Chapter 11

Always There For you

" Jaelin?"

" Hmm? What?" I asked as L called me.

" I umm... I think I..." 

" What? Come on already... I need to get to work." I'm a bit frustrated.

" Can we meet up? After you finish work?" He asked.

" Yeah sure! Where?" 

" At your coffee shop, I'll go there." He said.

" Okay, I'll wait for you."

" Yah Jung Jaelin! Get off the phone! You're working you know." Sunbae shouted.

" Sorry! You see, you're getting me in trouble! I'm hanging up!" 

" Bye!"

" Jaelin, go serve those customers." Jisun unnie said.

" Okay!" I said and went over there. " Welcome! What would you like to order?" 

I took their order and went back to the kitchen.

" Sunbae! Orders up!" I shouted.

" Okay!" Sunbae replied. " Jaelin ah?"

" What? I'm busy!" I said.

" Are you free tonight?" He asked.

" Actually no.. I have a friend coming. Why?" I asked.

" Just wanted to treat you to dinner. But nevermind, maybe next time." He said

" Okay I'll treat you instead next time." I said smiling.


" Annyeong! Yah, you're late!" I said as L enter the coffee shop.

" Mianhae... I fell asleep on the couch at home." He said, looking embarrased.

" So what do you want to see me for?" 

" I need to tell you something." He said.

" What?" I asked, curious to know.

" Well I umm..."

" Spit it out already!"

" Jung Jaelin! I like you! A lot!" He said suddenly.

" Eh?" 

" I've said it! I like you. I like you a lot, can you be my girl?" 

" L.... I.... Can't..." 

" Why not?" He asked.

" You're a k-pop idol! What am I? I'm just a girl that works in a coffee shop and goes to collage!"

" I don't care about those Jaelin! Idols are human too! I like you not because of anything else, I like you because you're you!" 

" L...I like you too but I'm scared." 

" Scared of what?"

"I'm scared that you wouldn't accept me, I'm scared that your members wouldn't accept me, and your fans, your company, everything!" I said.

" Jaelin... You live your own life. Don't care about what other people might say to you. Jaelin ah... Please."

" L... I like you a lot too... Ever since you first came to this shop, I can felt something towards you." 

" Then be my girl! I promise you I can make you happy!" 

" L... I will. But only on one condition."

" What condition?"

" Don't announce our relationship first okay?"

" Sure!" He said and hugged me tightly. " You know what? I'm so happy now I feel like I could die of happiness."

" I would not allow you to die!" I said, hugging him more tightly and the both of us laughed.


L's Point Of View

When Jaelin agreed to be my girlfriend I was so happy that I hugged her so tightly that she can't breath. We started planning our first date but we realize that we can't go into public holding hands and stuff.

" L, you'll get into trouble if you go out holding hands with me." Jaelin told me.

" I know, but won't it be fun? If we could go out for movies together, go to the beach together..." I said.

" Why not you come to my house tomorrow night and we could have dinner and watch a movie together?" Jaelin asked.

" Sounds good... But umm.. I'll be a bit late chagi, I have schedules." I said.

" Chagi? Wae? Sounds weird!" She said, blushing a little.

" Chagi yah... Saranghae!" I teased.

" Stop it L." She blushed more.

" Come on, call me chagi too..." 

" No..."

" Fine.. But I'm sure you will some day!" 

" You know what? We could always buy couple stuffs and have them together." She said.

" Yeah, my chagi is the best!" I said again.

" Yah... Stop it..."

" Chagi~ It's getting late... We should go home now." I said, pulling her hand.

" Arraseo. Come on, I'll close the door first."

The both of us walk back to her house, holding hands as there are nobody around. 

" Chagi, I'll miss you." I told her.

" You're making this awkward L." She said, hitting me gently.

" Goodnight. See you tomorrow." I said and gave her a kiss on her forehead. I can see her blushing.

" Goodnight L. Be careful on the way back!" She told me.

" Arraseo, now hurry up and go in, it's cold here."

" Bye chagi." She said.

" Ah you called me chagi!" I said.

" Ah... Stop fooling around and hurry up and go home. It's cold."

" Okay okay.. Bye!" I said and she went in. I walked back to our dorm, feeling so happy that I could explode.