Daehyun's decision

Strangers with Memories. (ON HIATUS!)

"Who are you?", Katara asked Yongguk.
"W-what?", Yongguk looked shocked into her eyes. He hold her hand tighter.
"S-stop joking around Katara. Hey, it's me..."

She pulled her hand away. "Who are you?", she asked again. "Hey...", Yongguk wanted to take her hand again, but she slapped it away. 
"Don't touch me! I don't know you! Where am I? What I'm doing here?", she looked confused around. Then she look at her arm. "What happened to me?", she asked shocked.

Daehyun came back with the doctor.
"Look doctor, she's awake.", Daehyun pointed to Katara and walked towards them.
"How do you feel, Miss Kim?", asked the doctor.
"Who are you and where am I?", asked Katara.
"My name is doctor Choi and you are in the Asan Medical Center.", he explained.
"W-why am I here?", she asked confused.
"Don't you remember?", the doctor had a look in the eyes...it didn't seemed good.
"I-I don't know anything...", she shook her head.
"What's your name?", asked the doctor firm. analyting every facemove.

Daehyun froze. If she would say, that her name was Park Katara, the both would get in trouble. What would he do? What could he do?
He just wanted to take Katara with him and run away. Away from this countrie. Away from his father and her own father. To live a happy and normal life in Japan. Just they two...happy...

"My name?", she asked the doctor.
"Yes, your name Miss."
"My name...my name...", she shook her head. "My name..."
"Do you rememeber your name Miss?", the doctor asked again.
"My name, my name?", she shook her head stronger and stronger. "My name, my name...?", she cried.
"What's my name?", she cried over and over again.
"Please Miss, calm down.", the doctor pleaded.
"My name, my name, what's my name? Where am I, why I'm here. Who are you? Leave me alone!", she screamed.

She began to hit herself. "Who am I? Who am I?", she shouted over and over again.

Yongguk and Daehyun couldn't believe what they saw with their own eyes. Katara, couldn't remember who she was. She was hitting herself and asking over and over again who she was. Why she was here. It was so painful.

Daehyun was the first who reacted.
"Yah! Calm down!", he hold her healthy arm and leg. 
"DON'T TOUCH ME! DON'T TOUCH ME! WHO ARE YOU? LEAVE ME ALONE! AHHHHH!", she shouted and it hurted Daehyun's heart. She didn't remembered him, The girl he fell in love with, didn't remember him...

"I'm calling some nurse. Please hold her." and the doctor left fast the room.
Katara was still trying to get out of the handle of Daehyun, but she was too weak. Not only because Daehyun was stringer, but also because of her injuries.
"Yah! Stop moving, you're only hurting yourself! Yongguk help me!"
But Yongguk didn't move. He didn't understood what was happening in this room. Katara was screaming and shouting. She didn't remembered who Yongguk was. She didn't even remembered who she was.
"Yah Yongguk!", Daehyun tried to bring him back, but he was only sitting dumbfounded in the room. He just couldn't move. He just couldn't believe what was happening.

The door flew open and the doctor came back with 2 nurses. Now they were holding Katara instead and of Daehyun and the doctor gave her a syringe. She was still screaming for a few seconds but suddenly she became quiter.
"W-where am I...why are you doing this to me?", and with this she closed her eyes and didn't move again. She has fallen asleep.

The doctor scratched his head and sighed. He knew that something like this would happen, when she would be awake. Her occupiet injury was bad. He was already glad that she survived the operation. It was obvious that it would give another problem.
He looked to Daehyun and Yongguk. Yongguk was leaning at the wall, while Daehyun had made a fist with his hand and tried not to cry.
Doctor Choi looked back to Yongguk. Yongguk was pale. Too pale for the doctor.
"Miss Lee, could you please bring that guy out of here and give him some water.", he pointed to Yongguk.
The nurse nodded and towards Yongguk. She patted his shoulder. 
"Would mind coming with me, sir?" She tried to bring Yongguk out of the room, but he didn't moved an inch. His gaze was only on Katara who  was sleeping.
"Nothing will happen to her." the nurse tried to convince him. "She's in good hands. She will be fine. Just trust our doctor, arasso?" and with this she was able, to bring Yongguk out of the room.

Daehyun was still fighting with his tears. It was hard seeing Katara like this. Beatung herself and crying. Not knowing who she was was. It was like, she was hitting Daehyun. It felt like he was beaten up. It hurted so much, seeing her like this.
This once happy girl and strong girl, hitting herself and screaming.

