Chapter 14

Always There For you

" Jaelin, wanna go grab some coffee after school?" Hyosung asked.

" Sorry not today! I need to get home quickly today. Too busy." I replied.

" What is wrong with you these days? You don't hang out with us anymore!" Suzy said.

" Yeah girl. What have you been up to?" Hyosung asked.

" Nothing! I'm just busy." I said.

" Are you still working at the coffee shop?" Suzy asked.

" Yeah I am. Just that today's my day off." I said.

" You never took a day off!" Hyosung exclaimed.

" Well.. I do now! I'm too busy today!" I said.

" Too busy for what?" They both asked.

" Sorry girls! Can't tell you now! I'm late for class! I'll make it up to you both! I promise!" I said and walked away. Actually today was L's birthday and the both of us agreed to celebrate it together.

" Whoa Jaelin! Look where you're going!" Minjae sunbae said as I knocked into him.

" Sorry! I'm late for class! Bye!" 

" Jaelin! Wait! Your...." I couldn't hear what he was saying as the crowd was too noisy.

" Whew! 5 more minutes and I'm officially late!" I said, sitting down at my place.


" Ah! Class ended... Wonder what is L doing now?" I said, checking my watch. I reached to my pocket to take out my phone.. But it was not there. Oh no! That was the one L gave it to me! I've lost it! Calm down Jung Jaelin. Let's go and look for it now.

I walked all over the campus, looking for it. And I couldn't find it. I sat down, trying to figure out where did I dropped it?

" Yah babo! I was looking for you! Why didn't you answer your phone?" I looked up. L!? I could still recognize him even though he's wearing a mask, a baseball cap and sunglasses.

" Chagi... I.. I lost it!" I said hugging him tightly.

" Bwo? You lost your phone?" He asked.

" Yeah...." I said.

" It's ok.. Lets go find it together okay?" He said, gently.

" But chagi.. We're in public! Let's go separately okay?" I said.

" Okay.. Call me if you found it, but if you don't, wait for me here okay?"

" Okay..." We both started looking but L couldn't even move away from all the fans surrounding him slowly. I sighed. 

" Jaelin! Finally I found you! Here!" Sunbae said, reaching out to give me something.

I looked at it, is that... my phone?

" Thank you sunbae! Where did you find it?" I asked.

" You dropped it just now when you bumped into me!" He smiled.

" Thank you so much! I owe you once!" I said.

" It's fine. Anyway a guy called a lot of times just now. I think it's written there L... He called like 5 times or more you know." He said. " Is he your boyfriend?" Sunbae asked.

" What? No! I don't have one." I said. As L and I have promised each other to keep our relationship a secret first.

" Oh.. So does that mean I still have a chance?" He asked, looking at me.

" Eh?" 

" Yeah... I kinda have a crush on you since you started working at the coffee shop." He said, blushing.

" Sun... sunbae...." I was speechless.

" So if you wanted to hang out sometimes... Just give me a call... I'll be waiting." He said.

" I..." I wanted to tell him that I'm dating L but I don't wanna hurt his feelings, and besides, a promise is a promise.

" Jaelin!" I hear L calling my name.

" Ah... I should be going now.." I said. " Bye."

" Remember what I've said just now..." 

I gave him a nod and went away.

" Who's that guy?" L asked.

" Aigoo... Is my chagi jealous?" I .

" Jealous? Who? Me? Nah! Just asking..." He said.

" Let's get home quickly." I said.

" Umm are you forgetting something?" He asked.

" What? That today is your birthday? No." 

" Not that! Who's that guy?" He asked again.

" Hmm.... I smell jealousy floating in the air!"

" Chagi... Tell me please!" He did aegyo to me but with his mask and sunglasses... He looked funny.

" Stop it! Hahahahaha! Okay fine fine... He's just a sunbaenim and he works at the coffee shop too.. And he's the one that found my phone." I said.

" That's all?" He said.

" Yeah.. What did you expect?"

" Maybe your ex-boyfriend?" He said.

" No.. I don't have a ex-boyfriend." I said.

" Really? I am your first boyfriend?" He asked, looking surprised.

" Yeah... I was the nerd at middle school and high school. Who would want to date me?" I said.

" I will... And you'll forever be mine!" He said.

" L..." I was speechless.

" Let's get home now. Before any of my fangirls attack again." He said.

" Yeah.. You're right." And we both walked quickly back to my apartment.


L's Point Of View

" The number you have called is...." Why is Jaelin not answering her phone? I'm getting worried.

" Sungyeol ah.. I'm going out.. Tell Sunggyu hyung that I might not be home tonight." I told Sungyeol

" Where are you going?" He asked.

" Umm.. Taking care of a friend who is in the hospital...?" I lied.

" Okay.. But be back early tomorrow morning. Hyung will get angry if you don't." 

" Okay.." I said and went out. I wore my mask and sunglasses and my baseball cap, not wanting people to recognize me at Jaelin's campus.

When I reached there, I was amazed... Whoa.. Jaelin's campus is like 2 times bigger than mine! It's take quite a long time to find her here. Aishh... To many people here... It'll be harder than I expect... After almost and hour looking for Jaelin, I finally found her. She was sitting there, looking sad.

" Yah babo! I was looking for you! Why didn't you answer your phone?" I said.

" Chagi... I.. I lost it!" She said, hugging me tightly.

" Bwo? You lost your phone?" I asked her.

" Yeah...." 

" It's ok.. Lets go find it together okay?" I said to her gently.

We both split up and look for it, but it was hard. Fangirls keep on taking pictures of me and I was afraid that by the time I found Jaelin's phone, it was already crushed.  Wait.. Who's that guy talking to Jaelin....? Why is she looking so happy?

I wanted to get closer but these fangirls are following me everywhere... Gotta escape.. I started running and went into the guy's toilet.. Phew.. Lucky escape.. I stayed there for about a few minutes and went back to the same place. 

" Jaelin!" I shouted. And she turned and looked at me. She said bye to that guy and came to me, looking so happy.

I asked her who's that and she started teasing me.But she told me that he's just a sunbae and he found her phone... Well, I admit that I was jealous about the fact that he and Jaelin worked together but hey.. I got her by my side and she's all mine.