Chapter 22

Always There For you

It’s good to be back! It’s been a while I have been here, my village. The evening sky here looks so pretty, with the mixture of orange blue and some yellow.

“Grandma!”

“Aigoo… Jaelin ah, you’re back!” Grandma said.

“Is that my granddaughter? You’re back Jaelin!” Grandpa said, rushing from the room.

“How are you? Why didn’t you call us before you came here?” Grandma asked.

“I wanted to give you guys a surprise! Hold on… You guys! Hurry up!” I shouted at the others.

“Jaelin… Why do we have to walk so far?” Sunggyu oppa said, breathing very hard.

“We’re tired.” L said and sat down on the floor.

“Aishh you guys… Don’t you guys dance and have great stamina? What’s all this?” I teased.

“It’s uphill… And we’re carrying so many things.” Sungyeol said.

“Jaelin, who are these young men?” Grandpa asked.

“They are my friends from the city! They came here to have a vacation.” I said. “And umm… This guy here is my boyfriend.” I pulled L’s arm.

“Annyeonghasseyo, Jaelin’s drandpa and grandma.” L said, he looked very shy.

“Aigoo uri Jaelin has grown up! Look at this young man!” Grandma said, looking at L.

“What is your name young man?”  Grandpa asked.

“I am Kim Myungsu.”

“Myungsu ah, come here; let me take a good look at you.” Grandpa said and we giggled.

“What a fine young man.” Grandpa keeps on saying.

“You all must be hungry, come in come in, I’ll make up something for you guys.” Grandma said.

“Let me help you, I haven’t been in your kitchen for such a long time!” I said, showing aegyo towards her.

“Aigoo… Okay now, bring them some water first.” Grandma said.

“Nae!” I said and went to the fridge and bought some green tea that was always there, just in case there will be guests.

Grandpa looked happy talking to the guys. I think having grandsons is great for grandpa as I am their only grandchildren.

“What should I cook for 7 young men?” Grandma asked.

“Beef beef. Everybody loves meat.” I said.

“Beef… With what? Soup? Noodles?”

“Curry! Beef curry! They’ll like it!” I said.

“Ahh… That’s a good idea.” Grandma said and started cooking.

The two of us are so busy cooking that we didn’t realize L entering the kitchen.

“Is there anything I could help?” He asked.

“You? Helping? No thanks.” I joked.

“Come on!”

“Just go rest L, it’s supposed to be your vacation!” I said.

“It’s supposed to be yours too.” He said.

“Shh! don’t let grandma know okay? I don’t want her to worry.” I whispered.

“Hey you two! No lovey-dovey in my kitchen!” Grandma said.

“Sorry grandma. Go out L, if you want to help, go ask Grandpa is he needs any help.” I pushed L out.

“Okay, okay. Don’t push me.” He said.

“And ask the others to help too!” I said.

“Your boyfriend sure does care about you.” Grandma teased me.

“He’s a great person.” I said.

“I can see that.” She said and I smiled.


“Jajang! Dinner is served!” I said while serving the dishes.

“I’m starving!” Dongwoo oppa said.

“Stop! Have you guys washed your hands?” I asked.

“No… Come on guys, let’s go wash up first.” Sunggyu oppa said.

Apparently Grandpa made them go to his field and help him pull out some weeds. And they all looked so tired and dirty, I’m guessing that some of them fell into the mud… I used to fell down there too.

“L? Here’s your tow…” I couldn’t finish my sentence and turned away from him. He was not wearing his shirt! What was I thinking! Yah babo Jung Jaelin!

“Jaelin ah~” He said and hugged me from behind.

“What? Hurry up and wear your clothes dummy, you’ll catch a cold!” I said.

“Hmm… You’re blushing!” He said and poked my cheek.

“I am not!”

“Yes you are!” He said and turned me, facing him.

And before I could even react, he kissed me. I tried to push him away at first but he hugged me even tighter. I couldn’t reject him anymore and kiss him back.

