Birthday (Part 1)

Strangers with Memories. (ON HIATUS!)

Everything was almost perfect.
I and Yongguk had a great relationship. I was accepted as a waiter in a classy restaurant finally and Daehyun and me went really good friends.
But as I said, alomst everything was perfect...there was only my mom.

Now she had a new job, where she was working 20 hourse a day. When she got finally home, she couldn't sleep and everytime when she was sleeping she screamed.
"GO AWAY!", she screamed last night.
"DON'T TOUCH ME! LEAVE ME! NO!", she yelled and I ran to her room.
"UMMA WAKE UP!", I grab her shoulder and shaked her hard. Since one month, she screamed in her dreams.
Finally she woke up and tried to breath. She was sweating.
"Umma, you screamed again, while you were sleeping.", I whispered. I couldn't help her and I hated me for that.
"Maybe you should just stop working in this factory. They don't even pay very good..."
"But better as my other job.", she interrupted me.
"Look, Umma, I we have to pay the bills but it's just..."
"Katara.", she grabed my shoulder. When I looked at her arm, I shocked. My mom has gotten very thin.
"Does Yongguk work?", she asked all of sudden. I was really confiused, but I nodded.
"His working as a barkeeper in a club, but when he finshed school, he wants to study economy." She just nodded.
"Why, mom?", I asked her.
"Because I want a man for my daughter who can take care of her.", she answered in a very firmly tone.
"It sounds like you want me to get married with Yongguk.", I chuckled. But she didn't laughed with me, neither smiled.
"Umma?" She didn't answered. It was like she was in a daze. I shook her a bit.Finally I got her attention.
"Umma...it's not only the work what makes you so...ill...it's somthing else.", I tried to say. I know that she was working hard, sometimes she was also outside in the night and didn't came back after the next day.

She didn't answered and just looked at me. No emotion on her face.
"You know...I-I found something.", I blushed. I couldn't asked my mother, if these things I founded where hers.
But she was still not saying a thing, she kept on looking at me.
"I-I found some...uum..c-c-cond..."
"YAH, YOU LITTE BRAZEN GIRL!", she yelled suddenly.
"B-but Umma..."
"Do you think, their mine?"
"I-I just thought..."
"Go Katara.", she sighed and turned so I could only see her back.
"I want to sleep now.", she said tired.
"I don't wanted to insult you.", I whispered, but she was already laying.

I stood up and went to my own room. Yes, I really found these things in her bag.
'Maybe her factory produce some...", I tried convince myself.



In the morning, I heared someone knocking the door.
"I'm coming!", I shouted and ran towards the door, while trying to put my socks on. I opened the door and the toothbrush I had in my mouth fell.
"DAEHYUN?", I asked irritaded. At first he looked a bit shocked, but then he laughed the hell out of him.
"Do you know, how you look right now?", he said after he stopped laughing. But he had still a smile in his face.
I knew how I looked like. Messy hair, glasses, which I only where at home, the toothpaste all over my face. 
And last but not least, my winnie pooh pyjama.

"What are you doing here in the morning?", I asked annoyed. I hot guy saw me with my winnie pooh pyjama, it was so embaracing.
"I only wanted to say happy birthday to your 18th birthday...but now..." he pointed with his finger at me.
"I think I have to congrat for you 6th birthday! Seriously?! Winnie Pooh?", he laughed again and holded his stomach.
"Who's this Katara?", asked my mom from behind.
"A jerk mom!", you answered. Daehyun stopped laughing and looked surprised.
"How did you just call me?" He grabed my arm and pulled me outside, then he locked my head under his arm.
"Say this again, if you dare!", he said amused.
"Jerk, Jerk, JERK!", I said and laughed. If you knew Daehyun he was really cool and funny.
"What are you doing?" asked my mom, who was standing at the door.

Immediately Daehyun let go your head and bow down.
"Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Jung Daehyung, it's a pleasure to meet the mother of Katara."
'Crawler.", I thought.
"Annyeonghaseyo.", my mom bend also down and smiled. Suddenly her smile disappeared.
"Jung Daehyun?", she asked shocked.
"Yes, madame."
"A-are you, Jung Daehyun, inheritor, of the Jung Company in Busan?"
"Yes, I am madame.", he smiled a bit. I was compleatly shocked. The Jung Company in Busan, was one of the most successful comapanys in south korea. And he was the inheritor? Daehyun? No way!
"Why didn't you tell me that this important person is your friend?", she asked dissapointed.
"I didn't knew either.", I explained, still my gaze at Daehyun.
"Why didn't you tell me?", accusing.
"You never asked.", was his answer.
"And you're friends?", asked my mom confiused. She didn't really get who she had infront of her house.
"Yes.", he answered.

Suddenly my mom grabed me and pushed me inside again.
"Make you ready, and don't dare coming here again, until you're ready, arasso?", she said very unfriendly. My mom was back.
"Yes sir!", I soluted and made me ready.



*Meanwhile*

"Mister Jung...", began Kataras mom.
"Please call me Daehyun.", I smiled. This woman had so much energy like Katara. I already liked her. I was a bit confiused that she knew me and my father's company but it was ok, she seemed also to be an indepent woman like Katara, who don't borrow money and promised to retunr it, wellknowing, that she can't.
"Yes..Daehyung...can I plead you somthing?", now she looked very said. Maybe she wasn't so independet and was about to ask me if I could lend them money.
"Can you...please take care of Katara?", she asked and I saw her eyes were tearing up.
"Madame..."
"Look, I know, Katara can be very noisy and brazen, but she is still a good girl."
"I know madame, that's one of the reasons why we are friends.", I didn't understood what she meant with take care of Katara.
She nodded.
"But please.", she took my hand and hold it tight.
"No matter what happens, please stay on her side, never leave her, ok? I know this is very much, but please do me this favor.", A tear came on her cheek.
"Stay on her side and help her no matter what comes.", I second tear came on her cheek.
"Can you promise me that?", she asked, holding my hand tighter.
"I-I promise.", I said. I really didn't get what she meant.
"Thank you", she whispered and let go of my hand.
"Thank you.", she whispered again and went inside.


I didn't dare saying anything to Katara in this moment. I had a feeling, I shouldn't tell her what happened right now.
I was a fool, a really stupid one.
Signed: Daehyun


------------------------------------------------

Sorry for this short capter!
I don't really had the time to write a long one.
Frorgive me please! :D
And also sorry, if I make some mistakes, I hope you still understand the story :)