HMS-10

Heart Made of Steel

“How do you eat this thing?” he keeps on twirling the salad. I think he’s looking for something other than green.

“Is this even edible? How did you survive eating this?” he looked very disgusted. So, he’s one of those  people who don’t like eating veggies, I see. Deep inside I am laughing. He is definitely a kid.

I didn’t answer him. I munched my salad. Oh, the taste of nature. I finished eating half of my salad and I took a glimpse of how he’s doing. Barely touched.

“Don’t force yourself,” I told him and he looked at me with flabbergasted eyes.

“I like challenge,” then he put a piece of lettuce in his mouth.

“Are you okay?” he looks like he’s going to cry. He gave me an okay sign since he’s sill chewing, I ended up laughing. He laughed at himself too.

“I’m… sorry,” I think I lost my voice uttering the last word.

“What was it?” he looked surprised but he was smiling widely.

“I don’t like repeating what I say,” I drank some water.

“Okay,” he plainly said.

“Okay?” I repeated and smiled. Everything is so simple for him…

“On one condition,” and then my smile disappeared. I knew he wouldn’t give it to me that easily.

“Spend the whole day with me,” he grinned at me. I grabbed my bag and walked away. Why is he still following me?

“I’m not just any employee. I am the COO of our company, please act professional. You should eat some real lunch and stop following me,” I kept my focus in front of me.

“I’ll stop following you. After you spend this day with me, I’ll stop following you,” he’s walking beside me. Stupid, he’s way taller than me; of course he can follow my pace. But is he telling the truth? He will stop following me if I accept his offer. I stopped walking.

“After this, you’ll stop bothering me?” I asked it like I was securing a business deal.

Instead of an answer he held my hand and dragged me to some place I don’t know, “and one last thing, I am Chanyeol today.”

“I didn’t agree to that. You’re amending a contract without my consent,” I disagree.

“I am a premium investor, that’s a bonus. If you disagree, then you’re breaching the con—“

Chan…yeol… Just for today,” I uttered his name and a smile crept his lips.

“And another thing,” he spoke again. I wrinkled my nose.

“A contract should not prejudice any party,” I reminded him and he chuckled.

“I know. That’s why if you ever think you’re prejudiced, I allow you to breach the contract. Don’t worry, this is only applicable to you,” he smiled to me and then looked in another direction. He then blew his bangs. I really, really, really hate that habit of his!

“Where are we going?” I asked him, I realize he was still holding my hand. I pulled away from his grip. I think people were looking at us.

“There,” he pointed to a burger stand.

“You’re kidding right?” I couldn’t hide my despair. Aside from chicken and tuna, I only eat veggies.

“When I talk about food, I don’t kid,” he held my hand again and then he hauled me towards the burger stand.

I swallowed the air in my mouth. “Come on, try it. I ate that green thing—“

“Lettuce,” I told him.

“Yeah, that one.” He wrinkled his forehead again.

“Please don’t let me remember. That’s a daymare!” he took a bite of his burger.

Daymare?” what alien language is that?

“Yes, daymare. It’s like nightmare, just that it happened during the day,” he explained and gave me a cheeky smile.

“There’s no such thing in any dictionary,” I chuckled.

“Really?” he looked like he was thinking deeply, but then he punched his right hand on the air as if he’s gotten the right answer to whatever it is he’s thinking.

“Then that’s cool! I invented that word,” he raised his two eyebrows and grab another bite of his burger. I mentally facepalmed myself. He is one heck of a rollercoaster.

He pointed at my burger, “say ahh.” I creased my brows.

“Come on, just one bite,” he persisted.

I never ate this kind of thing in my entire life. Or did I? Maybe? When I was younger. But I forgot the taste of this so I’m really unsure. Unlike him, I don’t like this type of challenge. I shook my head.

“So, are you giving up this easily?” he narrowed his eyes.

“Mr. Pa—I mean Chanyeol,” he smiled widely.