"Mister Jung."
The doctor brought Daehyun back, from his thoughts.
"Would you mind going with me, in my office. My other nurse will take care of Miss Kim."
Daehyun nodded and left Katara with the nurse alone.
In the office of the doctor he took a seat and pressed his lips to a small line. It was a habit which Katara had, when she tried to calm down. 
"Mister Jung.", the doctor called him back again.
"Yes, sir?"
"Miss Kim has lost her memories. While I was operating her, it was obvious that she would have permanent injury."
"Do...Do you mean, that she will never get her memories back?", Daehyun asked shocked. He couldn't believe it.
"Honestly, I don't know." he rubbed his eyelids."We have some cases, where it took our patient only a few days. Other weeks. Other months and other years. But there are also cases who never got their memories back."
Daehyun didn't knew what to say. What was he supposed to do now? Katara had to leave Korea. When her father would find her in this condition, it would be easy for him, to kill her or do other painful things. 
"Anyway, Mister Jung." Daehyun's gaze went back to the doctor and the doctor had a bad expression on his face. He looked kind of...angry.
"Yes, sir?"
"You told the rescue workers that her name was Kim Hyunah. But there is no Kim Hyunah who look like her in our medical insurance."

**

Daehyun didn't answered because, he didn't knew what to say.
"You know that I operated her though.", he commented.
"I could have said no, but I didn't."
"W-why?", Daehyun asked. 
"Because, she's so young. Dying with maybe 16 because of an accident that even wasn't her fault. I wouldn't be a human if I would let her die because of money."
"But I will pay you everything back." Daehyun promised. He couldn't still believe that he was so stupide. He forgot doing all the paper things for Katara. If he had convinced her to come with him, they both would have been stoped at the airport and they would be in more trouble.
The doctor laughed all of sudden.
"Who are you, to my all that money back, huh?", he continued laughing. Daehyun's face changed colors. From pale to red. He was glad that the doctor helped Katara, even she wasn't a Kim Hyunah in real, but why the hell was he laughing at him? If he yould knew who he was, he wouldn't even dare looking strangly at him.
"If I'm allowed to introduce myself.", Daehyun stood up and bow. The doctor looked at him with curious eyes.
"My name is Jung Daehyun. Jung Hyungwoo, the manager of the Jung Company in Busan, is my father."

The eyes of the doctor almost fell on the ground. It was obvious that the doctor was shocked.
"J-Jung Company? S-So you mean...you're the inheritor of the Jung Company?", he stuttered.
"Yes, I am.", Daehyun said firmly.

It was silent for a few minutes.
Daehyun was thinking about what he could do and then he got an idea.
"Doctor Choi?"
"Yes?"
"I want that girl in another hospital."
"What do you mean?"
"Like I just said. Bring her to another hospital."
"But you know, that other doctors will find out, that her name, isn't Kim Hyunah, don't you?"
"I will take care of these things until tomorrow. Tomorrow in the morning a man will come in my name, and will take care of all this. He will bring you the money I owe you. And some more that you forget about what happened."
"What do you mean?"
"I want you to forget about that girl and just do like, you've never heard about her. Also the nurses, I will give them money too."
"What's with that other guy?"
"What's with him?"
"If he wants to know about the condition of the gir-"
"When you have the money, you don't know the girl and the boy. If he askes you something about her, you just say you don't remember about all that. You've never saw him and you had never a girl with that injury she has."
"I thought he's a close friend?"
"That's none of your business. Just do what I say.", Daehyun stood up.
"And what if I don't?", the doctor provoked.
"Than I'm sorry, but you'll lose your permission as doctor and you'll never be able to make a step in this business ever again?"
"You can't do this!", the doctor yelled.
"Watch me, if you don't believe me.", Daehyun went to the door. "Like I said, tomorrow morning a man will came in my name, and he'll watch that everything is ready to bring the girl in another hospital."
And with this he left the office and also the hospital.

Daehyun knew exactly what he had to do.
He had to take responsibility...and to safe Katara he would do everything...although when it means to do things that hurt his pride...



                                                                                    <-------------------------------->


"Just look who's back?", Daehyun's father said sacastically.
"My lost son.", he clapped in his hands.
Daehyun was standing infront of his parents. His head lowed.
"I didn't expected, that you come already back after 4 days."
"Honey." rebuked Daehyuns mother. His father sighed in frustration. In reality his father was more than happy, that Daehyun was back. He felt like dying because of sorrow, but he couldn'tshow it Daehyun.
"Appa, Umma..." Daehyuns voice broke and he felt on his knees. He was crying infront of them.
"Daehyun-ah", his mother stood immediately up and ran to her son. She hold him tight. "What happened to you?"
"Umma.", he sobed in her shoulder. She looked for help to her husband. He came also to Daehyun and bend down, patting Daehyun's shoulder. How long was it that he saw Daehyun crying like this? 5 years maybe...
"What's going on Daehyun?", he asked Daehyun still patting his shoulder.
"Ka-Katara", he sobed. 

