Chapter 28

Always There For you

Yesterday was a lot of fun with Minjae oppa… He’s such a nice person and I kinda feel bad that I rejected him without even give him a chance. Wait, what? Snap out of it Jung Jaelin ah! You’re L’s girlfriend! Or maybe ex-girlfriend…

“Jaelin? Open the door!” I heard someone knocking the door.

“Nae, coming!” I opened the door and saw Sunggyu oppa and Sungyeol this time.

“Ah… Come in.” I said and let them in.

“So… Do you want to tell us anything?” Sunggyu oppa is the first one to talk.

“I’m not very sure if I should say this…” I said, not looking at his eyes.

“Jaelin, just tell us?” Sungyeol said.

“I can’t! I promised I’ll never tell… Plus, it’s something that might affect your career, do you still want to know?” I asked.

“Yes.” The both of them said.

“Okay, fine!” I said and told them everything.

“That’s quite a serious matter… But why would he want to separate you after approving you two?” Sunggyu oppa said.

“I don’t know… Do you think he has something in mind?” I asked.

“Maybe he just wants to, you know, bring the sales back up?” Sungyeol said.

“Ah… That’s the reason… If so, then I’ll just let it be then… I don’t want to ruin you guys’ career.” I said.

“Jaelin, if you don’t make up with L, I think INFINITE will get worst! He’s not even concentrating during practices, he doesn’t listen when we’re talking and he’s just like the walking dead. He has no feelings in everything he does now.” Sunggyu said.

“He’s in that bad condition?” I asked.

“Yeah… He’s like a zombie, I wonder if he even sleeps at night.” Sungyeol said.

I sighed, things are getting complicated.

“Jaelin?”

“I’ll see what I can do…” I said.

They left after a while and I just sat there, don’t know what to think, and don’t know what to do. Just as I was about to call L, my phone rang.

“Yeobosseyo?” Ah… INFINITE’s CEO…

“Nae, yeobosseyo…”

“Jaelin ssi, I see you have done what I asked for. Thank you. But Myungsu seems a little down…” He said.

What do you expect? He too is a human being, not a working machine!

“So I want to ask a favor from you, if it’s okay.” He said.

“What is it?” I asked.

“Leave the country until Myungsu forgets about you.” He said.

I was stunned… What?

“Eh….?”

“Don’t worry, we’ll provide everything for you. Plane tickets, a place to stay, education and a job too.” He said.

“Where to?” I asked.

“To London.” He said.

“London!?” Oh god… That far?

“Yes, I believe you’re also taking English Literature as one of your major, am I right?”

“Yes…”

“So that shouldn’t be a problem.” He said.

“I’m sorry but I refuse.”

“What did you say?”

“Forget about London. I’ll do things on my own. You don’t have to worry about anything.” I said.

“Do you have other places in mind? We’ll arrange anything for you.”

“Like I said, I can settle things myself.” I said and hung up.

Right now, there’s only one place I really want to be… I packed my bags and went off.


“Jaelin, are you sure you are not going back to school?”

“Grandma… Let me rest for a while…” I said. That’s right; I’m back at my Grandma’s house. Back to the old place.

“What happened dear?” Grandma asked, sitting down on my bed.

“Nothing… I just felt like coming back to visit you guys.” I lied.

“Really?”

“Yeah…. Really.” I said.

“You always tilt your head to the right when you lie you know that?”

“Huh?”

“I have been your grandmother since you were born, I know everything about you. Even when you’re lying I can see that.” Grandma said.

I kept quiet and just stare at my grandma.

“Things are getting bad with Myungsu?” She asked.

“How did you know?” I asked.

“You’re just like your mother… I remember she had a massive fight with your father and she came back here, just like you, and wouldn’t want to go back.” Grandma said, patting my head.

“And then what happened?” I asked, I never get to know my parents very well.

“Well, the next day, your father came here, bringing gifts and apologized to your mother. He even proposed to her, right here in your room. This used to be your mum’s room you know.”

“Wow, father is quite romantic.” I said and smiled.

“Your mother agrees and a few years later, we have you.” Grandma said.

“Ah… So that’s what happened. I never knew…” I said.

“Jaelin, Myungsu is a nice kid, don’t let him down. Believe in yourself and believe in him too.”

“Arasso…” I said and Grandma said.

“Okay, I’ll go make dinner now. Wanna help?”

“Yes!” I said and got up from my bed.

I thought over what Grandma had said, maybe she’s right. But what will happen to L if they found out…?


L’s Point of View

No calls, no texts, she’s not even in class, where is she?

“Umm… Hyosung, have you seen Jaelin these few days?” I asked Hyosung.

“No I haven’t.” She replied.

“That’s weird, Jaelin never skip classes.” Suzy said.

“Yeah, did something happened between you two?” Hyosung said and glared at me.

“What? Pfftt no!” I said.

“You better don’t do anything stupid to her, or else!” Hyosung said.

“Yah yah Hyosung, you scaring him.” Suzy said and laughed.

Where is she? Should I make a stop at the coffee shop? Or maybe her house?

I stop by her work place first to check if she’s there.

“Jaelin told me she’ll be gone for a while, but I’m sure where.” Jisun noona told me.

“Do you really have no idea where did she go?” I asked.

“Sorry L, but we really don’t know.” Minjae hyung said.

“Okay… Thanks and sorry for bothering you.” I said and went out.

I walked to Jaelin’s apartment next to see if she leaves anything behind, telling us where she is. Where are my keys? Oh right… I threw it on the floor that night… Wait, Jaelin told me there would always be an emergency key outside here somewhere. Where is it again? Ah! Found it inside the mailbox! I opened the door and went in.

It’s so quiet in here; I started looking around to see if Jaelin had left anything behind. Ah, there’s a note on her coffee table. Clearly she knew that I would come back here, that was a note written for me.


So sorry guys for not updating for quite a time! Too busy going out for band competitions and it's holiday! Time to laze around. Well, I'll try to update soon and I can't guarantee when cause I have tons of holiday homework to do! Love you guys and thanks for reading and subscribing!