HMS-2

Heart Made of Steel

It only takes five seconds to make an impression.

He’s in a white polo—the classic style that gives everyone the first impression that he is an elite bachelor. An Armani coat, silver rolex watch that accentuate his long fingers. It seems like he never worked in this lifetime. And I'm hinting he's wearing a pair of Bertulis.

But the argument is valid only if a person has no idea about the person he or she is meeting. I know him… I’ve searched about everything related to their family. This is business, and in reality, business is personal.

“Mr. Park any clarifications?” I asked in a professional voice. “I don’t like formality, it gives me chills. Just call me Chanyeol,” he smiled as he stood from his seat.

“I don’t like informality, it makes me look unprofessional. Any clarification’s Mr. Park?” I asked again with a forced smile on my face.

 “Nope, where’s my pen?” he looked confused but then he smiled before asking his executive assistant for his pen. “Where do I sign?” he walked closer to me. “Mr. Park, a sign from your dad is what I wanted,” I sarcastically said. “Doesn’t matter, my sign’s as good as his,” he leaned a little bit closer.

This is getting on my nerves. For the past minutes, he wasn’t paying any attention. I bet he doesn’t even have any idea how big this proposal is, not only for our company, but for theirs as well. “Your sign,” I mimicked but in a sarcastic tone. He crinkled his nose but he smiled it away again.

“I don’t mind you letting me treat you for lunch,” he stood straight now. Good, I can’t stand his perfume, it’s the strong ones. Very cassanova. He doesn’t even know that scents are subjective. In corporate world, the lesser, the better.

“I play fair Mr. Park. Even if I have 200 percent faith in my proposal, I want the same percent of faith from our investors,” I stood from my seat as well. I can’t believe I spent 40 minutes of my precious time trying to win a proposal from an ignorant proxy.

“Are you underestimating me?” he was now smirking, but his head was bowed down.

“No, Mr. Park. Spending my precious 40 minutes in presenting to you my proposal, knowing this will happen in the end, it’s really that I overestimated you,” I slightly bowed my head to excuse myself until he chuckled. I looked at him and he smirked. AGAIN.

“Fine then. I was just trying to make it easier for you. Besides, it’s your first major project as a COO,” he blew his bangs and walked in front of me. I clenched my fist, what the hell was that? And how did he know this is my first major project?

But no. I did not give up this proposal, I just have to make another appointment with Director Park—directly to Director Park Chanjo, flesh and soul.

“That’s my calling card. I’m still looking forward for that lunch date,” he held my left hand and before he could kiss the back of it again, I pulled away. “It was nice meeting you too, Mr. Park,” I slightly bowed to him.

“You are one very amusing woman..." he lowered his head to meet my eye level and narrowed his eyes. When he realize I wasn't a bit interested in what he was doing, he smiled and stood staight again. "Then, see you when I see you,” he blew his bangs again and then raised his right hand slightly to motion that he’s leaving. I watched him leave the room while his three executives followed him.

 

 



How was the second chapter?? :)