3 Years Later

Strangers with Memories. (ON HIATUS!)

"Seon saeng nim! Can you please help me!"
"Of course, Haneul just wait a minute.", he smiled.
"Seon saeng nim, I need help to!"
"One moment, Sam Dong."
"How do I throw this ball, seon saeng nim!"
"Hyun Shik..."
"Seon saeng nim!"
"I said one moment Sam Dong."
"Seon Saeng nim!"
"Seon Saeng nim!"
"Seon Saeng nim..."

"ENOUGH!", he yelled. Immediatelly the kids shut up. He sighed in relief.
"Listen kids. I can't help any of you, if you keep calling my name, when I am about to help someone else."

The kids pouted.

"I need to help everyone, so everyone needs his special attention, isn't it?", he asked.

They nodded.

"But you know what?"

The kids looked confused to him.

"Today we've done enough. Do you want to play a game? I'll let you choose.", he smiled at the kids.

They looked at each other, then they began to smile brightly. Haneul lifted her hand.

"Yes, Haneul? What's your idea?"

"Actually, we don't want to play a game, seon saeng nim.", she said shyly. He lited an eyebrow. "Then what would you like to do?", he asked.

"We uhm...", his 11 year old hak-saeng, looked down on her lap. "Actually...we would like to listen to your history again."

His eyes wided in surprise.

"History?"

"The history about a boy who lost his big love."

Bang Yongguk smiled at the kids. 


"I already told you this story, like 1000 times and you still wanna here it?"

They all nodded excited. He sighed. "Ok, sit down."

He and his kids were in the gym, so they all had to sit down on the ground.

"Let's see...hmm..where do I start..."

"How they met!", said Haneul. He smiled again and started his story.

"They boy and the girl met each other in a random place. The boy tried to improve his rapping skills, so he went to a construction zone. He wanted to be in peace while he practised. But something was bothering him. He didn't knew what it was, but he elt strange. So he walked a bit around and saw suddenly a little girl sitting in Ditch. She was like 8 years old. She couldn't get out. He help her and brought her home. In front of her house, he waited until she would get in, but she stood there. She didn't moved an inch. Aaah and she didn't had any shoes on."

He chuckled.

"They boy asked her what was wrong but she kept quiet. He looked down on her and thought she was really adorable. He looked around the neightborhood and noticed that it was one of the old and dirty in Seoul. He looked again down on her and saw her bruises. It was obvious that someone hit her. I told her I would stay with her until she wants to go inside, and since this time they became friends."

"Go on!", Haneul cheered. Everyone looked at her. "I mean...please.", she smiled shyly.

"Arasso, arasso. Anyway after some years, they became very close. She became his best friend, but also from the beginning he was in love with her. But how could he love? She was so young. She was 7 years younger than him. So he always tried to keep a distance until she went 15. She had become a really woman, and just like men are, he began to see her in a different way. Just more than a friend. He always tried to avoid the fact, that one day he should confess. He was afraid that she would rejecting him and they're friendship would be broken apart. But then, she was the one who confessed and it was the joyfulst moment in his life."

He smiled to himself.

But then his face began darken and he looked straight forward.

"But then she broke up with him. He didn't knew what to do. He really suffered a lot. Sometimes they met each other but she refused talking to him. One day they met in a chamber and they were locked. He found out, that she wanted to leave korea and didn't wanted to hurt him by making this choice. But this wasn't the only reason. He was sure about that, but didn't had any oppertunity to ask her, because someone opened the chamber and she ran away. He ran after her, but..."

Yongguk stopped. The past was still painful or him. He continued walking after some breaths.

"He found her lying on the ground. She had an accident righ away. He went with a..." He made a fist. "Known guy to the hospital. They both found out that the girl had lost her memories. The boy who felt in love with her couldn't handle it and was outside. He was drinking water and tried to recover from the shock. When he came back. The nurses told him, to go home, because the girl would need to rest. It wouldn't be good if a guy, she don't remember would be in the same room with her. So he had to go."

He stopped again and looked down on his lap.

"Then everything was going fast. He came back the next day, but the nurses and the doctor said that they don't know the girl. He was absolutly shock. He talked to the same doctor who operated her only days ago, but he pretended that he didn't knew him and never heard from the girl. He pleaded the doctor to tell him where she was  but he capet on beeing stubborn and pretend never heard from the girl. He freaked out and threatened the doctor and the nurses, so they kicked him out of the building. He conected the police but they refrained helping him, because he was a low guy, who already had some problems with the law. 
He went to her house, but it was compleatly burned. You couldn't even see, that this burned thing was a house. 
Then he remembered the...the known guy... and tried to find him. In school, outside, in clubs, in bars, also a bit out of Seoul. But nothing. It was like the guy had never lived...neither the big love of the guy."

