Chapter 30

Always There For you

L’s Point of View

“Yeobosseyo? Hyung? Where are you?”

“Me? I’m at the bus station waiting, where are you?” Sunggyu hyung said.

“Ah! I saw you!” I saw Sunggyu hyung and ran to him. “Where are the others?”

“Sungyeol said he almost got caught.” Hyung said.

“Aish, with all his shouting, he’s sure to be caught.” I said.

“Hyung!” I heard someone call and the both of us turned.

“Ah Sungjong ah.” I was relieved to see him.

One by one the members started arriving, except for Sungyeol.

“Where’s that kid?” Dongwoo hyung asked.

“Let’s call him.”  Woohyun hyung said. “He’s not answering.”

“What?”

“Did he get caught?” I asked.

“I don’t think so. He has such long legs.” Hoya hyung said and we laughed.

“Hey! You guys!”

“Yah Lee Sungyeol! Where did you go?” Sunggyu hyung asked.

“I got tired of running so I went to buy some Americano. Want some?” He said, smiling.

“We thought you got caught!” Dongwoo hyung said, shaking him.

“Me? Getting caught? Nah!” He said.

We got on the bus and reach there finally, most of us fell asleep in the bus and almost miss our stop.

“So, where is Jaelin’s grandparents’ house?” Sunggyu hyung asked.

“Umm… This way.” I said.

“You sure?” He asked again.

“No, but, let’s just go.” I said. I had no idea where are we going, so, I just try to remember where.

2 hours later….

“Okay, L, just admit it, we’re lost.” Hoya hyung said.

“Ummm… We’re not lost! It’s on a hill right? We’re going on the hill.” I said, unsure.

“L, there are like 3 freaking hills in this place.” Sungyeol said.

“Hyung, call Jaelin.” Sungjong said.

“No, this was supposed to be a surprise for Jaelin!” I said.

“Dude, we’re lost.” Sungyeol said.

“Come on, how big can this place be?” I asked.

“L, don’t be stubborn.” Sunggyu hyung said.

“And… Ta dah! We’re here!” I said, pointing to the house.

“Huh, that’s weird…” Sungyeol looked at me.

“What? I told you I knew where it is.” I said. Actually, it was all just pure luck!

“Annyeonghasseyo?” I knocked on the door but no one answered it.

“That’s weird…” I said and pushed open the door.

“Hyung, we better wait outside.” Sungjong said.

“Shhh the door is not locked what if something happened?” I said, worried.

“Let’s go in.” Sungyeol said and he went in.

“Yah!” Dongwoo hyung tried to grab him but Sungyeol’s long legs were too fast for him.

“Jaelin ah?” Sungyeol whispered.

“Come on, let’s go in.” I said and all 7 of us went in.

We checked everywhere but there was no sign of Jaelin and her grandparents.

“Where could they be?”

“Ahhhhhhhhh! Theives!” I heard someone shouted.

“What? What? Hit him!”

“Chargeeeeee!!!!!!!” And the next thing I know, I have a bunch of kids hanging around me.

“Noona! We caught the thieves! There are 7 of them.” A little boy said to Jaelin.

“Theives?” I heard Jaelin shouted and the sound of running footsteps can be heard.

“See!” The other kids said.

“Puahahahahahaha!” Jaelin started laughing as soon as she saw us, with kids hanging all around us.

“Yah, yah…. A little help here.” Sunggyu hyung said. With two kids hugging his legs, one hanging from his neck and one attached to him, hugging his waist tightly.

“It’s alright kids, they’re my friends, you can let go now.” Jaelin said after a few minutes of laughing.

“Whew! Thanks! I thought my waist is gonna break.” Sunggyu hyung said.

“Kids, go wash up, we’ll be having lunch in a while.” Jaelin said and all the kids ran outside.

“Noona, if they bully you, just shout my name and I will save you!” The same kid who shouted just now said.

“It’s alright Chun Hee ah… Go on.” Jaelin said and gave him a little push.

“I’m watching you hyungs!” He said and went out.

“Kids, you never know what they’ll do next. Oh right, why are you guys here?” Jaelin asked.

“Umm… To umm to visit you….?” Sungyeol said.

“Right…. Sorry, I’m kinda busy right now, with all the kids here.” She said.

“Why are there so many kids here? Besides where’s your grandparents?” Woohyun hyung asked.

“Grandpa and grandma went for a vacation at Jeju Island, they’ll be back next week. And these kids, I’m just helping the orphanage to take care of them. The orphanage is getting some renovations and the kids need a place to stay.”

“They are all staying at your place?” I asked.

“Yup, all in one.” She said.

“Unnie! Chunhee splashed water at my shoes!” A girl came in, crying. “You just bought them for me yesterday!”

“Aish that Chunhee… You guys make yourself at home, I’ll go and see what happened.”

“Hyung, do you like Jaelin noona?”

“Chunhee? Aren’t you outside with the kids?” I was shocked seeing Chunhee inside the house.

“Doesn’t matter, do you like noona?” He asked again.

“Yeah, so?” I asked.

“You can’t because I’ll be marrying noona when I grow up.” He said.

I smiled, this cheeky kid sure is cute in his own ways.

“Andwaeyo~ Because I am marrying Jaelin.”

“Yah hyung!” Chunhee said and gave me a kick.

“Yah you punk!” It hurts! I started chasing Chunhee around the house like a little kid.

“I didn’t know L is so good with kids.” I heard Jaelin said.

“L? That kid is just like an old version of a kid.” Sunggyu hyung said.

“L hyung likes kids so much that he couldn’t resist playing with them everytime he sees one.” Sungjong said.

Jaelin smiled. I have missed that smile.