Chapter 7

Always There For you

" Yeobosseyo?" 

" Jaelin ssi, can you come to the lab now? The specimen had a sudden change." Professor Kim sounded so tired. I looked at the clock... 3 am in the morning.

" Nae, I'll be there in a few minutes." I said. I quickly changed my clothes and grab my jacket and earmuffs. Is that L's scarf? Well I could use it in this cold weather, I'll return it to him if I met him again.

I started walking faster and faster, it's so cold out here! Wait who's that? It's a man. Oh no... It's scary! What will he do? Is he homeless? Wait.. I know that guy.

" L!" 

" Jaelin!?"

" What are you doing here in the middle of the night?" I asked him.

" Just taking a walk."

" At this hour?" I looked at him.

" Yeah.. Well... What are YOU doing here in this hour then?" He asked me back.

" Going to school. Professor called. Something happened. And ah! Before I forget, here's your scarf." I said, handing him his scarf.

" It's alright, you use it now since it's so cold now." He said. 

" Okay, I got to go now."

" Let me go with you! It's dangerous to go alone in such hour!" 

" Thanks but if you're busy then its alright." I told him.

" Busy? At this hour? You kidding me." He smiled.


" Jaelin ssi have you adjust or add anything to the specimen?" Professor Kim asked me.

" Ani. The last time I checked it was still fine and no changes." I replied.

" When was that?" He asked.

" Monday." I replied.

" Oh... When I yesterday it was still fine. It seems that someone is sabotajing us." Professor said.

" But who would want to do that?"

" I don't know..."

" Can we still save it?" I asked.

" Luckily I heve some extra of this specimen. But we'll have to start all over again." Professor said.

" Is there anything I can help?" 

" It's alright. You go home and rest. You still need to work tomorrow morning."

" But I want to help." I said.

" It's alright. No buts and go home now." He said.

" Okay...." 


" Is everything alright?" L asked me.

" Yeah... But who would want to sabotaj professor and me?" I mumbled to myself.

" Hey... Jaelin?" L called me.

" Mianhae... I wasn't listening."

" I asked, are you free next Wednesday?" He asked me again.

" I guess so... "

" Come on.. Last time I asked you, you said the same thing too..." L said.

" Sorry. I think I am." I said.

" Well.. If you are then come to this place." He said and hand me a piece of paper with an address on it.

" What's this?" I looked at him blankly.

" You'll know next week." He said, smiling cheeckily. " Come on, let's go home now."


L's Point Of View

Oh my... I didn't know how I got here, I was just taking a walk from all that dancing and singing and all that heat in the dance studio. I'm at Jaelin's apartment. Better go back now...

Is that who I think it is? Jaelin?! What is she doing at this time? It's dangerous to be out at this time! Something bad might happen! 

"L!" Jaelin called me. 

She told me about her professor and what happened, and I felt the urge to go with her. I felt the urge to protect her, to hold her hands when she's cold. My heart thumped so fast everytime I saw her. What is wrong with me?

I sat outside the lab and waited for Jaelin. Her expression doesn't look so good when she walke out of the lab. I asked her if anything's wrong but she just said it's alright and start to mumble to herself. 

I then asked her again about next Wednesday. I wish she would be there and cheer for me. I gave her a VIP pass and address for my comeback stage. 

We walked to her apartment and she went upstairs. She wanted to give me back my scarf again but I asked her to keep it first. I actually just want something of mine to be with her. 

I stood there staring at her apartment. I quickly snapped out of it and walked slowly back to the dance studio.