dad’s company. Apparently, I got so much work left to do and I am not the type to run from my responsibilities, even if it meant risking the probability of seeing my dad today.

“Hm?” I didn’t know he heard me so I just shook my head because 1) I don’t know what question to ask first 2) there is more than fifty-percent possibility that he will not answer me seriously 3) I’m pretty sure asking him will just make the current situation more awkward and 4) ting the elevator door opened.

We entered the elevator with more or less ten people already inside. It’s too crowded and since I’m claustrophobic, I just wanted to get to my floor already. I don’t know if Chanyeol noticed but I truly appreciate the fact that he semi-enveloped me from the other employees that are moving in and out of the elevator.

“Good morning ma’am.” I heard Ms. Kim greet when she saw me walking the hallways. I was about to greet her back when she shifted her focus on the man beside me. Right! What is he doing here anyway? He resigned weeks ago. And from what I remembered, we almost looked like we’re killing each other the last time he stepped foot in this place.

“Good morning, Mr. Park?” it is evident that Ms. Kim is more than confused.

“I’m just walking my—“

“Oh right! You said you’re here to visit my dad? I’m assuming you already know his office. Nice running into you today, Mr. Park,” I gave him an awkward look before shifting my focus on Ms. Kim. I asked her for coffee and she excused herself from both of us.

“Chanyeol, I’m sorry. This is just too sudden. I don’t know. It’s just that—“ I stopped blabbering when Chanyeol held my hand. I didn’t want to look at him but he held my chin up, so I ended up staring at his face.

“Well, since I’m here, I’ll pay dad—I mean, your dad a visit,” he winked at me and told me to call him if I’m done with my work.

“Chanyeol,” I called him and he asked me to continue.

“Aren’t you, um…” I fiddled with my fingers while arranging my thoughts because his mere presence makes me, unfortunately, self-conscious.

“You miss me already?” he chuckled as he pinched my left cheek. I automatically turned pink so I hid my face with my hair. I’m not usually like this.

“I’m kidding. What is it?”  this time, he was serious. He wanted me to continue whatever I was saying.

“It’s just,” I paused again and so he squeezed my hand gently asking me to continue.

“You… you don’t plan on going back here?” I finally asked one question out of a hundred and I saw him grinning while wiggling his eyebrows.

“Just answer my question!” I got irritated because my cheeks are burning big time. And still, he finds this funny?

“Very demanding as always,” he creased his nose, still smiling, but he shook his head, so I just nodded.

“I’m pretty busy lately. But if you insist—“

“Insisting people is not my personality, Chanyeol. If they want to stay, they stay. Do as you please. Besides, your part’s almost done. I can do well by myself from here. Thank you for your cooperation, you’ve work hard,” I said sounding rather defensive, so I received a bemused look from him, but not too long he changed his expression to looking quite amused.

“Is that lesson four?” he asked instead with a playful grin.

“Probably. I must say I’m quite amused you’ve been counting, and yet you have the right to say you’re busy. Not that it mattered, really.” I raised my eyebrow suspiciously and he raised both of his hands in the air as if to surrender.

“Just be honest and tell me you miss having me around, and maybe I’ll reconsider being your business partner again.” I rolled my eyes, though I couldn’t seem to counter what he said, maybe because there’s a little truth in there.

“Listen here. I am really busy, But I always give time to people I like,” this time he lightly held a grip of my forearms. I’m mentally cursing for not being able to respond.

“Here,” I just realized he sneaked a key in my hand. When he realized I found those keys weird in my hands, he softly laughed.

“You’re welcome in my home anytime.” he explained and I felt my cheeks burning. And I like the way he referred to his house as ‘home’ instead of a condo unit, or a house. However, I could be a little sarcastic at times.

“Yea. Should I be shocked to see another soul, a woman perhaps, if I decided to drop by without prior notice?” I know it was very frank of me to ask, but I thank myself for sounding so neutral about it. He looked at me bewildered, I guess he didn’t expect that coming from me.

“Seriously? You really think I give every woman a spare key to my house?” He blew his bangs before looking down to face me and he took a step closer which made me feel a little intimidated, but I fought the urge to step back, so I just shrug my shoulders. I never feel or act like I’m intimidated.

“You know what?” he hooked his two fingers under my chin so that I could clearly see him face to face. I think he’s trying to see if I’m getting anxious, but I’ve dated some men before, I believe I could handle this one, even if he’s the Great Park Chanyeol.

“Just tell me to be with you officially. Then, I’m all yours.” And before I could process everything, he embraced my waist with one swift move which made our chests touch, and his lips are pressed against mine. Everything around me just seemed to stop, and he was the only one in control. I was dazed. Was it his perfume? Is there something in it that would make me enthralled?

Then, he was the one to pull away from his embrace. He excused himself to go see my dad. Walking back to the hallway where we walked a couple of minute ago, his back is slowly getting smaller and smaller, until he disappeared once he turned to enter the elevator. As if my soul left my body, this is the first time I felt like I do not have the right strength to move any part of my being without the help of alcohol. Literally, I am stunned—frozen. I thought this only happens in teenage hopeless romantic chic-flicks. Park Chanyeol, what sorcery are you?

 


A/N: so sorry for my sloooooow update. I'm trying my best to organize my thoughts and to present you well-thought chapters everytime. please understand.. :D