He sighed.

"He really loves her. He loves everything from her. Her smile, her laugh. How she liked to curse. How she yelled or talked loud. How she faced everyone. It didn't matter it was a boy or a girl. How she loved to eat. Especially Kimchi. It didn't mater what kind of Kimchi. When she drank her favorite drink. Frappachino. They boy didn't liked it, but she loved this whole thing. Full with cream and chocolate. How easily she got angry. How much she hated it, when you told her that she soon had to do a diet. But she wasn't fat. Not at all. She was perect, it was just funny to . How she pressed her lips in a small line when she tried to came down from something that really upset her. How she always used before her brain, and the most special thing..."

Yongguk began to beam.

"How she danced. My goodness, she knew how to dance. She danced every type. Once she danced hip hop, then she danced ballet. Although she was really good in hip hop, she was a pro in ballet. Her dance...her dance was just breathtaking. It made you stunned or joining in. She was just perfect when she danced...just perfect..."

When he didn't contiuned, one of the kids called him: "Seon saeng nim, please go on."

Yongguk smiled slowly disappeared.

"He looked for her. More than one year, but it didn't helped. He became depressed and began to drink much. He was almost all the time drunk. He failed his final exams and became a wreck." He shook his head from the memorie.
"But then one of his friends came to him, and began to beat him up. While his friend was punching him all over his face, he yelled at him, to not let himself go, to become strong again. He should be ashamed of himself. His friend insulted him with the worst words ever. But only one thing really had an affection." He breathed in and gave the exactly words from Himchan back: "She'll come back. I'm absolutly sure she'll come back. But when she comes and sees you like this...she would immediately ran away again." *Himchan my stupid bestfriend."

Yongguk sighed again.

"So he had to came back to earth. He had to stop drinking. He had to return to his life and do something with it. And he did. And until now, he's waiting for his love. Years had passed, but he's still waiting, because he's sure, one day, she'll stay infront of him, with open arms and say: 'Yah! Give me a hug or I'll end you, you big old pabo.'"

The kids began to giggle. So did he.

"Ok, you're dismissed class!", the kids stood up and began to walk to their lockers. Yongguk also made his way to the locker room, when he heard a call. "Seon Saeng nim!", Haneul ran towards him.
He looked down to her. "Yes?"

"I really like your story.", she said shyly. "I really hope or the guy, that she'll come back soon."

Yongguk softened. Also he wasn't allowed to prefer any student, he liked Haneul the most. She was a kind, shy girl who loved to listen to stories.

"So do I, Haneul. But go now, or you'll come late or the next lesson.", he smiled and she smiled widely back. She waved and disappeard in her lockers room.



After changing, Yongguk went to the staff room and wrote some ideas for his next lesson down.
He thought about a basketball game, where the looser had to do 3 pushups, when the principal started to announce something.

"Can I may have your attention please!", he started. Every eye was now fixed at him.
"So, like I told you few months ago, we'll have a new subject in this school. The subject Chinese. Chinese has become a very powerful state and it would be one of the best thing, when already our young hak-saeng would learn their languages. They would be already good in speaking chinese if they get to college and there wouldn't be any more problems. Anyway I want to introduce our new Chinese teachers. 3 wondeful women who came all the way from China to Seoul. They are original Korean but settled down there. Ok, enough talking let's bring them in here."

He went to the door and opend it. Yongguk focused his gaze again to his notes. *Or maybe 10 pushups...*

"Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Lee Ah Jin." Yongguk didn't even looked up. He didn't had any interested in these new women. No, he didn't had any interest in any person, apart from his class.
"Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Kim Shin Hee."
"Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Park Young Haneul."

"We are the new chinese teacher here. Please, treat us well." Yongguk heard some teachers clapping their hands but he still didn't looked up.

"Great. Madames, you can have a sit and prepare for your class."

Yongguk heard the women agreeing and heard their footsteps.
"Do you mind if I sit here?", he heard a femal voice. Obviously one of the chinese women. He didn't even bothered looking up and nodded.
"Thank you.", she said politly and sit down.
He was still thinking what he should do with his class, when he heard the voice say: "Anyway, my name is Park Young Haneul. It's nice to meet you.", she introduced herself.
"Bang Yongguk.", he gave back, without looking up.
"So Mister Bang, what's your subject?"
"Sports."
"Oh really? What kind of?"
"Every kind of."
"Any special things?"
"Basketball."
"Ah, I see."
It has become silent. Yongguk still focused on his notes.
"Mister Bang, I don't want to listen strange but...I would be very pleased if you would look at me, at least when you talk to me."
"Yeah, and I would be pleased if you wouldn't bother me. Can't you see? I'm busy."
"You're really unfriendly, you know that?", she said angry.
"Blame yourself. You talked to me, not the other way around. And shoo, no, you bother me."
"I'm sorry, that I'm bothering you, but at least you could be so friendly and just say it in a respectul way."
"Why should I? From only your voice I can say, I'm older. So why should I be respectful."
"Ok, listen, you stupid idiot, I don't give a , if you're older than me or not. At least you could be also respectful as I am, but if you think, behaving like a jackass, would bring something, you're definitly wrong.", she hissed.

