HMS - 26

Heart Made of Steel

It’s a Friday in the afternoon, and if there is anything that I should be feeling, I’m sure it isn’t good. Because today, I decided to once and for all end it with Joonmyun. Was it because of that annoying Chanyeol? Though we have been going out as friends with a lot of holding hands, hugs and kisses, I really have no idea what we really are. He said that I should just tell him if I want to be with him to make us official, but he’s never asked me the same question since. What does he expect of me? I’m still the woman here.

“Hey,” Joonmyun’s gentle touch on my right shoulder jerked the hell out of me.

“Joonmyun,” I started when I saw the sudden shock from his eyes. I have not really absorbed anything he’s said since I’ve taken my seat. What I’m sure is that I’m only thinking of the right way to break up with him in the right manner, if that’s even possible.

“hm?” he asked with a worried tone. I think I’ve given him the impression that whatever I’m about to tell him is anything but good news.

“I’m really happy when you’re around. You’re such a gentleman, and you’re the best kind of gentleman that I’ve met…” I paused to take a short, calming breath.

“Thanks,” he smiled, but I’m hinting from his tone that he’s unsure whether I’m actually complimenting him or if I’m just lifting his mood up a little before I break something bigger.

“I just—I don’t think,” I heaved a sigh, and before I could think of anything, my body reacted first and I found myself getting off of my seat to hug him.

“I hate to do this Joonmyun, you don’t have any idea. I really want us to work, I thought I could. I thought we were possible. We were, actually. You were the best for me,” I nearly choke upon uttering the last sentence and I paused to continue whatever I wanted to say because I just couldn’t continue explaining when I know in the end, I couldn’t solve this.

“Are you breaking up with me?” after what seemed like an eternity, he finally spoke. Frozen still, I couldn’t utter a single word. Instead, I hugged him more tightly… and soon, he hugged me back.

He was the first one to pull away from our embrace, but I still couldn’t face him. It has been a piece of cake to end up with ‘those’ people who my dad introduced me to, because I was never official with any of them. “Friends?” the same poised man with the same composed voice offered his hand for me. It was my turn to finally lift my head and gaze my eyes on him, studying if there is any hint of bitterness in his eyes. I couldn’t tell.

So he is also a complicated piece of mystery. I closely scan his face again, and maybe for the last time, a pair of perfect brown eyes and an all-too-familiar smile flashed before me—THE KIM JOONMYUN. Flesh and Soul. The Kim Joonmyun who is almost like him, except for the fact that I did not find myself wanting to decode the former.

I nodded and granted him a genuine smile. “That’s really thoughtful of you,” I shook his hand for a couple of seconds and we both stood up. Joonmyun called a certain waiter for him to finally pay our meal. Heaven knows, we can’t stay here with all eyes watching.

“Let me pay this time,” I said but he declined. But with persistence and unending insisting, I won over him, and finally paid for our last lunch date as each others’ fiancé.

“I’ll see you around then?” he asked me before walking me back to my family’s company.

“Yes, Joonmyun. I’d really love that.” I nodded and smiled at him apologetically.

“I won’t tell you I’m a hundred-percent okay because I got dumped. But I’m really sincere when I told you to stay as my friend. I work better with friends, remember?” He waved his hand when I smiled at him again. He then turned his heel to walk back to his car, and that time I decided to stay until I can no longer see his vehicle.

For another couple of minutes, I found myself staring at the empty space, thinking of everything he has said to me. I concluded I was right all along—Joonmyun is the best choice. Even my wise brain would tell me how stupid I am for letting him go… but I don’t feel that bad anymore. What’s more, I felt some relief. Like I’ve finally cut a certain string that’s holding me back.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Oh my gosh! I’m late, sorry!” I find myself apologizing while catching for some air. I’m late for thirty minutes because I got stuck in the traffic, and here I am now, panting from running for all my life because I have never been late. NEVER.