“L! What are you doing there half ?” Woohyun oppa appeared from nowhere.

“Woohyun hyung! You spoiled everything!” Sungyeol said. I just realize that they were peeping at us.

“You guys hurry up and come out!” I said and ran out the room.

“Jaelin, are you alright? Your face is bright red!” Grandma said.

“I’m fine.” I said and rushed outside, I needed some fresh air. It’s embarrassing to let them seeing me and L kissing… Plus, L is half ! What was I thinking!

“Jaelin! Hurry up and come in! Your dinner is getting cold!” I heard Sunggyu oppa calling me.

“Nae!” I replied and went back in. I can see Sunggyu oppa, Dongwoo oppa, Sungyeol, Hoya oppa and Sungjong are all giggling.

“What’s so funny?” Woohyun oppa asked.

“Nothing.” L and I replied at the same time. I can see L is blushing too.

“Aisshh you kids, hurry up and eat your food. It’s not nice if it gets cold.” Grandpa said.

“Jaelin, what do you want to do tomorrow?” Grandma asked.

“Eh? Oh, I wanted to go to the waterfall at the valley. It’s been so long since I went there.” I said.

“Ah, be careful then. The rocks are slippery.” Grandpa said.

“Remember when you almost fell down when you are 9 years old? Luckily your Grandpa was there to save you!” Grandma said.

“I will Grandma, don’t worry!” I said, pouting.

“Don’t worry Grandma, we will protect Jaelin!” Woohyun oppa said.

“I’m more worried of you guys!” Grandma said.

“Ehh?!” The 7 of them said together.

“You bunch of city boys, be careful. Jaelin at least knew the way around and where are the slippery places but you guys don’t. That’s what I’m worried about!” Grandma said.

“Grandma, don’t worry. I can take care of myself and them too.” I said.

“You are bringing lunch there?” Grandpa asked.

“Can I?” I looked at Grandma.

“Of course you can. I’ll prepare it for you.” She said.

“Yay! My grandma is the best!” I said.

“Jaelin ah, where are we sleeping tonight?” Sungyeol asked me.

“Oh yeah. Grandma, is that room still empty?” I asked.

“Yes, it is. And bring the extra sheets from your room too.”

“Nae! But umm the room is kinda small; can the 7 of you fit?” I asked.

“If we don’t, then L will have to go sleep with Jaelin!” Hoya oppa teased.

“Hoya hyung!” L shouted. Grandpa and Grandma were laughing.

“Yeah you should probably sleep with your future bride!” Grandpa joked.

“Grandpa!” Now it’s my turn.

We had fun chatting over dinner and all of them kept on teasing me and L. The only thing the both of us can do is just smile and deny everything.


At last, L really has to come to my room and sleep with me. The room was indeed too small to fit 7 grown men. Although we have cuddled so many times before, it’s still awkward because the atmosphere was different. Besides, it’s my grandparents’ house.

“Jaelin, are you asleep?” L asked.

“No, not yet.” I replied.

I can feel him moving, suddenly he hugged me.

“Ah, it’s the best to be with my yeobo.” He said.

“You’re getting mushy.” I said.

“What? It’s normal because you’re my chagi.” He said.

“Hey, I’m excited to go out tomorrow!” I said.

“I’m worried about you Jaelin ah. I am too, excited but what if you suddenly collapse? Grandpa said those rocks are slippery, what if you fall?” He worries so much sometimes.

“L, I’m getting angry if you continue saying negative stuff.” I said.

“Mianhae Jaelin ah, but I’m just worried.” He said.

“Chill, we’re here on a vacation. Not to worry about small things.”

“Small? Small?” He said.

“Yeah, stop worrying and go to sleep okay? We need to wake up early tomorrow.” I said.

“Okay… Good night yeobo.”

“Good night chagiyah.” I said and the both of us fell asleep slowly.