Chapter 29

Always There For you

‘L, I know that you’ll come back here and so, I’m writing this for you. First… I’m sorry. I’m sorry for everything, please just forget me. I know it’s hard for you to forget someone that you really love, but please. I have my own reasons to leave you and no, there is no other guy. I know that I’ll need to back off so you can live better… Second, don’t go around looking for me. It would be useless… I can be anywhere. This moment I could be at Paris, the other I could be at London… So please, just forget about me. You are a great person L, such great person like you deserve someone who is much, much better than I am. Like I’ve said before… We are from completely different backgrounds and I am just someone who is pulling you backwards. So, listen to me, just this time… Forget about me and move on with your life. I’m sure you’ll find someone better than me. Take care, okay? Jaelin.’

That’s it? She left just like that? No goodbyes? No phone calls? What is she thinking? I called her phone and as I had expected, no answer. I went back to my company and borrow Sungyeol’s phone and called her again, and still… No answer. Maybe she doesn’t want to answer any phone calls from Infinite. Guess I’ll need to use manager hyung’s phone then. She doesn’t answer any single calls huh?

As I was staring into blank, my phone rang.

“Yeobosseyo? L?”

“Jaelin! Finally you called me…”

“I was in the bathroom… And I can see that… 20 missed calls… What the hell L?” She said.

“Sorry…” I said and we both laughed a little.

“So… Where are you?” I asked after a few moments of awkward silent.

“Did you read the letter?” She asked.

“Yes.”

“Then? Why are you asking me this?” She said.

“Well… I just wanted to make sure you’re okay.” I said.

“I’m fine…” She said.

“Good to know…” I really don’t know what to say to her anymore.

“So… If you have nothing to say to me, I’ll just need to go now.” She said.

“Yeah… Alright… Bye.”

“Bye.” She said and hung up.

I sighed. Why wouldn’t she just let me know where is she? I just want to see her. I know it may sound a little creepy… But still, I miss her.

“L!”

“Ah, Sunggyu hyung. What’s up?”

“We have something really important to tell you.” Sungyeol said.

“What?”

“Not here, let’s go back to the dorm. The other members should know too.” Sunggyu hyung said and we went back to our dorm.

“What is it hyung?” Sungjong said while rubbing his eyes. I guess the others were just having a nap.

“Why are you guys always sleeping when you’re free? Go practice or something!” Sunggyu hyung said.

“Hyung… Main point please.” Hoya hyung said.

“Oh right.” Sunggyu hyung told us everything about Jaelin.

“So they’re just blaming Jaelin for our sales drop?” Woohyun hyung said.

“Yeah…” Sunggyu hyung said and nodded his head.

I stood up, grab my coat and head for the door.

“Where are you going?” Sungyu hyung asked.

“To look for Jaelin.” I said and went out.

Where do I even start? I don’t know where she’ll go…. I called both Hyosung and Suzy and she’s not with them. Where could she be? Ahh this is frustrating!

“Yeobosseyo?”  I answered my ringing phone.

“Is this Myungsu?”

“Nae, it’s Kim Myungsu.” I replied.

“Ah, it’s me. Jaelin’s grandma.”

“Ah Grandma! How are you?” I asked.

“I’m fine. I just want to ask you, did you have a fight with Jaelin?”

“Kinda… I guess….”

“She’s over here, at our place if you want to know.”

“Jinjja? Omo! Is she alright?” I was happy to hear the news.

“Yes she’s fine. Now, here’s what I want you to do….”

I listen to what Jaelin’s grandma told me and smiled.

“Nae! I understand! I’ll be there tomorrow.” I said.

I smiled to myself after hanging up and walked back to the dorm.


“Where are you going this early?” Manager hyung asked as I wear my shoes.

“Do we have schedules today?” I asked.

“There’s practice….” He replied.

"Hyung... Mianhae..." I said.

"Wae wae?"

“ I’ll be back around evening! Annyeong!” I said and sprint out of the house before he can catch me.

It feels like Sesame Player all over again… I took out my phone and called Sunggyu hyung.

“Hyung! Time for our plan to go on.” I said and smiled.

We have planned to escape from manager hyung yesterday night. All of them would escape one by one and the last one will have to be fast and clever, and that I have to admit, Sungyeol is the person for that.

“Wae? Why do I have to be the last one to get away?” He asked.

“Because you’re fast and clever.” We said.

“Remember Sesame Player?” I asked.

“Yeah…. You shouted the most too….” Dongwoo hyung said.

“Fine, fine… On one condition.” He said.

“What?” I asked.

“Ice Americano jusseyo!” He said.

“Fine arasseo!” I said and we laughed.