Chapter 5

Always There For you

 

The party was great. And when I was going home. I realised I have forgotten my documents professor asked me to do at the coffee shop. Well, I'll have to walk back there.

I opened the door and walked in. Where did I put it? As I was busy looking for it. I heard someone coughed. Is is a burglar? A bad guy? I turned around and let a breathe of relieve.

" L! Oh gosh you almost scared me to death!" I said. He was smiling. 

" Sorry, just thought you might still be open." 

" Do you want some coffee?" She asked?

" No. Just walking by and saw the lights are still on. By the way, where are you going?" He asked.

" Oh, just going home."

" Then why are you dressed so pretty?"

" This? Just went to a sunbaenim's house. He organised a party for me."

" Party?"

" Yeah, it's my birthday today." I said.

" Oh!" And he looked at his watch. " Still 11.30 pm! Happy Birthday Jaelin!" He said.

" Thanks!"

" Sorry I don't have a present for you." He scratched his head, looked embarrassed.

" It's alright."

" What are you doing?" 

" Oh right! I was looking for some documents. Where did I put them?" 

" How does it look like?" He asked.

" I put it in a blue color file." I replied.

" Here it is!" He said handing it to me.

" What? Where was it?" I asked. How could he possibly found it so fast.

" Emm Jaelin. It was on the counter all the time." He laughed.

" Silly me.." I said, pouting.

" You going home alone? It's so late already." He asked.

" Yeah. Maybe I could make it in time for the last bus." I said.

" Jaelin... The last bus is at 11.45. It's 11.55 now."

" Oh no... I guess I'll have to walk then." I said.

" Here, let me walk you home. Besides its just near my house too. And it's too dangerous for a girl like you to walk home alone." He said.

" Really? Thanks! I am actually quite scared to walk home alone." I locked the door and the both of us started walking home. Then it started to snow.

" It's snowing!" I said.

" Yeah, it's so beautiful. Wait, don't you feel cold?" He asked me.

" A little." I was wearing a dress and my old coat. And I felt like I could froze to death.

" Here, take this." L said and gave me his scarf.

" Thanks but won't you feel cold too?" I asked.

" I'll be alright. Besides I'm a guy." He said.

" Aigoo.. Thanks." 

" Jaelin, are you free next Wednesday?" He asked.

" I think so. Why?" 

" I want to bring you to a place." 

" I'm not sure because I might need to work or need to go to school." I said.

" Why don't you text me after you confimed." 

" Well.. I don't have a phone. My old one broke and hehe I couldn't buy a new one." I said.

" Oh... Well nevermind. I'll come find you." 

" Well we're here. This is my apartment. Do you wanna come up and have a hot drink or something?" I asked.
 
" It's alright. Go up and warm yourself." He said.
 
" Okay... Bye."
 
" Bye."
 

L's Point Of View

She's so cute and blur at times. I helped her found her documents and walked her home. The reason I asked her about next Wednesday its my comeback date. And I want to tell her about who I really am. 

When she told me she doesn't have a phone, the very first idea was to get her a phone for her birthday. 

" Sungyeol ah."

" Hmm?"

" Remember the phone you bought but didn't use because a fan gave you a more advanced one?" I asked him.

" You mean the Samsung Galaxy S3?"

" Yeah. Can I have it? Since you're not using it."

" Okay sure! It's in the drawer, you can go take it."

" Thanks Sungyeol. You're the best!" 

I put in the battery and on it. Okay. Now lets charge the battery till it's full and give it to Jaelin. Good job Myungsu, good job!