Epilogue

Always There For you

The weather was breezy, autumn is here. It’s getting cold. The streets were getting deserted as everyone is getting indoors to get warm. The warm looking coffee shop that is located at the corner of that street, is the perfect place to escape the cold. The small shop looks cozy and gives out a vibe of being at home after a long day’s work.

“Jaelin ah, where did you put the cocoa powder?”

“It’s right in front of you silly.”

“Oh, didn’t see that.” L said and grabbed the packet of powder in front of him, went over to his fiancée and hugged her from behind.

“What?” Jaelin tried to say it in an annoyed tone but ended up smiling.

“When are we closing? I want to get home sooner.” L asked.

“It’s still early, besides, your friends are coming over today.” Jaelin said, giving him a flick on the forehead.

“Oh right. Totally forgot about that!” L said and smiled.

“L! Jaelin! What’s it been like? 2 years?” Woohyun came through the front door, his arms wipe open.

“Hey hyung. How’s it going?” L asked, happy to see his friend after 2 years.

“Gimme a hug!” Woohyun said and pull both L and Jaelin in for a tight hug.

“Where are the others?” Jaelin asked.

“Probably stuck in traffic, let me call them.” He said and pulled out his phone but before he can dial any of their numbers, the front door swung open again and 3 people walked in.

“Hey hyung!” Sungjong said, waving towards L and Woohyun. “Hey Jaelin. Gorgeous as ever.” He added.

“Sungjong, Hoya oppa and Dongwoo oppa, glad to have you guys here.” Jaelin smiled.

“All that’s left is Sungyeol and Sunggyu hyung.” L said.

“All I’m telling you is to stop buying those useless shares! They just affect you.” Someone said while pushing the door which clearly says pull.

“Typical Sungyeol…” L said and chuckled. He went over and opened the door for his friend.

“Gotta go, I’ll call you later.” Sungyeol said and hang up his phone. “Thanks L. Work’s piling up a little bit.” He said and pushes his glasses.

“Okay, now let’s just wait for the old man to…”

“Sorry I’m late! Got caught up in a rain just now.” Sunggyu said, closing his umbrella.

All 7 INFINITE members are here, each of them went their own way after their third contract expired with their company. Sunggyu is now a songwriter, well he still works for his company, writing songs for the younger idols. Hoya and Dongwoo formed their own underground rap team, Woohyun is now a teacher in a middle school, Sungjong a fashion designer which always gets highlighted in fashion magazines, Sungyeol, a businessman which has a lot of work and L, he owns the coffee shop with Jaelin.

Coffee was served with some snacks prepared by both L and Jaelin. They chat away, catching up for the 2 years that they’ve missed. Sungjong then realized the ring on Jaelin’s finger and held it up.

“Noona, are you guys getting married?” He asked.

“Yes.” Jaelin said and gave L a nudge.

“Oh, right. I have an announcement to make.” L said, standing up. “Jaelin and I are getting married next month. And that’s the main reason we called you guys over today, to invite you guys to our wedding.”

“Congratulations!” Sunggyu said. “To be honest I never think that L would be the first to get married. I always think that Woohyun would be the first.”

“And there’s another thing.” L added.

“What is it?” Sungyeol asked. He is impatient as always.

“Well, Jaelin is pregnant.” L said and he immediately receives back slaps from Dongwoo and Hoya.

“Good job L!” All of them said.

“Well, how long has it been?”

“It’s only 2 weeks.” Jaelin said. “So we still don’t know whether it’s a boy or a girl.”

 “Can I be the baby’s godfather when he, I mean she, I mean when the baby’s born?” Woohyun asked.

“Oh oh, me too!” Sunggyu added.

“Wow, does that means my baby will have what, 3 fathers?” L said.

“Nope, all 7 of us.” Hoya said and laughed.

“Wow, my child is going to be the most spoilt kid in the world.” L said and got another flick on the forehead from Jaelin.

They continue telling jokes and laughed at memories they had together as a team. Time flies when you’re having fun and soon it’s already 1 am in the morning. Everyone said their goodbyes and promise to have a gathering again soon. L locked the door and bought Jaelin home.

They are living in a house, given by Jaelin’s grandparents as their engagement gift. Jaelin had managed to make every single corner of the house feel like home. Everything is tidy and neat and organized.

“Can we open up later than usual tomorrow? I’m tired.” L said.

“Oh no, remember what happened last we open up late? Lee ahjusshi was sleeping at the front door waiting for us.” Jaelin said, getting under the sheets.

“That ahjusshi, he goes there every day huh.” L said.

“The first customer every morning.” Jaelin said, cuddling with L.

“You know what? I think you should stop calling me L. It’s been 2 years since I stop using that name.” L said.

“It’s a habit. The other guys are still calling you L.” Jaelin said.

“Well, yeah. But I’ll like it more if you call me Myungsu. It sounds homier.” He said.

“Homier?”

“Yeah. I like it.”

“Well then Mr. Kim Myungsu, permission to snuggle with you because it’s getting cold.” Jaelin said.

“Permission accepted.” L said and hugged her closer.

“You know, ever since we started living here, I think I’m getting fatter.” L said.

“Huh, maybe you are.”

“Yeah, stop cooking so many delicious foods. You’re making me fat.” L said and received a poke on the waist from Jaelin.

“Shut up. Then stop eating so much.”

“You know I love eating.” L said and lift Jaelin’s chin with his hand.

He lean in and gave her a kiss. His tongue poking at Jaelin’s lower lips, asking for permission to enter and Jaelin thinks it’s fine to let him taste her. L can taste the coffee and cinnamon they had just now he bit softly on Jaelin’s upper lip. He heard her a little and pulled away a few minutes later, their body cells screaming for oxygen.

“I’m so glad that you are mine.” L said and hugged Jaelin.

Jaelin just smiled and nuzzles down into L’s neck. She is excited, even though there’s still a month to go but she just can’t wait to spend the rest of her lives with the man she loves.