Silence and an amused grin were the reply I, unbelievably, got. “What?” I automatically raised my left eyebrow because 1) I don’t get it why he’s looking so amused, 2) shouldn’t he just answer me directly 3) why is he making me so uncomfortable in a very confusing way and 4) the last time I checked, he isn’t this handsome. But I quickly collected myself once I remembered I’m at fault because I’m late.

“Nothing,” he slowly shook his head while walking towards me, still with his gorgeous smile plastered on his too handsome face, and are his hands in his pockets? I felt myself tremble instantly when he’s strong scent washed over me, and I realized we’re finally just a little of feet away from each other.

“And I forgive you,” he leaned closer to me, his face tilted to the side, and soon his lips landed on mine. I felt myself shiver as he finally held my cheeks with his right hand and he pulled me closer to him by wrapping his free hand around my waist.

“You—don’t—play—fair” I managed to utter in between our locking lips, but then he kissed me again before pulling away from me with only a distance of one inch or two, our foreheads and noses still touching.

“I’m Park Chanyeol, of course I won’t,” he shook his head while smiling and gave me another peck on my lips. I felt my cheeks becoming hotter each and every second. His mere presence sends chills down my spine.

He took my hand and led me to his dining hall. An appetizing aroma of food greeted my nostrils as my eyes automatically landed on the various mouth-watering cuisines carefully placed in a range of Pyrex.

“I won’t be surprised if you ask for my hand in marriage after eating dinner with me,” the witty statement of this skyscraper led me back to earth.

“Shut up and let’s eat. I’m hungry,” I didn’t even know I was the one to lead him towards the dining table. I tried a little of everything and I could not believe Chanyeol is such a great cook. This is the first time I tried his cooking, and it’s pretty hard to admit how great of a cook he is—even better than me. Darn it! And just a little trivia, I’m no longer a vegetarian. Being? with Chanyeol for over a month taught me the brighter other-side of the food chain. Though, I still can’t eat a meal without anything green.

“Is it tasty?” Chanyeol finally asked me after taking a sip of his red wine. My mouth is still half-full so I just nodded and smiled at him in response. He returned me a proud smile and he returned to eating dinner.

After dinner, I decided to clean the dishes while he’s leaning at the side of the counter looking at me. Maybe he’s trying to examine if I’m doing well with regards to washing dishes. Of course I am.

“So, how was your vacation?” I finally asked him. Chanyeol just returned from Busan—philantrophist duties. He admitted it’s one of his reasons for being quite busy, and even if he won’t admit it, she’s part of his visits. In time, I learned to accept his decision, and at some point, I find myself asking about her and her family.

“It was fun. This time, I went to see a center for cancer patients. Kids, specifically,” he said while trailing behind me towards his living room. We sat on his sofa beside each other for a brief moment, before he decided for himself to rest his head on my thighs.

“Hey Chanyeol,” I run my hands through his hair while he keeps his eyes closed.

“mm?” he asked for me to continue.

“You’re such a great person, you know that?” I said sincerely, which made him open his eyes. I looked back at him with intensity in my eyes and for him to know I mean what I said.

“You’ll be amazed to know that maybe I’m just doing it to offset the heartbreaks I gave to those women?” he was trying to crack his joke, but I just pursed my lips and rolled my eyes.

“Whatever. You’re still great. I just want you to know that,” I managed to say before leaning close to his face and kiss him. He was surprised by my sudden action, it’s obvious from his face. It’s usually him to insist our kisses, but this time I didn’t care anymore.

“You are,” I repeated before deciding to pull myself back up. But before I could even lift the upper-part of my body, Chanyeol’s left arm was wrapped around my neck while his right hand’s cupping my face to pull it back closer to his face, and we found ourselves kissing each other again.

Soon, my hands traveled from his hair to his jaw line to his broad shoulders. He lifted me when he lifted himself up from lying on my thighs. Even in that moment, we didn’t find our lips parting from each other. He was hungry for my kisses and the feeling was mutual.

