HMS-11

Heart Made of Steel

“I am not riding that thing,” I intentionally buried my feet on the ground. Out of ten people, one gets on an accident for riding a motorcycle.

“Will you stop your tantrums, and give it a try?” he handed me a pink helmet. What? So I’m the one who’s having tantrums now? He is just impossible!

He started positioning himself on the motorcycle. I am still not riding that thing. Never.

“Hop in,” he said monotonously. I gave him back the pink helmet instead. I thought he finally gave up, but then I felt a hard thing on top of my head.

“I know you’ll be safe with me driving, but a little protection is good,” he smiled and I slapped his hands away from my chin.

“Giving up?” he looked at me blankly. Seriously?

I have endured so much. I looked at my watch, three in the afternoon. After today he will stop pestering me. Nine hours left… this is torture! But I’d rather choose nine hours of torture than every day. I shall continue to endure.

I took a step and slowly positioned myself on the motorcycle. He smiled at me but I rolled my eyes on him! Serves you right! He moved a little forward to give me more space.

“Put your arms around my waist,” he commanded before starting the engine.

“You wish,” I can’t help myself now. I crossed my arms and he chuckled.

“I’m reminding you again, miss COO, put your arms around my waist,” he started accelerating.

“I’d rather die,” I still kept my arms folded and I ignored him. I’d spare just this one day. No matter how refined a person is, there is a limit to everyone’s patience… and that makes him or her or me a different person.

Really? ” he started.

“Really—ahhhhhh!” I quickly threw my arms around his waist. I think my soul left my body for two seconds. I almost had a heart attack.

“Good girl,” he was laughing from under his breath.

“Park Chanyeol! Are you trying to kill me?” I shouted at him. I feel my blood running through my cheeks out of irritation.

“Impressive. I don’t know you have this side of yours, what happened to the ever graceful Miss COO that I know?” he’s enjoying this! So I kept on hitting him. I don’t care anymore!

“Hey stop! I’m driving here, do you want us to die?” he was shouting too! Whatever you idiot!

“I’d kill you first!” I still kept on hitting him.

“Okay, okay. Stop! I still want to live. If you want to die, just jump off that bridge,” he pointed at the banpo bridge. I hit him a couple more times and after I’m satisfied, I stopped.

“God, you’re a monster,” he mumbled.

“What did you say?” I hit him again and he rubbed the part where I hit him.

“I said, hang on tight and enjoy the city,” he finally said and smiled. Good, I don’t want to hit anymore. I’m pretty tired.

“Where are we going?” I finally asked.

“Nowhere,” he casually said.

“So you’re just driving this without destination in mind? You’re wasting so much time,” I commented.

“Yes and No.” he started and I think he can see me at his peripheral view.

“Yes, I’m driving to wherever this motorcycle takes me. But no, I’m not wasting any time,” he said.

“Yes, whatever,” I just agreed sarcastically. Besides, I only want this day to end.

“You’ve lived twenty one years without seeing the beauty of Seoul. Why don’t you take this opportunity to look around?” he stated.

“Just feel the cold breeze and observe your surroundings. It’s very relaxing,” he added. I don’t want to talk to him so I decided to just nod and shut up. Right, it’s better to look than fight with him.

I decided to make myself comfortable and see the surroundings. Amazing, I didn’t notice the abrupt changes in Seoul. This doesn’t look familiar to me. Where did the years go? A curve unknowingly crept my lips. I was too fascinated by what I am seeing.

“Hello!” Chanyeol kept on waving to the people. He is such an attention seeker.

“Stop it, you’re embarrassing,” I lowered my head but he still kept on waving. I want to be invisible.

“Hello there, Ahjumma!” Chanyeol greeted a middle-aged woman… and the woman greeted back.

“Hey!” Chanyeol greeted some kids on the sidewalk and they waved back at him. He is really a very cheerful person. Amazing.

“Try it,” he told me.

“No,” I disapproved.

“Come on, try it. It’s not like they know you’re a COO of one of the biggest companies in Korea, try it,” he still asked me. I shut up and ignored him until he stopped near a public playground.

“Hi, kids!” he waved at the playing children, the children waved back at him.

“For Pete's sake, will you mind helping me?” he took off his helmet and continued talking to the kids.

“What are you doing?” I asked him but he ignored me and went off the motorcycle. I ended up following him.

“What is it hyung?” a cute little boy asked him.

“This noona right here is a twenty one year old…” he started. I don’t know why he needed to tell them my age.

“Twenty-one?!?” another kid approached Chanyeol and was counting using his small fingers.

“I know… it doesn’t look like it, but it’s true,” Chanyeol looked like he was apologizing.

“Excuse me?!” I put my hands on my waist and raised him an eyebrow.

“Hyung, is she mad?” the first boy asked so I put down my hands and smiled at the little boy.

“No. She’s just pretty bad with people,” Chanyeol lightly pinched the cheek of the kid. And that kid smiled, he even fell for that.

“…so? Will you assist me in helping her overcome that?” Chanyeol asked as more kids joined in.

“Chanyeol, stop it. Let them play, will you?” he ignored me.

“I’ll treat you some ice cream… is that a deal?” he was offering his hands to shake. Wow, he’s even dealing with a minor. That’s illegal!

“DEAL!” the kids one by one shook his hand.

“Noona, is hyung your boyfriend?” the ONCE cute little boy said. I’m starting to take what I said now. He’s as immature as Chanyeol, but I can’t blame this kid, he’s really a kid.

“No,” I said bluntly.

“Hyung, she’s scary,” I heard the same kid mumble so I creased my eyebrow. Chanyeol ruffled the kid’s hair and the kid grabbed Chanyeol’s hand.

“You coming?” he smiled at me and then he was dragged by the kid.

“YAHHH!!” he was motioning his right hand for me to follow, I ended up agreeing.

I sat on the swing and just observed every motion. I took my phone, geez! I forgot to tell Ms. Kim about this. I sent Ms. Kim a message, “—ahh!” I almost jumped from shock when I felt the swing move and saw that Chanyeol was there pushing the swing.

He tap my shoulder and I looked at him weirdly, “you’re it!”

 



Hooray for another chapter~! yeah! :DDD Post some love for me please <333 heehee~