*Katara?*, his father thought, he knew this name. But from where?
"This girl, from the restaurant? The waitress?", asked his mother. Now he remembered. That nice girl, who advised Daehyuns parents to give Daehyun a bit time.
"She had an accident." he said. Wipping his tears away. 
"Is she ok?", asked his father. Ok, it was a stupid question, but he didn't knew how to react. This was the first time, that his son cried because of a girl. But he could remember that Daehyun said, he only knew her from school and not that they are close friends or things like this.
"No, she's not ok appa. She...she lost her memories."
"Oh, how awful. Poor family...", Daehyun's mother, wiped a tear of hers away.
"She doesn't have any familie, Umma."
"What?", asked Daehyun's mother very confused.
"Her bother is dead. Her mother commited suicide and her father...her father is in prison."
"Then who is her guardian?", asked Daehyun's father.
"She doesn't have one...she's alone."
"Then when will her father come out of the prison? We can maybe pay the debt..."

Daehyun stood up and ruffled his hair. It was like his son was going insaine.
"Appa, that's the problem."
"What? I don't understand..."
"Her father went to prison, because, he was beating Katara and her mother everyday. He injured her mother so bad, that they brought him to prison...b-but now, they will let him out." Daehyun sighed "Before her mother commit suicide, she pleaded me to help Katara, to leave this countrie and surport her."
"When did she talk to you? And why is her mother involving you in their family problem?", his father asked rash.
"Shw wrote me a letter. I thing she didn't mean to involve me but, they are poor. Really poor people, appa. I can't leave her like this."
"But honey, that's none of our business...", tried Daehyun's mother.
"But Umma, if we don't help her, her father will try to kill. Katara's mother received a letter from her husband. That's the reason why she commited suicide. Because of fear."
"But what we're supposed to do Daehyun?", asked his mother.
"She has to leave Korea umma. With have to help her to leave Korea and she needs a new identity."
"But we can't..."
Daehyun walks to his mother. Holding her on her shoulders.
"Umma, I love her.", his tears were coming again. "Do you know, how hard it was, seeing her like this? Full with blood and later, she was screaming at me to leave her alone, because she don't remember me. She don't even remember herself. I had to hold her, for not beating herself umma. It was so painful.", his voice broke.
"I can't leave her like this umma. She has no one. She's alone in this world, injured and without any memories of herself."

His mother became round eyes. She had never saw her son like that. So hurted and pathetic.
"But Daehyun..", his father started, but Daehyun cut him of.
"I will inherit the company appa."
It was silent for seconds but it felt like for hours. His father wasn't sure, if he heard right.
"I'll inherit the company appa. After Katara is able to leave the country, I will leave with her. You told me that I had to study abroad to be able to become the manger. So I will."
Daehyun kneed down infront of his father.
"Appa, I will do what ever you want. I inherit the company. I just need to stay by Katara's side. I need to be sure, that she's fine."

Hyunwoo looked down to his son. He couldn't believe what he was seeing.
But then he got a thougt. Wasn't it that, what he wanted all the time? That his son come back to his sense and take responsibility for the company?
His father also kneed down.
"You do really love that girl, huh?", his father patted his shoulder. Daehyun nodded.
"Do you really want to give up your dream, becoming an idol, and taking responsibility for the company, because of the girl?", he asked.
Daehyun nodded again. "I would everyting for her."
His father nodded also. "Honey, could you please call our secretary?"
His wife nodded ad left the room.
"Thank you appa. Thank you so much."

Daehyun stood up and hugged his father.
Then he bowed down and said. "I have to go somewhere appa. I'm coming back soon."
"Arasso.", his father smiled and left also the room.

Daehyun went out of the house and went to the garage.
He took to canistor of petrol, walked to his car and drove.


*I have to, I have to*, he thought over and over again until he reached Katara's house

 He broked the door to open it and pour the petrol everywhere. In the living room, in the kitchen, in her mother's room and in Katara's own room. In the bathroom, in the toilett and in least in the transition.

He put out his lighter.

*I have to. I have to.*

And lighted up the house.

Immediately the house began to burn.

He went back to his car and drove of.





I'm sorry Yongguk. But I have to save Katara. I can't leave her unprotected.
I know, that you'll miss her. Of course you will. You love her.
But I love her too. And I don't regret that I take Katara with me.
You won't see her again.
Forget her. Live on.
Because my love is all she need.

Signed: Daehyun