Now Yongguk was angry. Who the hell the woman thought, she is? 
He looked up. "Listen!", he began, but stoped and fell from his chair.

He was looking up in the angry face of Katara.



3 years. 3 freaking years, he didn't saw her face. And now, she was sitting infront of him, with an angry face. 
Slowly he stood up.
His gaze was so full of intention, that Katara didn't felt well anymore.
"Why are you looking like this at me? I didn't pushed you from the chair."
Yongguk didn't said a thing. He was still looking at Katara. 

She hadn't changed. Not a bit. Her her was still short, her eyes were still big and brown. Her cheeks were still puffy.

And there she was looking and talking to Yongguk, like she has never saw him before.

"Ok, I think I better leave.", she stood up, but Yongguk hold her arm immediately.

She looked at him surprised.

He didn't said a thing. He couldn't believe, that his one and only love, was now standing infront o him. After 3 long years of pain and tears.

"I thought, I shouldn't bother you anymore.",she gave back with a raised eyebrow. He still didn't said a thing, so she sighed.

"Ok, I'll take my leave now."

"Don't go...", Yongguk whispered.

"What?", Katara, wasn't sure, i she heard right.

"Don't go.", he looked into her eyes and shocked she noticed that he man infront o her had some tears in his eyes.

"Hey, hey.", she patted his shoulder. "I'm sorry, when I insulted you too harsh. I didn't tought, you were that sensitive. Me and my stupid mouth. I'm sorry.", she apologized.


"Young Haneul, the classes are starting.", one of the other chinese teacher called.
"Coming!", she said. She looked back to Yongguk. She bowed down. "I'm sorry. I won't insult you anymore. This was disrespectful. I hope we can start new.", she smiled unsure.

*I really missed this smile*

"After school."
"Huh?", Katara, didn't get, what Yongguk meant.
"Please meet ma after school."
"Why?"
He was trying to find a fast excuse. "You wanted to start new, so let's meet after school to make up."
"Well..."
"Park Young Haneul!", called the same voice.
"I'm coming.", she yelled back. Then she turned to Yongguk. "Arasso. But I won't have that much time."
"That doesn't matter, just be there Katara."
"Omo. How did you call me?"

"Katara. Why?", he asked a bit amused.
"Because my name is Park Young Haneul and not Kata."
"Katara.", Yongguk corrected.
"Yeah, what ever.", then she put her hand over . "My goodness, I'm doing it again. I'm sorry. I'm again disrespectul."
"It's ok.", Yongguk smiled.

It was strange or Katara to see him smiling like that, but she didn't had the time, to think much about it. She had to go.

"Ok, I'll see you after school, teacher Bang.", she bowed down and ran of.

*I really hope this isn't a dream, or I'll kill myself.*



After 4 more hourse the school ended.

Yongguk waited infront of the gate for Katara. 20 minutes already had passed. *Did I dream her appearence?*

"Teacher Bang!", Yongguk heard a voice. He looked to his let and saw a waving Katara. *Thank god. I didn't."

"Hello. I hope you're not angry anymore teacher Bang."
"Hello, no I'm not."

It became silent. It was an akward silence.

"So...how was your day?", she asked.
"It was ok, and yours?"
"Absolutly interesting! I didn't knew that the kids in Korea had so much energy."
"How does it come, that you are from Korea, but don't know Korean kids?"
"How told you, I'm korean?"
"uuuhm...the principal...when..when he introduced you."
"Oh really, he did? Hmmm...how can I explain.."
"HANNIE!", a male voice called.

Yongguk looked to his right and saw an silver ferrari on the street. A man sitting on the car hood.
She waved her hand. "Come here, I wanna introduce you someone.", she waved her hand to the male.

He took some steps and came out from the dark. He stoped when he saw me and I gasped.

Daehyun was looking shocked into my eyes.

He got out of his daze and walked fastly towards Katara.

He took her hand in his, but his gaze was still at me.

"May I introduce you someone teacher Bang?", she smiled at me than looked happily to Daehyun.

"This is Jung Daehyun.", she interwinded their hands. 

"My fiance.", she said full of love.