Chapter 18

Always There For you

"So is everything going well?" L asked me.

"Yeah, your fangirls are all quite nice." I said.

"Of course! Inspirits are always the best!" He said. And I smiled.

"Okay gotta go, I'm making dinner tonight." I said.

"Aww come on.. Come to the practice room?" He asked.

"Why?"

"Because.. I wanna see you!" He said.

"Pshh... Fine.. I'll bring dinner over." I said.

"For all of us?" He asked.

"Yes, for all of us." I said.

"Yay! Sunggyu hyung! Jaelin's cooking tonight!" 

"Okay okay... I'm hanging up. Bye"

I started to think, what should I cook for 7 guys for dinner? And how can I possibly bring it over? Jeez.. Next time I should think before I say something that is impossible to do.

"Ding dong!" My doorbell rang.

"Coming!" How the hell did L get here so fast?

"Jaelin ah..."

"Sunbae! What? Have you been drinking?" I looked at him. The smell of alcohol is so strong.

"What were you thinking? What in the world.." I let him in.

"Jaelin ah, why don't you like me?" He asked.

"Sunbae! You're drunk. Come on let's get you to the bedroom." I took him to the bedroom and laid him down on the bed. When I turned to leave, he pulled my hand.

"Jaelin ah, don't go..." He mumbled.

"Sunbae..." I don't know what to do.

After a few minutes, he fell asleep. I went out and continue cooking.  Before I left the house, I wrote a note to him saying I might be coming home late and if he's hungry, there's food in the fridge, just heat it up before he eat it. 


"You're late." L said when I went down.

"Sorry, was too busy cooking till I forgot the time." I said.

"Wait, let me get that for you."  He said, taking the huge basket I had with me filled with food. "What did you cook?" He asked.

"Sumgyupsal." I said.

"Wah.. Daebak! Did you make bibimbap?" He asked.

"Yeah. It's all inside there." I said, smiling.

"I can't wait anymore! I'm hungry!" He said.

"Look! It's L and his girlfriend!" I heard someone saying.

"Oh they looked so cute together!"

"Umm L... People are looking at us." I said. 

"Gwenchana. Let them look." He said.

"But..."

"No buts.. Come on walk faster, it's getting colder and colder." He said.

When we reach the practice studio, we ran inside and closed the door, preventing people to take pictures of us.

"Yay dinner!" Sungyeol said when he saw us going in.

"Wow, Jaelin you're the best!" Sunggyu oppa said.

"So, what are you guys practicing for now?" I asked.

"Nothing, just the usual, promotions are ending next week and we'll need to be preparing for the next comeback." Sunggyu oppa said.

"What? So soon?" I asked.

"Yeah, our dances are always hard to do, and we need to be synchronized in every step." Hoya oppa said.

"Ah.. I see.." 

"Or maybe we could go be doing tour. Or prepare for a Japan comeback." Woohyun oppa said.

"It depends on the company actually." Dongwoo oppa said.

"I see... Is it hard to be doing this every day?" I asked.

"It might be hard, but it's fun sometimes." L replied.

"I feel like an interviewer now." I said laughing.


Minjae's Point Of View

When I first saw the article about Jaelin and Infinite's L are dating, I felt like a knife struck through my heart. I went to the bar that I always go on weekends.

"Hey Minjae, having the usual?" The bartender asked me.

"Yeah." I replied shortly.

I don't know how much have I been drinking, but the next thing I know, I was walking towards Jaelin's apartment. I rang the bell and Jaelin answered it. She was shocked seeing me at her front door.

I out, the next thing I know, I was on Jaelin's bed. I check the time, 3am. Where is Jaelin? I walked around her apartment, trying to look for her but she's not here. I called her cell phone but she did not answer. I saw the note she wrote for me on the table saying that there's dinner in the fridge if I felt hungry. Speaking of food, I am quite hungry. I heat up the food and started eating. I wanted to apologies to Jaelin but she is not here, I started to walk around her apartment. But everywhere I go I see things related to L. Infinite's album, couple t-shirt hanging in the closet, two toothbrushes on the toothbrush rack, towels of the same color, L's dirty shirts in the washing machine... I felt like I could die now.

Two years ago, when Jaelin fist came to the coffee shop asking if we're hiring anyone, I fell for her the moment I saw her. She was a kind and innocent girl. She always know how to make me laugh, but now... She's someone else's girl. I should have took the chance to tell her when I have it. I regret for not telling her, and now all I can do is to forget about her.