Locked

Strangers with Memories. (ON HIATUS!)

I hated Daehyun. Really. Why didn't he told me anything, why?

"Stupid idiot.", I shouted and kicked my chair. "Why is everyone lying or leaving me?" I kicked it again.

While I was putting my anger on the chair, my phone began to rang. 

"Hello?", I asked pissed.
"Katara." I was my boss. "Do I bother you?"
"Oh no, no. I'm sorry, I'm just...uhm a bit stressed."
"Oh. I'm sorry that I bother you but the principal of the T.S.E Collage called. He said that you did a really good job."

Right now, I really didn't gave a . But I had to be friendly.

"Thank you."
"Oh and he said that you left your ID in the broom closet."

I already hated that day, but it became worse. I had to go to the school again. And I would maybe see Daehyun again...or Yongguk. And I really didn't had the power to face them.

"Thank you sir."
"Uhm..yes, no problem. Ah do you..."

I already hang up. I was pissed and mad. Everything was wrong. I wanted to speak with someone, but I couldn't. Himchan and Jongup were my friends, but we also weren't that closed. Yongguk and I broke up and it would only become harder to leave him, when I would begging him to take me back. And Daehyun...I would just kill him.

I went outside and looked around again. No one on the street, only me again. *Sad.*


The lesson already began so I wasn't afraid to meet one of my 'friends' or Yongguk.
I went to the principal office and knocked.
"Come in.", he called. I came in and bowed down. "Ah, Katara!"
"Miss Park.", I gave back. He stood there dumbfounded. "You called my boss. You said that I forgot my ID in the broom closet."
"Oh, uhm, yes."
"I can I have it?"
"Uhm..yes, but it's still in the broom closet."

I thought about beating this man up.

I bowed down again and left the office. Since he kicked me out of school, I really hated him. It seemed like he tried to make friends with me, when he said my name instead to speak with me formal.
The broom closet was behind the schoolyard. While I was walking I saw some guys playing football on the football field. The yelled and shout to get the ball.
I wanted to sit down and watch the game, but then I remembered how much I was bullied here. They would only making fun of me because I'm a worker in a restaurant now. They would only laugh at me.
*No one cares about you Katara, so why should you care.*, so I passed rapidly and went to the broom closet.

The broom closet was very small so I looked very clearfully around. "Where the heck is it?", I currsed. I was already searching for it since 15 minutes. "Aish!"
Suddenly someone entered the broom closet and closed the door.
I turned around to look in the confused face of Yongguk.
Shocked as I was I jerked and hit my occiput. "Damn.", I currsed. "Are you alright?", he came to me immediately and put his hand on my head. "Let me see." I pushed him away.
"No, go away." Because of his touch, my heart began to beat fast. *How does he do that everytime?*

I passed him amd tried to open the door, but it didn't work. I tried again but the door didn't move. "Oh no.", I whispered and I began to hit against the door. "Hello, hello! Is someone there? Hello!", I hit against it again and again.
"There is no one." Yongguk started. "They are all in class."
"When does class end?" I asked but still trying to open the door.
"One hour."
"WHAT?", I yelled and turned to him. He was standing a few steps away from me, but his gaze was very intensive.

"How are you?", he asked all of sudden. His gaze was still on my face, he tried to read my expresions.
"Why aren't you in class?", I tried to change the topic. I wasn't alright not a bit. I felt like dying.
"Don't change the topic."
"Ok, then. How I am? Not on your ing business." I tried to sound angry. When I looked again at him, he face expresion turned from intensive to very very sad.
"Katara, what's going on with you?"
"With me? Nothing. Why?"
"You changed." I looked away.
"My mom is dead. She commit suicide. Don't you think, things like that change people?"
"When your brother died, you didn't changed like this. But now you push people away."
"Push them I away? I don't push them away, they leave."
"I didn't left you."
"You did."