The time when he finally pulled his lips away from mine, he travelled to kiss my nose, my cheeks, my temple. His lips trailed my jaw line until I felt him softly biting my earlobe, earning thousands of electricity escaping every part of my body. I groan and I felt his lips curled to a smile.

We were now standing on our feet. How we end up this way, I don’t have any bit of idea. And how Chanyeol ended up being half-, that’s a question I knew I’d never be able to answer sooner or later. All I know was that Chanyeol started to effortlessly lift me as I wrap my legs around his upper thighs and my arms around his neck. He’s carrying me with his right arm embracing my waist and his left hand supporting my behind. He carried me towards his room while showering my neck endless kisses and maybe leaving a mark of his manliness when I felt him my soft spot. Then, I felt more light-headed than ever.

Next thing I now, he’s lying me down, gently on his warm comforter. The smell of the all-too familiar strong scent of mr. playboy lies even in his sheets, I am once again intoxicated.

“What are you doing?” those stupid words immediately escaped my mouth when his lips left my mouth. His tongue tasted like red wine and I would question myself if I’m also under the influence.

Loving you.” he whispered on my ears, his warm breath making me crazier every second as he intertwined his fingers between mine. He kissed my hair then he lowered himself as he kissed the visible part of my collar bones.

“Am I going to regret this?” I wanted for him to answer the question even if I know the answer myself. I want him now; I want him for myself; and I want him so badly considering we aren’t even together. The last time I checked we were friends. What are we now?

He raised himself up a little to level with my eye as he pressed his forehead against mine, our nose merely brushing. “Just try,” his tone was pleading as his eyes gave off a greater intensity, and he was waiting for a response. I stared back at the eyes of the person in front of me who keeps on telling me he loves me, but never asked me the same question I’m waiting for him to ask again after my break-up with Joonmyun.

We are technically not a thing, and I have never been in this kind of dilemma since my world began. In front of me is the Park Chanyeol every woman I know desires about. The playboy Park Chanyeol who ended up tearing hundred hearts. And I know I will not be an exception. And I know this is justplainsimple wrong. But I want this destructive mistake in front of me, telling me he loves me every single day. I should have backed out before more damage can be done, and I am seriously stupidstupidstupid to be here. And I am seriously more than stupidstupidstupid to still be here. I bit the bottom of my lips as I guided his hands to pull my shirt up.

 

 

 

 

I woke up in the strong arms of a sleeping Chanyeol. His hair falls widely on his face, covering one of his eyes. I reached my hand to trace his face and I softly giggled when he creased his forehead when my thumb travelled his lips. They looked somewhat swollen and I wanted to check myself if mine are in the same condition. His head shifted for some considerable degree and my eyes fixated on the diminutive red spot on the side of his neck. I gape upon realizing it was my own doing.

After another couple of minutes, Chanyeol shifted his whole body in a way that he is actually facing me. Unconsciously, he wrapped his free arm around me and I asked him if he was just playing with me. Recognizing he wasn’t responding to my accusations, it occurred to me that he was still sleeping, which made me remember the first time I examined him sleeping on his sofa, embracing one of his pillows like his life depended on it.

The ring of his mobile phone woke him up from his deep slumber, and the half-awake-half-asleep Chanyeol stretched his arms towards his bedside desk to answer the call. I found it adorable when he looked like a robot answering his phone because his eyes were still closed.

“Hello.” his sluggish voice echoed as I watch him fully wake up. He squinted before finally realizing I’m lying beside him as he completely shifted his focus on me.

“Listen Kai, just call Sehun. I’m busy right now. Bye.” He quickly ended the call and placed it back on his desk without his eyes breaking the contact with mine. “Hey, you’re awake?” he flashed me a smile while tucking some locks of my hair behind my ear.

“You’re busy?” I managed to ask him instead while suppressing a smile—I failed. He nodded as he leaned closer to my face and then he gave me a quick peck on the lips. That sudden gesture made hundreds of volts electrifying every part of my body. When I turned to look at him, I could see a tint of pink coloring his cheeks. So the great Park Chanyeol could be embarrassed at times, I see.

