Chapter 19

Always There For you

"Morning!" I said as I enter the kitchen.

"Ah Jaelin! Morning!" Jisun unnie said.

"I see sunbae is back." I said as I saw him making coffee.

"Yeah, he said he was suffering from back pain the whole week. Old man..." Unnie said.

"Good morning." I said to sunbae.

"Ah you're here finally! I was having trouble with the hot water, can you help me?" Sunbae asked. He was gone when I went back to my apartment this morning. I fell asleep at L's dorm and forget that I have to work today.

"Sure!" I said. I was kinda glad that we're back to normal again, instead of being awkward all the time.

"Thanks! And umm.. Sorry about last night... I was kinda crazy to be that drunk and going to your house like that. Whew!" He said.

"It's alright." I said.

"Ehem... So you're finally back to work!" Oh no... Why does Hana like our coffee shop so much?

"Good morning Hana ssi! Nice to see you here! What would you like to have?" Sunbae asked. Wait he know this girl?

"Oh oppa! The last time I ordered the Americano thing that you recommended, it was really nasty! At last I have my latte as usual." She said.

Unnie and I started giggling at each other. Only we knew what happened.

"Oh really? Well, why don't you try this? Dark chocolate coffee? It was originally made by Jaelin." Sunbae said.

"What? Her? Okay.. I'll try anything oppa asked me to try!" She said.

"Jaelin can you make it? I tried making before but it was.... You know... Hahahaha..." Sunbae said laughing.

"Sure and umm... Sunbae, you know her?" I asked.

"Yeah, she's my friend's sister." He replied.

"Ah.. Arraso." 

"Jaelin, what is she doing here again?" Unnie asked.

"Apparently she's sunbae's friends's sister."

"What? Oh god... She's so.. Annoying!" 

"I know right?"


"Professor! Mianhae I was late. I was looking for these." I show him the research papers that I found.

"Ah... These will be very useful. Keep it inside my drawer please Jaelin ssi."

"Nae.." 

"So... I saw the news... Of uri Jaelin ssi.."

"Professor you what?"

"Hahaha, I keep track to these stuff you know. You know to keep up with my children." He said.

"Oh..."

"So how does it feel like dating an idol?" He ask.

"Well, he's a nice guy, even though there might be times where he'll be doing too much promotion, but I understand how hard he works. Plus, he's dating me, I'm afraid that his album sales will drop." I said.

"Jaelin ssi, you're worrying too much. A true fan of his will always be a fan. They will always think about their idol's happiness, am I right?"

"Well, I guess so.."

"So, stop worrying. Okay? Now.. Let's observe our specimen and then we'll need to do another new one." Professor said.

"Okay. Thanks professor." I said.

"Namjaga saranghal ttaeen kkok hangsang gyeote meomulmyeonseo neul haejugo sipeunge cham manha" My phone started ringing.

"Mianhae professor, I'll answer this." I said.

"Yeah, yeah sure."

"Yeobosseyo?"

"Yeobosseyo? Noona! L hyung is in trouble!" Sungjong sounded so worried.

"Why? What happened?" 

"He fell down into the open hole on stage and broke his leg. And now, he's having a fever!" 

"What? Where is he now?" I asked.

"In the hospital."

"Right. I'll be there in a few minutes." I said.

"Is everything alright?" Professor asked.

"Professor I'm really sorry but.... l.. He he..." I couldn't finish my sentence.

"I understand, you can go now." He said.

"Thank you professor!" I said and rushed out of the lab.


"Yeobosseyo? Sungjong? Which room is he in? 316? Arraso! Gomawo!"

I ran all the way to his room and when I opened the door, he was there, watching tv and eating a lolipop.

"Hey! What brings you here?" He looked at me.

"Are you alright? What happened?" I asked.

"Nothing much. Fell down, broke my leg and my hurts." He said.

"How is that nothing much? How are you going to dance?" I was so worried that I started crying.

"Hey... Hey don't cry.. This will heal in a few months." He said.

"Babo! Babo! Why are you so careless? Why didn't you check before you walk?" I hit him.

"Chagi, look at me, look at me.." He hold my face. "I'm fine okay? I'm just so tired that I lost my footing. It'll be alright. Ouch!" 

"Did I hurt you?" I stop hitting him.

"No.. Just joking with you." He said and smiled.

"You... I hate you!" I said and turned away.

"Hey.. Come on.. Just joking..." He said.

"But, are you sure you can dance again in a few months?"

"Yeah it will! If it doesn't you will take care of me forever won't you?" He asked.

"You wish!" I said.

"Aww.. Come on... If not how am I suppose to walk and make food for myself? It's hard you know?" He said.

"Just.. Please promise me you will take care next time. Don't be so careless!" I said.

"Yes maam! I will!" He said and I smiled.