Chapter 20

Always There For you

 

Even though L have been in the hospital, the assignments given by professors are a must do.

“Jaelin… I’m feeling so lazy to do this.” L said as he saw the piles of paper I had for him.

“Well, you still have to do it, what’s so hard L? It’s just type type type away from the laptop.” I said.

“I’m a busy person.” He said.

“Yeah… A busy eating person.” I said. “Can you stop eating that?”

“What? It’s from my fans!” He said.

“Fine, fine.” I’m leaving, I need to go to work.” I said.

“You’re coming over right tonight?” He asked.

“Maybe… I’ll try if I can.” I said.

“Jaelin ah, take care of yourself okay? Don’t wear out your own body.” He said.

“I won’t. And you take care too.” I said.

I have to admit that it was a little bit hard to be working and studying at the same time, but I think I can cope with this.

“Hey Jaelin.” Unnie said.

“Hey…”

“Hey you looked pale, are you alright?” Sunbae asked.

“Yeah, I’m alright.” I said.

“You know what, why don’t you go home and rest now. We can handle it.” Unnie said.

“You sure?” I asked.

“Yes, now go! Go have some rest! I know your finals are coming soon and you’re a little stressed out.” Sunbae said.

“Okay… I’ll go back now. Bye.” I said.

I didn’t went back home, I went to the hospital to see L.

“I thought you’re going to work?” He asked.

“Yeah I went but they asked me to go home and rest. So instead of going home, I came to see you.” I said.

“Jaelin, you looked pale, should I call a doctor or something?” He asked.

“Nah, I’m fine!” I said.

“No, Jaelin, you’re really pale. Hold on I’ll call the doctor.” He said and pressed the red button.

The nurse and doctor came rushing in.

“I’m sorry to bother you doctor but my girlfriend here looks so pale and I thought she might need some medical attention.” L said.

“Right, you’re miss..?”

“Miss Jung Jaelin.” I said.

“Okay, Miss Jung now if you may, follow us to the examine room.” The doctor said.

“Sure.” I said and went with the doctor.

“Let me take your blood pressure.” The nurse said. “Your blood pressure is getting really low.”

“Nurse, take her blood samples too.” The doctor said.

The nurse took my blood sample and the doctor asked her to send it to the lab.

“Miss Jung, you’re sugar levels are very low. Have you been taking regular meals?” He asked.

“No, not really.” I said.

“Are you experiencing nose bleeding often.” He asked.

“Yeah, these few days I have been having nose bleeding.” I said.

“I have sent your blood samples to the lab and I will contact you when the results are out. And Miss Jung, please take care of yourself. Take your meals regularly, you understand?”

“Yes doctor, I understand.” I said and went out.

“So what did the doctor said?” L asked.

“Nothing much, took my blood sample and asked me to rest more, that’s all.” I said.

“Phew! You make me nervous you know that?” He said.


A month later, I received a call from the hospital, telling me that my blood test results are out and want me to go collect it.

“Miss Jung, right?”

“Yeah.”

“Doctor is ready to see you.” The nurse said and let me in.

“Miss Jung, sit down please.” The doctor seemed a bit sorrow.

“What’s wrong doctor?” I asked.

“Well, I have read your reports and went through it a few times, I have bad news for you.” He said.

“What is it?” I asked.

“You have leukemia.” He said.

I was stunned. I didn’t know what to do. I was shocked.

“So, can it be cured?” I asked. I already know the answer but I just wanted a little hope.

“If we find the suitable bone marrow for you.” The doctor said.

“I understand.” I said.

The doctor explained so much to me but I couldn’t listen anymore. I felt like breaking down and cry. But no, I stayed strong.

“Chagiyah… I’m hungry!” L said. “Chagi!”

“Huh?”

“I’m hungry!”

“Oh, I’ll make something for you.” I said, getting up from the couch and went to the kitchen.

“Are you alright?” He asked.

“Me? I’m fine!” I said.

“You don’t seemed to listen to me every time I talked to you.” He said.

“Sorry, just a little tired.” I said, giving him his sandwich.

“Come here.” He said and he pulled my hand and hugged me.

“L…”

“Come on, tell me okay? I am your boyfriend! I promised to take care of you.” He said.

“I… I… I have leukemia.” I said, crying.

“What?” He sounded shock.

“Yes… I have leukemia.” I said again, sobbing hard.

“Are you sure?” He asked, looking at me.

“Yes, the doctor said so. Yesterday I went to the hospital to take my blood test results.” I said.

“Jaelin…” He hugged me tighter. “It’s alright, it’s all gonna be alright.”

“L… I’m scared.” I said.

“Me too Jaelin, me too… We will find a solution okay? We will find a suitable bone marrow for you.” He said.


L’s Point Of View

When Jaelin told me that she had leukemia, I was heartbroken. My girl, the girl I have promise to protect, to take care of, is now sick.

“What are we doing here L?” Sunggyu hyung asked as we stood in front of the hospital.

“We’re here to have a bone marrow test.” I said.

“What?” They all stared at me.

“Why?” Hoya hyung asked.

I told them everything and everyone has the same reaction as I have.

“So where’s Jaelin?” Dongwoo hyung asked.

“She’s at home. I told her to rest.” I said.

“Then we should do this, who knows maybe the suitable bone marrow is just between us.” Woohyun hyung said.

“Yeah, hyung’s right.” Sungjong said and we went in.

After that, I called Jaelin to check on her and she sounded normal and was back to herself again.

“You sure you’re fit to go working?” I asked.

“Yeah, well maybe not today but tomorrow?” She said.

“You sure?”

“Yes I am. L, I’m fine!” She said.

“I know Jaelin, I’m just worried.” I said.

“It’s okay L, like you said, everything will be alright.” She said.