Chapter 6

Always There For you

" Jaelin ah! Could you come in for a moment?" I can hear Minjae sunbae shouting.

" Nae!" I wonder whats wrong? I walked to the kitchen.

" Umm... Where di you put all the flour?"

" Sunbae... How long h ave you been out of the kitchen?" I asked.

" A month or more..."

" It's inside the cupboard. And the sugar are right next to it, eggs in the fridge... Wait.. Are you going to bake a cake?"

" Yeah.. Why not?"

" Sunbae... Have you forgotten that you almost burnt the whole shop down last time you tried to bake a cake?"

" It was an accident! I fell asleep during that time."

" Right... I'll just go back outside." I escape befor he could nag at me. 

I walked out and saw a box on the counter. On the box there was a card writing: " Jaelin ssi, happy birthday. I have to give you a present but I know if I gave it to you directly, you would reject this present. So, here you go!- L. P.s Call me! The number is already inside."

I got curious and opened it. What? A Samsung Galaxy S3? L's right! I would reject this if he gave me directly, I mean, how could he give me something so expensive? I couldn't accept this!

" Wow Jaelin! Nice phone! I see it's a present!" Jisun unnie said.

" Yeah, from a friend."

" Your friend must be rich to give you a phone like this."

" Yeah.. Maybe.."

I called L, his contact number was already saved in the contact list.

" L... Thanks but this is too expensive! I can't possibly accept this." I said.

" Jaelin ah, actually I did not bought that phone." He said.

" Bwo?"

" You see my friend bought it and umm he got a newer phone so he didn't use it." 

" But but... "

" Come on...  Are you dissapointed because I didn't buy it but instead got it for free?" He asked.

" No! Its great but... Too great." I said.

" Just use it. Anyway if you don't have a phone, what if you get in trouble and can contact no one?" He asked.

" You got a point but this.."

" Jaelin ssi.. I getting angry!" He said, half aegyo-ing with me.

" Arraso.. I'll use it. And I will protect it like it's my own child!" I said.

" Call me whenever you want! I'll be here to talk to you!" He said.

" L ah.. Thank you. You really are a great friend." I said.


L's Point Of View

I was walking to the coffee shop when I suddenly thought of something. What if she doesn't want it? What if she said that she couldn't accept it. I can't gave it to her directly!

I went in and heard someone calling for Jaelin from the kitchen. Great! Now's my chance! I put it on the counter, scribbled some words on the card I bought earlier and put it on the box. I went out just in time and hid behind a signboard opposite the coffee shop and I could see Jaelin's expression when she opened the present.

My phone rang. As expected it was Jaelin. I answered it and she starts nagging at me. I smiled. She looks so cute when she's nagging. I explained to her the importance of having a phone and how I got that phone. And finally I suceed in convincing her. She said she'll use it and protect it like her very own child. How cute can she get?

She hung up the phone and I smiled. I am satisfied with myself. My phone rang again, it was manager hyung.

" Nae arraso. I'll go now." I said and walked to our dance studio.