HMS-4

Heart Made of Steel

“Congratulations! I am expecting so much from this project of yours,” Director Park shook my hand after signing the contract. I finally won the bidding. I’ve done it!

“Thank you for giving me your time and trust. But this isn’t just my project sir. From now on, this is our project,” I bowed 90 degrees to him.

“Our project then,” he gave me a warm smile and I smiled back.

“Then, till our next meeting sir. I’ll be sending to you the blueprints once our architects' are finished with the design,” I told him while ushering him to the front gate where his driver and bodyguards are waiting. There were three cars waiting for him. I think the first and the third car included his bodyguards.

“I’ll be waiting then,” he lightly tap the side of my shoulders like what fathers normally do to their children to show them they’re proud of them. I smiled.

“Abbeoji!” Director Park and I glanced at the person who called him.

“Chanyeol-ah, what are you doing here?” he hugged Director Park upon seeing him. I don’t know, but hugging Director Park looks weird, even if it was his son who gave him the hug. And this wasn’t the Mr. Park that I’ve met two weeks ago. His hair’s a bit messy; he’s wearing a simple shirt, faded jeans, and a black pair of converse shoes.

“Nothing Abbeoji, I was just living the life when I saw your car so I decided to drop by,” he answered his father but his eyes were on me.

“Living the life? Goodness! You little rasc—“

“Hi again,” I was shocked when he cut Director Park by covering his mouth. I think I just crinkled my eyebrow. He is such an eyesore.

“Don’t worry, abbeoji must have missed me. Well then, I need to go. See you when I see you, miss beautiful,” and then before I know it, he held my hand and kissed the back of it. Then, he gave Director Park a peck on his left cheek before running towards his motorcycle.

“You! Stop! I told you not to drive those things! Hey! Goodness, that kid,” Director Park ranted.

“Oops, sorry for the action of my son. I guess I was a bad father, that’s why he turned out that way,” he apologized to me but I waved my hands to tell him it’s okay even if deep inside I really want to punch that son of his. He is really getting into my nerves!

“Tell me if he ever bothers you again, I’ll freeze his accounts,” he even raised his two eyebrows. I cracked a little from his remark. He is one of the most influential men in the industry but he’s got some humor.

“Okay then, I’m going to be late for another meeting,” he bid me goodbye and I stayed there until I can no longer see any trace of the three cars that serviced him.

I looked up in the sky. There were no clouds, just a wide sky blue horizon. I closed my eyes and smiled widely. I did it. I did—

“I always thought you don’t know how to smile,” my reflexes made me open my eyes from shock. I think electricity just flowed through my spine when I felt a hot breathing near my ear.

“Why did you stop smiling?” did he just ask me a stupid question. Right, what can I expect from a stupid person? I wrinkled my forehead and pushed him away.

“Aw, what was that for?” he looked more than stupid than he was seconds ago. I ignored him and walked the other direction.

“Anyway, I was here to apologize,” I halted from walking and looked back at him. He blew his bangs again. I’m getting annoyed with that habit of his.

“Uhm, s-s-sorry,” he said and avoided my gaze at once. He was scratching the back of his head, such a kid.

“Okay,” I said bluntly before I turned around again.

“Hey, hey! Wait!” he’s walking beside me.

“What do you need Mr. Park? Please make it quick, I am very busy,” I asked without looking at him.

“I heard you got the proposal. Let’s celebrate!” he grabbed my hand. There he goes with his touching again. I don’t feel comfortable with it to tell the truth.

“No,” I pulled my hand away and waited for the elevator.

“Oh come on! It was one hell of a deal. Treat me,” he gave off a weird stare.

“You have very little knowledge about me, Mr. Park,” I still managed to give him a polite smile.

“Then educate me,” he returned the smile.

Third floor…

“Okay then,” I said and he grinned widely.

Second floor... I looked at him plainly.

“Yes?” he asked me to continue.

Lesson one: I don’t celebrate.

First floor… the elevator door opened and I walked in.

Nice running into you Mr. Park, I hope this is the last time,” I bowed slightly leaving him there looking dumbfounded.

 

 



Okay, I'm confusing myself. I didn't intend this to be comical. But, yeah, I decided to put some humor 'cause I think that's how I really write. Anyways~

THANK YOU jjloves of FlowerBoys&FlowerGirls Shop for the cute poster!^^