Chapter 21

Always There For you

So, I told Jisun unnie and sunbae about my condition and they were shocked as well.

“What? Are you alright Jaelin?” Unnie asked.

“I’m perfectly fine unnie, I…”

“You sure you don’t want to take a rest?” Sunbae asked.

“What? No… You two… Calm down! I’m fine, look! I’m perfectly fine!” I said as they panicked over me.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes! Oh why do you guys like to over react?” I asked.

“Because… We’re worried about you. You’re like family to us.” Jisun unnie said.

“Thanks unnie.”

“Does L know?” Sunbae asked.

“Of course he does…” I said.

“Jaelin, Jaelin… What can we do?” Unnie seemed extremely worried.

“Unnie, I’m fine, really!” I said.

But unnie and sunbae just kept quiet and looked at me.

“Yeobosseyo?” I answered L’s call.

“Jaelin! Are you alright? Feeling anything?” He asked.

“L… I’m fine! Gosh! Why does everyone keep on asking me about this?”

“I’m worried… Ah… I have told Hyosung and Suzy about your condition… The both of them have already gone for the bone marrow test.” He said.

“You what?”

“Don’t worry Jaelin, we’ll find a suitable one soon.” He told me.

“L… Just relax okay? Focus more on your promotions and don’t worry so much okay?”

“But…”

“Ah! Gotta go! Working hours you know.” I said and hang up.

“Why are you talking to L like this?” Unnie asked.

“I don’t want him to worry too much, besides, he has his own problems.” I said.

“Jaelin, whether you like it or not, me, Minjae and Hansun are going to do the bone marrow test. Maybe one of ours will be suitable for you.” Unnie told me.

“Unnie, thank you but don’t tire yourself too.” I said.

“Don’t worry; I’m as healthy as a horse!” She said and laughed.


“Jaelin! Your nose is bleeding!” L said.

“Huh? Oh shoot!” I said, my hands are covered in blood.

“Here, a tissue!” He said, giving me a tissue.

“Noona, are you sure you’re fine?” Sungjong asked.

“Yeah, Jaelin this is the 4th time today.” Sunggyu oppa said.

“I’m fine, maybe is the weather, it’s too hot!” I said.

“It’s dripping!” Sungyeol shouted.

“Sorry! I’ll wipe that up!” I said, taking another tissue.

“Maybe we should go see a doctor.” L said.

“Nah… I’m fine…” I said.

“Here, drink more water.” Hoya oppa said.

“Thanks oppa.”

“L, bring Jaelin to your room now. She needs more rest.” Sunggyu oppa said.

“I’m fine! I promised you guys I’ll stay up with you to see your new choreography!” I said.

“But you’re in this condition!” Woohyun oppa said.

“Don’t worry… You guys worry too much you know that?” I said.

“You sure?” L asked.

“Yes! Now hurry up! I want to see it!” I said.

They started dancing but I felt so tired, my eyelids are closing but I hang on. I promised I’ll stay up with them. L keeps glancing to check if I was alright, I just gave him a smile and he smiled back. I sighed, maybe all this would be a dream after all.


L’s Point Of View

“Jaelin!” All of us got shocked when Jaelin suddenly fainted in the practice room.

We sent her to the hospital right away and the doctor said that she has been losing too much blood and need to rest more.

“Doctor, is there any news for the bone marrow?” I asked.

“We’re still running tests. Don’t worry Myugsu, everything will be fine.” The doctor said.

“Poor, Jaelin… First she had to leave her village to come here and work, now this.” Sunggyu hyung said.

“Yeah…”

“Hyung… Can I bring Jaelin back to her village? Just to let her relax and rest there. You know. Country sides are always more quiet and relaxing.” I said.

“That’s a good idea L! We should all go too! You know, do some healing, we’ve been doing too many promotions lately.” Dongwoo hyung said.

“I’ll ask manager hyung. And L, you ask Jaelin.” Sunggyu hyung said.

“Okay. I will.”

“L?” Jaelin called me.

“Yeah? I’m here.”

“Where is this place?”

“You’re in the hospital, silly. You fainted and we sent you here.” I said.

“I’m sorry I’m causing so much trouble. I’m really sorry.” She looked sad.

“Hey, guess what? We’re going to your village!”

“What for?” She asked.

“Just letting you go home, meet your family, rest there. Besides, country sides are always the best place for us to rest and relax.” I told her.

“L, are you sure we can?” She asked.

“Why not? Sunggyu hyung will try to persuade manager hyung, if not, we’ll all run away.”

“Run away?” She seemed shocked.

“It’s nothing; we used to have a program where we keep on running away to places and spend our manager hyung’s money.” Sungyeol said.

“Wow… That seems fun.” She said and smiled.

“I’ve called manager hyung, he said okay! Guys, let’s go for a vacation!” Sunggyu hyung said.

“Yay!” We all shouted.

“Shhh! You guys! We’re in a hospital!” Jaelin said and we just laughed.