Yongguk sighed frustrated. He came one footstep closer.
"Did you really break up with me because I didn't slept with you?" My face became red and I turned around, that he couldn't see it.
"You were too jealouse. That's the reason why I broke up with you."
"I know and I am sorry, you know that. I'm was just scared that..." he stopped talking. Slowly I turned around because I wasn't sure why he stopped talking.
His eyes were closed and he was making a fist.
"Yongguk?"
"Daehyun looks better than me."
"What are you talking about?" He sighed and ruffled his hair.
"Maybe one day you like him more."
I really didn't get what he tried to say.
"Can you may..."
"I thought maybe you would leave me because he looks better than me.", he bluttered out without looking at me.

I softened. I took some steps towards him and put my hand on his cheek.
"Do you really think that I'm a girl who choose men because of their looks?" I shook my head and a smile appeared an my face. Yongguk loved to be the tough one. But inside he was really unsure and soft.
He put one of his hands on mine, which was on his cheek, and studied my face.
"I missed you smling Katara.", he whispered.

My thoughts came back. What the hell am I doing? He had to think that I didn't like him anymore. He had to forget me. In a few days, I would leave Korea forever. If I break the facade...he won't let me go and he would be injured.

Fast, I took my hands of his cheek.
"But that doesn't matter, we don't belong together." I took some steps back.
"You see, this is the thing, I mean. Why do you push me away again?"
"Listen.."
"No you listen! Since that night where we were drunk, you push everyone away. Not only me, but also Himchan and Jongup. I know you better than anyone else Katara. Something happened. I don't what it is, but I'm sure that I can help you, if you let me."
*You can't...no one can.*
"I'll leave." I whispered my gaze was on the door. He couldn't see my face and some tears were already on my cheeks.
"What?"
"I'll leave Korea Yongguk."
"W-what?", he stuttered. "W-what are you talking about?"
Shaking I take a breath.
"I'll leave Korea Yongguk...forever."
"But why?"
"I'm not happy here anymore." I lied. Maybe it was ok, that he know that I leave Korea, if he don't know the real reasons.
"My brother is dead and my mother too...i-it's too hard."
"B-but you can't leave.", he whispered. "You don't have any relatives abroad. Where would you go? You can't leave..." he was voice cracked. I couldn't face him. I don't wanted to see his expresion.
"I-is this maybe the reason why..w-why you broke up with me. You didn't wanted to hurt me?"
I nodded.
Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder, which forced me to turn around.
"Don't leave.", said Yongguk. A tear was on his cheek.
"I have to.", I whispered.
"Let me come with you, at least", he whispered back. I shook my head. "Korea is your home, Yongguk. You won't leave it because of me."
"It's also your home Katara. You can't...you can't..."
"Yongguk..."
He interrupted me by kissing me. "Don't..." I whispered when he stoped the kiss. "I can't", he whispered back and continued kissing me. My brain shouted to push him away. It said that I would become weak and stay here, but my heart was stronger than my brain, so I kissed him back.
I don't know how long we kissed each other but we stopped when we heard a key opening the door.

"Omo, what are you two doing here?", asked the janitor.

I don't know why, but suddenly I began to run. I passed Yongguk and the janitor and ran as fast as I could.
"Katara!", Yongguk called after me, but I didn't stop
*Pabo!* Everything shouted in me. Why did I kissed him? I love him, but why am I so selfish? Why do I want him, to stay with me? If he gets injured...can I really handle it? No of course not!
*I'm sorry Yongguk, I'm so sorry.*


Yongguk's view

Yongguk was absolutly confused. Why does she run away? But when he does let her run away like this, he would only lose her forever. It was already hard to accept the fact that they are not together anymore...but only thinking that she would leave korea, broke his heart.
*I can't* And he ran after her.
While she was running she bumped into some people, but she just continued running.
There was a big street, but there were no cars. She run to the street.

Yongguk didn't see her, but he didn't gave up and continued running.
Then he heard some tires squeak, a slight impact and some women screaming.
He followed the screams and landed on a big street. He just saw a big black car continueing driving as fast, as it could.
Then he saw someone laying on the ground. The person had short black hair. Of the occiput was coming blood. Much blood.
Yongguk had a weird feeling when he came closer.
"Call an ambulance!", a woman screamed. There were already many people.
Slow Yongguk came closer.
"This girl needs help!"
Closer and closer...then he saw her face.

Katara was laying motionless on the ground.