Chapter 34

Always There For you

I have decided to go back to Seoul with L. I know I love him and I just can’t lie to myself anymore.

“You’re really going back noona?” Chunhee asked, pouting.

“Yeah. Noona have to go to school you know. Besides, I left my work and I need to go back. But I promise you, I’ll come back to visit you guys soon, okay?”

“Are you going with L hyung?” He asked again.

“Yes, why?”

“Oh okay. Then I’m relieved.” He replies with a cheeky smile.

“Hey Jaelin? Your phone is ringing!” I heard someone called me.

“Coming!”

“It’s your grandparents.” Sungyeol said and passed me my phone.

“Jaelin, are the kids alright?” I heard grandma’s voice over the line.

“Yeah sure. They’re fine.”

“We’re coming back tomorrow by lunch. Can you be a sweetie and prepare lunch when we got back?”

“Sure grandma, sure.” I said.

“That’s my girl. Okay got to go now. Bye.” She said and hung up. Sometimes, I think my grandmother is a hipster. Doing everything ‘before it was cool’.

I went to my room and flop on the bed. Should I pack now or should I pack later. Better do it now since we might be busy with dinner later.

“Hey, just wondering if you want any jui…ce? What are you doing?” L asked while poking his head through the door.

“Packing.” I replied.

“Where are you going?” He asked.

“Home and school, and work.” I said.

“Where exactly?” He asked, opening the door and walked in.

“Seoul you babo.” I said and smiled.

“Finally!” He said and cupped my cheeks. “I’ve waited long enough.”

I pulled him closer and he rubbed our noses together.

“I’m going to continue packing. Wanna help?” I asked, pushing him away.

“Maybe. Or… I could just lay down here, on the bed, and watch you pack.” He said and jumped onto my bed.

“Idiot.” I said and threw my pillow at him.

“Seems like someone’s in a good mood.” Sunggyu oppa said, peeking.

“Yeah, you two should… You know… Get married.” Woohyun oppa came too, poking his head through the doorway.

“Aww aren’t they sweet?” Sungjong came along too.

“Get out, all of you!” I said and pushed the four of them including L out of my room and slam the door. “Go make dinner or something.” I said.

And I can hear them laughing outside while going downstairs.


Moving back here feels good. I mean it’s great to be at my old house with my grandparents, but staying here, it gives me a nice feeling. Going back to work at the warm coffee shop, smelling the same coffee aroma every day, having day offs during every Sunday, sipping on hot chocolate or tea on cold night, and the best, cuddling with that one person that I love the most, it makes me feel great.

“Jaelin!”

“Hey, Suzy, Hyosung. Nice to see you guys again.” I said.

“You left without a note, calls or a message. I hate you for that.” Suzy said and pouted.

“Yeah, you made us worried sick.”

“Sorry, I was in a rush though.” I said and gave them a big smile.

“Well… If you want to make it up to us….” Suzy said with a smirk.

“Treat us to your famous coffee.” Hyosung continued.

I laughed. Yeah, I definitely missed these two crazy friends I have. “Sure, come by after school ends.”

Well for L, he didn’t tell his CEO anything. We’ve just decided to just not to do anything about it, just don’t say anything. We would still go out together but usually we would just hang out at the coffee shop when it’s near closing hours while I’m doing the night shift. Or we would just go to my house and order some chicken or sometimes jajangmyeon. Sometimes I would go to his dorm, and only INFINITE’s manager knew about this.

He’s a nice guy, he promised to keep it a secret. L and I avoided public places well, because it’s hard explaining to fans and you know, people.

What L had said to me before, about leaving his company and going to the countryside with me, we decided not to do that. His team needs him, his company needs him and his fans, and they’ll go crazy if they knew L left the company just to open up the coffee shop. But he did promise to open one once his contract with his company ended, that is if they decided not to renew it.

But of course they would renew their contract, because they are INFINITE. They are the coolest idol I have seen so far, the nicest too. But something tells me that L was being a little too serious about leaving his company. I would always disagree with him every single time that topic came up.

“I’ve told you a million times, your team needs you.”

“You need me too.” He said and I blushed.

“Well, they need you more. You’re a team.”

“I know but…”

“L, I know you love me, I know you want everything that’s good for me, but I kinda like how things are now. I mean, don’t you think so?”

“What do you mean?”

“There’s no ssasaengs or paparazzi following us everywhere. No pictures taken, no flashlights, no article that needs explanation, I like that.” I said and smiled.

“Well, you’re right but…”

“No more buts. I can wait, another 10 years, 15 years, 20 years it doesn’t matter. Because I know I have you.”

“Do you know you’re the best girlfriend someone could ever ask for?” He said and gave me hug from behind.

“I do, because you always tell me that.” I said and he chuckled.

And oh yeah, his company did somehow announce that we ‘broke up’. The reason they gave is a typical-idol-image excuse, he couldn’t make time for me and felt sorry for me and he asked for the breakup. Sure some people said mean things on the internet but I saw a lot of supportive fans that said it was a pity because we looked like ‘the perfect couple’. Well, all doesn’t matter to me because only we knew the truth.

So the coffee shop has to wait, but I don’t mind. It’s going to be great, both of us knew it would.


That’s the end of the story.

I’m sorry if it seems rushed but I think this story is long enough.

Anyway…

I’m going to write an epilogue for this.

About L and Jaelin a few years later, when the coffee shop opened.