HMS-5

Heart Made of Steel

It’s already been three days since the finalization of my proposal. I raised my head and closed my eyes. Ahhh, I am exhausted. It seems like the paperworks increase faster than I finish them. My dad’s been discharged from the hospital, but I insisted him staying at home for a couple more days. He said he's dying from thinking about the company, he rested for a day and got back from work. I ended up letting him be... he's very stubborn. He's my father after all.


“I’m getting tired, honey. But I'm happy you’re performing well, I can finally insure myself of a good life for you,” he suddenly held my hand. He’s being overly dramatic these days.

“Dad,” I pulled out from his grip, I don’t like these kind of conversations.

“Honey, tell me. Tell me what I should do for you to forgive your mo—“

She’s not!” I cut him off and even I shocked myself from doing what I just did. I stood up, lowered my head and crossed my arms.

“I’m sorry. You should rest dad.. I also should,” he closed his eyes and turned the opposite side from me. After awhile, I grabbed my things to leave.

As I left the room, I saw Director Park and his youngest son standing in front of Dad's room.

“Director Park," I greeted him fist once I got my composure back.

"And, Mr. Park,” I greeted him too.

“Sorry, we didn’t mean to eavesdrop. It was improper,” Director Park apologized and I just shook my head.

“Thank you for taking your time to visit my father. He will be really happy to see you. Then, I shall excuse myself,” I bowed my head again and Director Park just nodded.

I walked away. I checked my watch, quarter to eight. Ahhh. I’m tired, I need a massage. I checked my phone, what’s my schedule again? I need to meet up with Uncle Jaesuk tomorrow morning to help me talk to some suppliers. I also need to finish some papers.

 

“I miss your smiling face,” familiar voice.

“You never listen, do you?” I still kept on walking and he chuckled.

“That’s a good thing sometimes,” he's now walking beside me. He stretched his hands and placed them at the back of his head and then he winked at me. I couldn't help but to feel disgusted.

 “Ha!” he shouted and pointed at me with his index finger. I rolled my eyes.

“You just! You just!” he was almost jumping. Good thing, there's only a few people, mostly adults looking at us, but I was still starting to get uncomfortable.

“You—mmp—mmf—“ I hushed him by covering his mouth. He silenced himself, but I felt him smile since I’m covering his mouth. Crap! I’m covering his mouth. That means, I’m touching him! I immediately put my hands away from him.

“Mr. Park, this is a hospital. Please keep your tone in moderation. If you don’t have anything more to say, then I shall excuse myself. I am a very—“

“busy woman. Yada, yada, yada. Okay, I get it!” he motioned his hands as if he’s surrendering. This tall man in front of me, I don’t know if he got possessed by a kid. He’s more immature than a five year old.

“But you haven’t finished educating me. What’s lesson two?” he turned around to face me, and now he’s walking backwards.

“You have so much time in your hands Mr. Park?” I asked sarcastically.

“Not really. But I make time to those I find amusing,” he explained and blew his bangs again. That habit again!

“You find me amusing? You have bizarre taste,” I don’t get him. I am the complete opposite of amusing. I don’t even find my life any bit interesting.

“Really? That’s weird. I always thought I have good tas—aw!” he didn’t realize that he was approaching a wall, so he ended up hitting it. Head first. Fearless.

“Stop wasting your time on me, Mr. Park. I have nothing to offer you,” I stopped when I already saw my car.

“Ouch. Did I get dump?” he placed his right hand on his chest and acted as if he's in deep pain.

“From what I remember, it’s your head that got hit, not your heart. Please excuse me, I have to go,” I slightly bowed to him and he chuckled. I walked to my car.

“May I see you again?” he asked a little too loudly. I ignored him.

“Hey answer me! May I see you again? Please!!” he’s now shouting! He is absolutely annoying.

“No.” I shouted back. I looked for my keys so that I could open the door to my car.

“Okay then, looking forward to seeing you,” he shouted again and I turned around to face him.

“Haven’t you heard? I said no,” I crossed my arms and he just chuckled.

“I heard. But just like what you said, I never listen. See you then, miss beautiful.”

 

 



double update!! wee~ ^^

Again, thanks for kydelee of Heaven's Door for this wonderful, wonderful, wonderful poster!! <333