Chapter 32

Always There For you

It was awkward, I have to admit that it’s awkward walking with L after so long. 

“So uhh, where do you think he went?” I asked.

“I don’t know. Maybe that forest?” L said, looking at the forest nearby.

“Let’s go then.” I said and followed L into the forest.

“Chunhee ah! Chunhee!” We shouted his name.

“Where is that kid?” L said and sat down on the rock. We’ve been looking for him for 2 hours now.

“You think he might be hurt?” I asked.

“Let’s hope not.” He said.

Confession, L looks hot when he’s sweating all over. I mean, oh what am I thinking?

“Jaelin?” He called me.

“Huh?” I looked at him.

“Are you okay?” He came near me and asked.

“I’m fine!” I said, feeling my heartbeat beating fast.

“Your face is bright red, are you sure? Do you have a fever?” He asked.

“No, I’m fine! It’s just hot here.” I said.

“Here.” He gave me his handkerchief.

“Huh?” I looked at him.

“To wipe your sweat silly.” He said and wiped my sweat for me.

“Thanks.” I said and we went completely silent.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” He asked.

I know exactly what he meant. But I kept quiet.

“Jaelin…”

“Because I don’t want to ruin your everything.” I said, looking at the ground.

“You are my everything!” He said.

“L, I have caused so much trouble for you, so please. Just don’t do this.” I said.

“You know what? You’re wrong. Do you know why I always work so hard on stage? Because I know you’ll be watching. Why do I always stop by the coffee shop even though I’m tired and worn out? Because of you! You’re the reason I’m still moving ahead Jaelin.” He said.

“But, your company.,.”

“To hell with my company. I don’t care anymore Jaelin. I can just give up this job because of you. I don’t mind.”

“L, I’m sorry.” I said.

“Don’t apologies to me. You don’t have to.” He said.

“Noona!” Someone screamed.

“It’s Chunhee!” I stood up and ran towards the voice.

“Chunhee!”

“”What happened?” I asked him.

“I wanted to help so I went into the forest to look for firewood, but I got lost. And I’m so scared, I’m scared that I might never go out again.” He said, sobbing.

“It’s alright now. Don’t cry.” Jaelin said and hugged him tightly.

“Hey Chunhee, guess what hyung have?” I asked him.

“What?” He sniffed and wiped away his tears.

“Here, it’ll make you feel better.” L said. He gave him a candy, in a shape of a bear.

“Remember Chunhee, you must be brave, live this bear. He’s brave!” L said and ruffled Chunhee’s hair.

“Thank you hyung! You can marry noona now. I like you.” Chunhee smiled and said. I looked at Jaelin and we both exchanged glances.

“Can you walk?” Jaeiln asked him.

“I can’t. I fell and hurt my leg.” He said, pointing at his knee.

“No worries, hyung will carry you!” L said and he gave Chunhee a piggy back ride.

I smiled, L just knows how to deal with kids. Even Chunhee got attached to him. He usually doesn’t open up his heart to anyone, but not L. he sure did capture his heart.

“Guys we’re back!” L shouted as we reach the house.

“What happened?” Jisun unnie asked.

“Just a scratch right Chunhee?” L said.

“Yeah! I’m brave and tough! It’s just a scratch!” Chunhee said and I smiled.

“Okay, let’s get the fire started already.” Sunggyu oppa said.


L’s Point of View

What a day! Thankfully everything went well after that. It was fun. Everyone was singing karaoke at the living room and dancing like crazy. Where is Jaelin?

I stood up and went looking for her. Ah, there she is, sitting there, looking at the stars.

“Hey.” I sat down beside her.

“Hey.” She looked at me.

“What are you thinking about?” I asked.

“What you said earlier, is it all true?” She asked.

“What?”

“You don’t mind giving up what you have now…”

“Yeah. I don’t.” I said. “We can open up a coffee shop here, a café, and have you as the barista. Seeing the same face every day, greeting people ever morning. Smelling the aroma of coffee every day, relaxing like now, looking at the stars every night.”

“I didn’t say I want to be your barista.” She said and made a face.

“Come on, no fair!” I said and gave her a headlock.

“Hey!” She struggle to get out.

For that moment, everything seems nothing to me. Being here with Jaelin is the best thing ever. I don’t want to go back to the city life. I just want to stay here with her.