Chapter 4

Always There For you

" Yawn.... I'm so sleepy!" I yawned. Gosh I felt so tired.

" Were you up all night talking to Minjae sunbae?" Hyosung teased me.

" Hyosung! You know we're just friends!' I said.

" Then what were you doing?" Suzy asked.

" Nothing!" I lied. I was wide awake, thinking of where Minjae sunbae and Jisun unnie went.

" Dark circles Jaelin. Dark circles." 

" Yeah whatever Hyosung.. Whatever." I don't really care about makeup.

" Anyway.. Happy Birthday Jaelin!" Hyosung said. " And this is from Suzy and me." She gave me a bag. I looked inside.

" Makeup? From Etude House?" I asked.

" Yeah. We are very worried about you and taking care of your skin. So Suzy gave you the skin care products and I gave you the makeups."

" Wow thanks." I said.

" Jael.... Whoa! Did you got punch in the face?" Minjae sunbae said.

" Sunbae! I.. You.. " I'm lost for words. Now is the time to worry about makeup.

" Anyway.. You free tonight?"

" Why?" I was getting kind of excited. A date?

" Umm... Come to my place tonight." 

His place? Omo! What? " Yeah.. Sure.. Okay..."

" So.. See you tonight?" 

" Yeah." And he walked away, smiling.

" Jaelin! Are you hiding something from us?" 

" Hyosung ah... If I faint now, can you hold me?" 

" Aigoo..." 


I sighed. I tug my dress and smooth out the wrinkles on them. I take a big breath and ring the door bell.

" Ah... You're here. I was about to call you to see if you remembered.

Are you kidding me? This is like the best day I had in my life.

" Before you go in. Close your eyes." 

" But why?"

" Just do it." And I did. He held my hand and led me in.

" Now open your eyes."

" Surprise!" Everone shouted. There was Jisun unnie, Hyosung, Suzy and Hansun.

" Wow... " I'm lost for words. I can't even think straight.

" Happy Birthday Jaelin." Jisun unnie said and gave me a present. It was a dress.

" Thanks unnie." 

" And from me." Sunbae said.

" It's nice." I said as I looked at the neckalce he gave me.

" Thanks to Jisun I got to choose this. I was having a headache on which to choose." Sunbae said.

" Is it because of this the two of you went missing the other day?" Hansun asked.

" Yup. You know I don't know much about girl stuff." He said, smiling.

" Jaelin you little rascal!"

" What? Hey stop tickling me!" I twisted my body as Hyosung and Suzy tickle me.

" You and sunbae are dating right? That's why he made this party for you." 

" No we are not! How many times do I have to tell you? Geez.." I said.

" Jaelin! Come here quick and blow out the candles!" Sunbae called me.

" Nae!"     


L's Point Of View

I went to the coffee shop again tonight. I wish to see her, to talk to her again. But when I got there, it was closed. There was a sign that said " Closed Early. Sorry For The Inconvineint." 

I sighed. Well, I'll try my luck tomorrow. When I was about to turn and walk back. I see someone going up the door and opened it. Is that Jaelin? With curiosity, I walked there.

It was her! She's wearing a nice dress. Where is she going? She seemed to be looking for something? I coughed. And she turned around, alarmed.