Chapter 23

Always There For you

 

“Chagi wake up!” I shouted at L.

“5 more minutes…” He mumbled.

“Fine…” I said and gave him a kick, but there was no response.

I went to the other guys’ room. They are sleeping in different kind of ways. Sungyyu oppa’s head is on Woohyun oppa’s stomach, Sungyeol long legs are on Hoya oppa’s chest and Sungjong is crouching in one end of the room. Dongwoo oppa is next to Sungjong, sleeping with his mouth wide open.

“Oppa, oppa wake up!” I said, shaking Sunggyu oppa.

“What? Are we late for schedules?” He said, suddenly sitting up.

“No, we’re supposed to be going to the waterfall remember?”

“Ah… Right. Yah, wake up!” He said, hitting Woohyun oppa.

“Uhmmm….”Woohyun oppa tossed and turned.

“Yah. Pailli! Wake up!” He said, hitting  Hoya oppa and Sungyeol  too.

“Sungjong ah, wake up.” I said, patting his shoulder.

“What? Where are we?” He said, rubbing his eyes.

“We’re going to the waterfalls, hurry up and get ready and come out to have your breakfast.” I said and went out. Whoa, they sure are violent when it comes to waking up. Sunggyu oppa hitting everyone with the pillow and Woohyun oppa tickling everyone’s foot.

“Morning sunshine.” L said suddenly.

“So, you’re finally awake.” I said.

“Yeah, I was early huh?” He said, peeking into the other room.

“Yeah… Real early.” I said in a sarcastic tone.

“Hey, at least I don’t hit people like that.” He said.

I just smiled and continue folding the sheets on the floor.

“Where’s my morning kiss?” He asked, hugging me from behind.

“Go brush your teeth. Morning breath.” I joked.

“Fine.” He said and went out but came back later. “Now?”

“I’m busy, hold on.” I said, still folding the sheets.

“Come on. Just one.” He said and turned me around.

I looked at him and hugged him tightly.

“What happened? Are you crying?” He was shocked to see me suddenly crying.

“Nothing… But L, thank you. Thank you for everything. If you haven’t meet me, you wouldn’t be living so difficultly now. You have to worry about me every time...”

“Shh… Don’t say that! I wanted this okay?  I choose to be with you! So don’t blame yourself.” He said, wiping away my tears.

“Thank you…”

“So, am I getting my kiss or not?” He asked and I laughed. I gave him a peck on the lips and went off.

“That’s all?” He asked.

“Yeah, I’m busy now. Maybe later.” I said and gave him a wink.

“Sure? No, I want now.” He said and pulled me back, kissing me on my lips.

“Jaelin? Your lunch basket is ready. And ask the guys to hurry up and get ready, they’re still fighting in the room.” I heard Grandma shouting from the kitchen.

“Yes Grandma.” I pulled away from L. “Get ready, we’re going after breakfast.”

I walk pass the guys’ room and heard them shouting at each other.

“Don’t step on me leg!” Sunggyu oppa shouted.

“Should I bring sunglasses?” Hoya oppa asked.

“Should we like bring extra clothes? We’re playing with water right?” Sungyeol asked.

“Hey, you guys!” I said, opening the door.

“Don’t come in! Some of us are in here!” Woohyun oppa shouted.

“Sorry!” I said and closed the door. “Umm… Grandma said breakfast is ready, and hurry up, it’s getting late.”

“Coming… Oh god! Ya Lee Sungjong!” Sungyeol shouted.

I smiled; these guys are just hilarious sometimes.


“Ah… This is what you call healing!” Dongwoo oppa said, breathing in the fresh air.

“I can’t remember when the last time we ever go to waterfalls was.” L said.

“Well guys… Enjoy!” Sunggyu oppa was so excited that he went into the water first and started splashing around.

Everyone went crazy and started splashing around.

“Jaelin look! A monk, trying to train his Kung Fu!” Sungyeol said and sat under the small waterfall.

“You look more like a fish out of water Sungyeol.” Woohyun oppa said and we laughed.

“Puah! I can’t breathe! Geez those water are getting into my nose.” Sungyeol said and stood up.

Being with these guys is fun… I hope we could be friends forever… Well, if I could…

“Jaelin!” L shouted and splashed a wave of water towards me.

“How dare you! Guys! Attack!” I said and the 7 of us started splashing L.

“Hey, hey! Stop it!” L said.

“Take that and that!” Woohyun oppa said.

“Gee seems like you’re holding a lot of grudge!” Sunggyu oppa said.

We played for hours and finally everyone was drop dead tired.

“I’m hungry.” L said.

“Lunch?”

“Yeah.”

“Whoa, Jaelin. Your Grandma is the best! She packed us so much food. Can we finish this?” Hoya oppa asked, looking into the basket.

“What are you worrying about? We are 7 men and a girl eating.” L said and we laughed.

After lunch we played some games and the punishments are kinda harsh. There’s one punishment that they made the loser eat a whole bunch of chilies and gosh… I have to say poor Sungyeol will never eat chilies ever again.


L’s Point Of View

“Jaelin? Are you asleep?” I whispered.

“Uhhmmm….” She groaned and turned away.

She must be tired from all that playing at the waterfall just now. Without letting her know, I slip outside and took out my phone.

“Yeobosseyo? Dr. Lee? It’s me, Myungsu. Sorry to bother you at this hour.”

“Ah, Myungsu. I was going to call you, but you called me first.” Dr. Lee said.

“Is there any news?” I asked.

“Well, good news! There’s a match!” He said.

“Really? Who’s?” I was excited.

“Park Minjae ssi. His one was the best one.”

“Park Minjae? Jaelin’s sunbae!” I was shocked.

“We’ll perform the surgery as soon as possible. I’ll set a date up for you. Is that all right?” He asked.

“Yes. It’ll be alright. Thank you doctor.”

“Don’t worry. It’s my responsibility.” He said.

“Thank you.” I thank him again and hung up.

At least there’s a match. I need to tell Jaelin this, she’ll be happy.

“L?”

“Jaelin? What are you doing out here? It’s cold out here!”

“What are you doing?” She asked.

“I can’t sleep. So, I’m out here, looking at the stars.” I said, putting my jacket on her.

“They’re beautiful aren’t they?” She said.

“Yeah… Anyway… I have a surprise for you! But, I’ll reveal it when we go back to Seoul.” I said.

“Come on, tell me now!” She said.

“No~ I won’t. It’s a surprise!”

“L, please?”

“It’s getting too cold. Let’s go in.” I said, pulling her back into the house.

“L….”

“It’s nothing! Let’s get to sleep. We promised to help Grandpa with his field tomorrow morning remember?” I said.

“Fine… Good night.” She said.

“Angry?”

“No I’m not.” She said.

“Aigoo… My chagi is the cutest.” I said and hugged her tightly.