For another minute, it transpired to me that we were both bareuncovered. My eyes found their way to scrutinize admire his toned body. I bit my lower lip out of consciousness, but he immediately stole from me a more heated kiss.

“Does it hurt?” He slowly asked once his face was FINALLY more than five inches away from my face. It was my time to turn crimson pink. I realized I was too overwhelmed with the man beside me that I failed to sense the sore sensation at the lower-half of my body. I just nodded in reply.

“I’m sorry, I really tried to be as gentle as possible.” He replied with worry in his  face and I said ‘it’s fine’ and he said ‘wait here’ before I realized him standing up from the bed, my heart fluttering, cheeks burning at the mindful sight of his entirety. Chanyeol exited his room, but my mind was left lingering at the breathtaking view I just saw. His perfect body is commendable, and the owner obviously takes a lot of confidence from it.

After some five minutes, Chanyeol returned and now in his boxers. He’s carrying a glass of water on his left hand and one of his oversized shirts on his right. He handed me first the oversized shirt as he sat on the bedside, his side facing me. I managed to sit after wearing his shirt and then he handed me two tablets of advil and the glass of water.

“Does it still hurt?” He asked with concern and I told him I’ll be totally fine with the help of the painkiller, so he just nodded while smiling apologetically. I fought so hard to keep myself from staring at his abs, but his smirk was my conclusion that I failed.

“What?” I rolled my eyes at him and playfully pinched his cheeks. He grinned wildly and told me to stop because his cheeks are in pain.

“By the way, I’ll be leaving again for Busan tomorrow.” He started, and I admit I was surprised when he said that.

“But you just returned from there?” I wanted to slap myself for failing to hide my disappointed tone. I knew then I’d receive a rather bemused look from him, so I looked away. He moved his face so that we’ll be facing each other again, so I turned to the other direction only to know that he’d follow me again.

“Stop,” I pushed his face away with my right hand but both of his hands caught it before I could pull it away, and he playfully chuckled.

“Why? You don’t want me to leave?” he was playing with me again, but this time I’m in no mood of playing with him so I honestly said, “Yes, I don’t want you to leave. Now, will that make you stay?” I raised my eyebrow at him who ended up looking dumbfounded. I knew he was expecting a different response from me.

“You’re already booked, anyway. Why do you still ask me that question?” I pulled my captured hand away from his hands and lay down on his bed, my back facing him.

“Hey…” he tenderly squeezed my shoulders, but I decided to start giving him the cold treatment.

“I’ll be back on Thursday, I promise.” this time, I felt him lay himself to bed while he wraps his arms around my waist.

“You can do what you please Chanyeol.” I said monotonously, but his strong arms managed to spin me around and make me face him.

“Wanna go with me?” he offered and I just shook my head as my only response.

“I won’t look at any other woman, I swear.” I just snorted at his lame bargain. It’s an unwritten contract, though I realize he isn’t even my boyfriend. We are friends… this time, with benefits.

“Don’t be mad at me. I can’t leave with you like that,” he uttered but I still give him the silent treatment.

“Don’t do that,” he said out-of-the-blue.

“Do what?” I replied with an annoyed tone.

“You’re pouting your lips. I can’t concentrate,” He said and I defended myself and told him it’s just his imagination.

“You’re doing it again!” he sounded like he’s panicking so this time, I told him it’s my business.

“I’ll be back on Thursday.” He concluded and with that our little discussion was left unsolved. I just nodded because it’s his life and he can do anything he wants with it, the same way I can do whatever I want with my life.

“And I’m going to kiss you right now. Heaven’s forgive me, but you’re just so distracting.” He said in a troubled but playful tone as he pressed his lips against mine and I’m not mad at him anymore. I realized I find myself smiling in between our kisses.

“You’re so unfair.” I managed to say when he pulled away and he laughed and so I quickly enveloped my arms around his neck and kissed him again, but this time, without holding anything back.

 



 

BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY PARK CHANYEOL <3333