HMS-7

Heart Made of Steel

 

Despite my disapproval, my father started working again. He’s too stubborn, and I don’t want to fight with him.

“Dad, why did you call for—“ I wasn’t able to finish when I saw two familiar faces.

“Director Park,” I greeted him and he smiled back.

“And this is—“

“Mr. Park, what are you doing here?” I cut what my dad was saying. He’s in corporate attire again.

“I told Abbeoji that I want to work and when he handed me the many proposals he has, I happen to choose this resort thing. I was surprised when Director Lee said it was your proposal, I think it was destiny,” he smiled again. A smile that only playboys could do. Work? Did I hear him right? He wants to work?!?

“But da—“ “Honey, from now on, you’ll be working with him,” now it was dad who interrupted me. He gestured and smiled at him. NOOOO!!

“Hello again. So when do I start?” he excused himself from the two and dragged me outside Appa’s office with him. He’s going to work. With me. In my first major project. I can just die!! Is he out of his friggin’ mind!!

“What do you want Park Chanyeol?! Tell me now, just don’t work with me,” I didn’t realize that from my irritation, I called him by his name. I waited but he did not reply so I stopped to look at him. He was surprised. NOW WHAT?!

“Hello?! Are you listening?!” I am really, really, really irritated and the next thing he did was to touch my cheek. I almost jumped from what he did.

"Oh my god you’re real!! You just! You just!” He jumped and jumped and looked like he has all the joy in this world. I think my eyebrows just formed a straight line. What is this creature? From what specie is he?

I walked faster to my office. “Hey wait, wait for me partner!” He ran towards me.

“Really, you never fail to annoy me,” I honestly told him when I saw him blowing his bangs again. There I said it, hooray!

“What did I do?” he asked looking so innocently. Should I tell him I get annoyed with his odd habit, that’s stupid. Besides, if I know, he’ll just tease me since I observed a habit of his.

“Nothing. But your mere presence annoys me,” I smiled sarcastically.

“Woah, you’re harsh,” I rolled my eyes and he chuckled.

“What?” I raised my eyebrow and he laughed lightly.

“Wow, you’re even perfect when you get irritated... I like it,” he’s one sweet-talker. Poor, it doesn’t work for me.


 

It has been five days since this kid trapped in a man’s body called Park Chanyeol became my working partner. In short it has been five days of hell. But I ended up accepting him. What choice do I have? Director Park is his father and I need them as my investor. Win-Win, I think of it that way. I’m sure he’ll get tired with this job sooner or later anyway.

I didn’t expect him to survive this long though. I think I underestimated him... somehow. And to tell the truth, he is intelligent. One time he got bored he asked if he could borrow the daily newspaper. Next thing I know, he was answering the crossword puzzle and he finished it shortly. Why can’t he put his brain to good use?

“Yaahh! look at this,” he was twirling his ballpen since forever. “Please stop using informal language Mr. Park, you are in my office” I told him.

“Then call me Chanyeol,” he keeps on twirling his ballpen.

“I don’t like informality,” I reminded him.

“I don’t like FORMALITY,” he’s mocking me. Fine.

“Keep doing what delights you then, I’ll do what I like,” I told him while focusing on my laptop. I’ve got to finish this and I’m still meeting Mr. Kim for the new blueprints.

“You should know when to have fun. All work and no play will shorten your life,” now he’s banging his head playing with two ballpens. It’s as if he’s playing drums in a thin air.

“I love my life,” I corrected him.

“Your life is boring,” he wants to believe what he wants to say.

“That’s what I kept on telling you. So… aren’t you tired of working? I suggest you go back to your old life. Partying, clubbing, drinking, doing everything that’s good for nothing. That suits you better,” I told him frankly. I just realize he stopped playing with his ballpens.

He stood up from his seat. “You are definitely smart. You even know how to hurt a person,” Dead air… I think I just stopped breathing for another minute. His head was lowered as he turned around. I know I went overboard. Should I say sorry? Should I take it back?

“Mr. Park, I—“ the door of my office opened.

“Ms. Lee,” I saw Mr. Kim, and the other left without any word.

“Is he…okay?” he gestured Mr. Park.

 

 



Hohoho! Chanyeol got offended.~ See you on the next chapter. I double-updated! and hello there milkTL, cklovinexo! thanks for your wonderful comments. Please continue making me happy! :DDD