Birthday (Part 2)

Strangers with Memories. (ON HIATUS!)

"Katara please come back soon, I want to spend the evening with you.", said my mom before I went to the door, where Daehyun was waiting.
"Don't have to go to work today?", I asked her surprised. I shook her head.
"Do you have a free day?", I asked happy. She nodded.
"Yes my dear and go now, have fun.", she smiled at me. But I was a bit confiused normaly she would now scream: *Yah you lazy girl! Move and don't dare coming late or I'll kill you!*
"Umma are you alright?", I asked her. I think she understood what I mean, because suddenly she yelled:
"Go now you! If you come late, I'll end you and you'll never see the light again, arasso?" I began to smile. That's my mom!
"Neh!", I hugged her and she hugged me tightly back.
"Have a nice free day!", I waved and went outside.

"Anyway, why are you here?", I asked Daehyun curious. Yes, it was my birthday, but normaly I would spend this day with Yongguk. We would meet ech other in our favorite caffe.
"I'm here because of Yongguk.", he said a bit strange. I was really confiused, because I knew that Yongguk and Daehyun can't stand each other. Everytime when I was about to meet Daehyun, Yongguk made a face and behaved strange. He began to kiss me on my forehead and said: "I trust you...but if he dares doing something weird, I kill him. Tell him that."
I really loved when he was jealous, it was sweet.

"Because of Yongguk?"
"Yes, he can't make it today."
"W-what? Why?", I went sad. 
"I don't know. When I was on my way to the fitness center, I saw Jongup and Himchan. They asked me if I could spend the day with you because Yongguk can't make it. When I asked them, why they couldn't do it they just said that they haven't time and ran away." He shrugged with his shoulder.
"And now you are here.", I said annoyed. I wasn't angry with him but at Yongguk. Why couldn't he make it? It was my freaking 18th birthday!
"Ain't you happy?", he asked surprised because of my tone. I didn't answered.
"You should be happy! I'm the only one who is spending the day with you!", he said a bit too loud.
"You should be thankful for a such great friend like me! Normaly I could play soccer with my friends but no, I decided to spend the day with you!"
I didn't said a thing. I was pissed and said that Yongguk couldn't spend the day with me.
"Yah, I'm talking to you!", he went in my way that I had to stop.
"You know what? You can go and play soccer with your friends." I turned and was on my way home.
"Hey, hey.", he grab my wrist and turned me around.
"You know", I bubble out. "I'm sorry that you were forced to spend the day with me, but I'll reedem you!" I pushed my hand out of his handle ang kept going.
"No wait!", said Daehyun and ran after me.
"I'm sorry. You didn't get it right! I wanted to say...uuum..." He didn't knew what he wanted to say. I sighed and stopped what also made him stop.
"No.", I shook my head."I have to be sorry. I'm just sad that Yongguk can't make it today." Then I looked up and smiled.
"And I am thankful." I hugged him, what wasn't surprising only him but also me.
"I'm thankful that I found a friend like you." I let him go but I was still smiling. I didn't knew why but when he was on my side I felt...well. I liked to tell him, how I felt and what I was thinking, because he didn't made any comment. He only listened.
"You know...I don't have many friends, neither female friends. But I am thankful for the friends I have, also for conceited friends like Himchan and always being confiused friends like Jongup." I took his hands and looked into his eyes.
"I hope, I'll never lose you." He looked back in my eyes and it was like we were in our own world. Only we two. Then I broke the eye contact and let go his hands.
"Now, let's have fun!", I shouted and put my fist in the air.

We went to my favorite caffe and I ordered a frappachino.
"Finally, I can show you what a frappachino is.", I smiled. He just nodded.
When he saw my frappachino, he looked disgusted.
"So much cream?", he asked me, while I was drinking it. I nodded happyly.
"Yeah, without so much cream it wouldn't be a frappachino."
"Soon, you'll have to go with me in the fitness center." I gave him a death glare but he just shrugged.
"Do you want to taste?", I took my straw out, which was full of cream, and smear it on his cheek.
"Yah!", he said with a smile. I laughed and contiuned drinking my frappachino, when I remembered somthing.

I took my purse and surched for money.
"Here.", I took his hands and put the money in his hand.
"Why are you giving me this?", He asked confiused.
"Because it's yours.", I shrugged and went out of the shop.
"Hey wait!", he ran after me and hold me back.
"Why should it be mine?"
"Don't you remember?", I made a surprised face. Wellknowing, that he don't remember. But he just looked at me.
"You really don't remember, do you?", I smiled.
"Katara, could you please stop with that show and just telling me why you're giving me this money?"
"Ok, ok. Do you may remember what happened one month ago?"
"Katara.", he was already annoyed. I just laughed.
"Ok, one month ago you spend money on a market because of me. You bought me food because I didn't had any money. And now, I'm giving you the money back."
"Oooh...yes I rememeber. But you don't have to give it back to me."
"Yes, I have to. Maybe you forgot, but I told you that I'm a independet woman. Normaly I wouldn't even use your money, but in this day, I was really hungery." 
"And maybe you forgot, that I'm a gentelman and I don't take the money of women."
"And it has nothing to do with, that you're the inheritor of the Jung Company?", I asked. Suddenly he began to walk.