“It’s not like I’m leaving you here,” I raised an eyebrow.

“Aish, you’re being a kill joy. Come on just one bite. Just one teeney...tiny…”

Oh my god! He’s saying these weird things again.

“…twiney… “ he’s even pouting. That is the most disgusting thing!

“…winey—“

“Okay, just stop with your weird words!” I even slammed the table and he looked surprised.

“What weird words?” he looked so innocent but then he smiled, pointed at my burger, and then he took another bite of his burger. He looked like he was savoring every fats and cholesterol. His immaturity is consuming me.

I stared on my burger for another minute when I realized he was staring at me with those eyes that tell me ‘go for it’. I closed my eyes and slowly bite a small portion of my burger. I chewed slowly and wow, I didn’t expect this to be—

“So, how is it?” he was waiting for my answer. That smile of his never leaving his face.

“It’s okay,” I told him monotonously. He wrinkled his nose, displeased with my answer. I tried another bite of my burger. That wasn’t as bad as I thought.

“Tell me about yourself,” he started. He was supporting his chin with his two palms as if he’s very interested to listen, his face was closer than before.

“I’m a COO and—“

“I know that. Could you please tell me something other than what’s obvious?” he cut me off. He was right.

“Uhm? I like vegetables,” I started.

“I also happen to know that,” he narrowed his eyes. Fine. What else is about me? I think I was thinking for too long.

“How about your interests? Hobbies? Do you play sports?” he finally said. I think he was starting to get impatient.

“No, I don’t play sports. I’ve no time, and I don’t see any sense of self-actualization if I run and sweat,” I told him honestly.

“How old are you?” he suddenly asked out of the blue.

“twenty-one,” I answered him still.

“Huh? You’re only twenty one, but you’re living the life of a fifty year old,” he commented.

“Excuse me?” I pardoned him but I think he didn’t hear me. He raised his head above my eye level and waved his hand in the air.

“Take care of it,” a tall, slender guy wearing a plain shirt and a pair of jeans said while giving Chanyeol a key.

Chanyeol stood up and gave him a man to man hug, “Thanks, Sehun!”

“Ohh, is this your girlfriend?” Sehun, I think it was his name, gestured at me. How rude! I wanted so badly to speak but this stupid Chanyeol hasn’t even introduced me to him. I gave Chanyeol a don’t-you-just-stand-there-and-answer-him-this-instant look, he just shrugged and smiled. You’re kidding me! Sehun then gave him a cheeky smile.

“But how about that girl Jooyeon? The other night she saw me, and she kept on asking me about you! She was a ten! But I see this pretty chick here—mmp—mmmf” Chanyeol covered Sehun’s mouth. I pretty don’t understand much of what they said except that Chanyeol is a playboy, and he’s hiding from a pitiful woman named Jooyeon.

“What are you still doing here?  You have something to do right?” Chanyeol was pushing him away.

“I do?” Sehun creased his forehead.

“Yes you do. Right?” Chanyeol repeated. Now his eyes looked bigger than before and his smile got wider.

“Oh.. right!” Sehun smirked at Chanyeol.

“Then, enjoy your date. Nice meeting you,” Sehun winked at me so I gave him a disgusted look before he ran away.

“He’s pretty funny, ha-ha-ha-ha-ha,” it was the most forced laugh I ever heard. I gave him an annoyed look so he just sat back again.

“First, you could just say no when he asked you if I was your girlfriend. I don’t like misrepresentations. Second, this is not a date,” I lectured him in an irritated tone. He looked surprised but he stood up and offered me his hand.

“Aren’t you going to explain yourself first? I’ll grade you A for misconduct Chanyeol,” I gritted my teeth.

“Sorry," he blew his bangs. Hell with it! He was still offering his hand, but I crossed my arms instead.

“Will you take my hand and accept my apology?”

 

 

 


weee~ long chapter for you guys. :) Please leave a comment and subscribe. :D muchlove!