"I don't like it.", he said when I reach him.
"I really don't like if people talk about me as the inheritor." he sighed.
"It's burden.", he said a bit sad.
"Then I won't do it again.", I said serious which made him stop. He looked down on me.
"If you don't want it, then I won't call you like that anymore." I said again.
"And you don't even ask why?", he asked still a bit said. I shook my head.
"No."
"Why?"
"Because I know you." I smiled a bit. "You don't like to talk about yourself and your feelings, so I won't aske you until you opened a bit."
He was still looking down on me, but I kept on talking.
"I know that you don't trust me. Or I should may say, that you don't trust me so much. But I'll wait. And on this day where you want to talk about everything I'll be there and I'll listen to you...just how you alway do."
Suddenly he hugged me without a word. We were staying like this for only a few seconds, but it felt like hours.
"Thank you.", he whispered and let go of me.
"No problem.", I smiled.
"Would you like to see a movie.", he changed the topic. I nodded and we walked to the cinema.


"This movie, was sooo boring.", I groan.
"Couldn't agree more.", he sighed.
"It was absolutly terrible! A dog who fells in love with a woman?! And then he tranform to a man?! Seriously?!", I complained.
"Well, now it's finally over.", he smiled.
"Yes, and I thank god for it!", then suddenly I remembered something.
"What time is it?", I asked shooked.
"11 o'clock."
"Oh no!", I yelled and began to run.
"Where are you going?", asked Daehyun irritated.
"Home! And thank you for the day!", I yelled and waved while running. 

Already eleven? My mom will kill me! I hated myself. She had a free day and wanted to spend my birthday with me and the stupid me forgot it.
I really need a mobile phone! I ran as fast as I could.
When I finally reached my home, I opened the door immediately and ran to the living.
My mom was sitting on the couch.
"Umma.", I said while I was trying to breath. She lifted her head and smiled brightly. She stood up and hugged me.
"I'm sorry Umma that I'm late, I for.." She hugged me tighter.
"You're here, that's enough." she let go of my and put her hand on my head.
"Umma...", my eyes began to tear up. She did the same thing, what Youngjae oppa always did. Putting a hand on my head and smiling.
"Come on, let's go Katara.", she took her jacket and my hand.
"Where do we go Umma?"
"Surprise.", she smiled and we went outside.

We took two buses until we reached the target.
"Do you remember?", she asked happy.
"Of course, I do Umma.", I smiled.
We were on our favorite park. She, Youngjae and me always went here when dad was drunk. Sometimes we were to afraid to go home, so mom tried always to distract us. She took us everywhere to forget about the problems at home. One day we finally found this park and it went our favorite one. It got a swing, a slide and a great view where you found pretty flowers. Mom always picked some flowers and put some behind my ear. That's one of the reason why I loved flowers.
"Time pasts so fast.", my mom said with a smile. I nodded. She took my hand and we went to a bench where we sat down.
"Why did we went here Umma?", I asked her.
"I don't know...yesterday I remembered how much fun we had here. So I thought for your 18th birthday, we should go here."
"I'm sorry, that I came so late, I forgot time."
"It's ok, Katara. The important thing is that you're here with me."

We talked about the happy time we spend here with Youngjae oppa. Normaly, mom always cried when she talked about Youngjae oppa, but this time, her eyes didn't even tear up.
"Katara you have to promise me something!", suddenly she said. I looked at her confiused.
"Katara no matter what happen..", she began."You have to be strong."
"W-what?"
"Be strong.", she hugged me suddenly tightly.
"No matter what happen, just be strong and stay happy."
"What are you talking about Umma?", she let go of me, but she put her hands on my shoulder.
"Promise me."
"But Umma..."
"Promise me.", her grab went tighter.
"I-I promise." She breath out and hugged me once again.
"I love you Katara. Never forget that." she whispered.
"I love you too Umma.", I didn't understood why she was talking so weird thinks, but I didn't wanted to destroy the moment. I hugged her back.
"Let's go home now.", she let go of me and stood up.
"Yes, let's go.", I smiled and we went home while holding our hand.



I'm so sorry Katara. I'll always love you. Please never forget that and forgive me.
Signed: Hara